Krillich wants back in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personalities aside I believe we need a change on the board because the fact is that the current board members have had their go and have failed to stop the infighting . I have had a call from Ray Brown and he has no agendas with any one . Also the great Bob Fulton has proven to be a smart man on and off the field and he also supports Max Krillich
We need a change . We have been going around in circles for long enough .
A united Manly is a stronger Manly !!!

lovefooty said:
Ramrod said:
A sore point:

(IF we had won the 2013 GF), the players were encouraged to go to Harbord Diggers with some board members and only spending a few minutes with fans at Manly Leagues.

Whose ego would that be helping?

That would break all tradition we've had since day dot.
Not true. It had nothing to do with any director. Don't believe the telecrap .
The diggers put the after party on for players and family for nothing. The leagues club wanted 60 dollars a head.
Sea eagles management made the call . The board had nothing to do with it.
Also the players after the 2011 grad final spent 45 mins at the leagues club and then went to miramara at terry hills for the same reasons.

$60 a head is nothing compared to the tens of millions of dollars the leagues club has put into the football team over the years.

Poor form not to support the leagues club.

BOZO said:
Personalities aside I believe we need a change on the board because the fact is that the current board members have had their go and have failed to stop the infighting . I have had a call from Ray Brown and he has no agendas with any one . Also the great Bob Fulton has proven to be a smart man on and off the field and he also supports Max Krillich

There will always be 'infighting' until the Penns get the majority vote. They get Rothfield and Ritchie (via Uncle Zorba) to label the board dysfunstional because it suits their agenda. Replace the entire board with new people who won't vote the way the Penns want, and it will be the same. The current board are doing the right thing by our team and also us fans. Nothing needs to change IMO.

bones said:
BOZO said:

There will always be 'infighting' until the Penns get the majority vote. They get Rothfield and Ritchie (via Uncle Zorba) to label the board dysfunstional because it suits their agenda. Replace the entire board with new people who won't vote the way the Penns want, and it will be the same. The current board are doing the right thing by our team and also us fans. Nothing needs to change IMO.
A harmonious board and a united board is a more affective board .
Disunity is not healthy . it is cancerous and it can destroy a club in the long run . The fact is a united team of people working together are more productive and affective unit than ones taking AVO' s against each other .

BOZO said:
bones said:
BOZO said:

Disunity is not healthy . it is cancerous and it can destroy a club in the long run . The fact is a united team of people working together are more productive and affective unit than ones taking AVO' s against each other .

I'd prefer the current set-up at Brookvale, over a 'harmonious' board at Go$ford.

tookey said:
$60 a head is nothing compared to the tens of millions of dollars the leagues club has put into the football team over the years.

Poor form not to support the leagues club.

Mystified about this support for the Leagues Club - it is not the Manly Sea Eagles Footy Team - it is merely a Company that spends more than its revenues and sold off all its assets to boot:dodgy:

Its had its purpose but serves none since it bankrupted itself in 1999 for whatever reason - SL, over commitment to the Football Club or general mismanagement.

All Leagues Club are non-profit and were set up to foster community projects in their District, hence their tax exempt status (till the Pokies Tax came in).
The Football Club is one of many branches that became large enough to break off.

Manly Football Club could not compete from 2000 due to the lack of financial support from the Leagues Club, which let it falter into the Northern Eagles merger. :mad:

What resurrected in 2002 was the Football Club and not the Leagues Club.

There is nothing of value to the Fans and Players and the Football Club in the edifice at 563 Pittwater Road, Brookvale.

The Football Club does not owe the Leagues Club anything.
But it does owe it to the Manly Fans to remain viable and field a first grade Team in the NRL.

The infighting that is constantly referenced in the Media is not within the Football Club Board. This is in fact the Board that delivered 4 GF appearances this Century.

The infighting is within the Franchise, and is due to the multiple ownership structure.

Ray Brown's - Your Club Platform of 'unifying all three Boards' is redundant as the three entities are already unified in the Manly Sea Eagles Franchise. The fact that the Leagues Club chose to sell their vote, should not oblige the Football Club to give theirs away for the sake of the history that the two shared.:cool:

Compromise is the norm in non-majority shareholding parties, hence this last takeover effort by the Penns who currently control 3/7 votes to avoid the inevitable.

Kudos to the group, that set up such a robust and strong constitution for the Manly Sea Eagles Franchise, that even legal attacks have maintained the Football CLub's control of our heritage:angel:

bones said:
BOZO said:
bones said:
BOZO said:

I'd prefer the current set-up at Brookvale, over a 'harmonious' board at Go$ford.
The way these AVO' s are going with the current board members we will have no set up any where LOL . Remember what happened with the Northern eagles board that destroyed each other ? Well the guys on our board openly dislike each other just as much .

^ :huh:
The AVO was brought by Zorba against Williams, but Zorba resigned from the Footy Club Board - so there is no 'open dislike' on there anymore.

So @BOZO you'll be happy when there's no AVO's and a harmonious board, and clearly then you are prepared to be playing out of maybe the SFS or Gosford???

Whilst Ray Brown may not have an " agenda" he doesn't actually need one, it's just to vote whichever way the Penns want.

You can say whatever you want BUT this is all about changing the vote from the present 3/4 against to 4/3 for.

And once that is in their hands, then it's all about what generates the most profit and stuff the fans.

Oh yes we will still have the Sea Eagles but the question is ...... At what cost???'

Bob Fulton lost my vote when he joined up with that clown Hadley. Total dickheads, the lot of them. Now he does have an agenda.

DSM5 said:
Bob Fulton lost my vote when he joined up with that clown Hadley. Total dickheads, the lot of them. Now he does have an agenda.

I remember the bad days of Fultons nepotism If his group get in , brett or Scott Fulton might be coaching the nrl team.

It wouldn't be the first time he pushed out talented people for his family. Remember Jim Sadaris.

lovefooty said:
DSM5 said:

I remember the bad days of Fultons nepotism If his group get in , brett or Scott Fulton might be coaching the nrl team.

It wouldn't be the first time he pushed out talented people for his family. Remember Jim Sadaris.
Ok buddy you do the current football club board whom I support no favours when you slander people and make false claims.

Yes I do remember jim serdaris the player bob Fulton brought to manly and played in the 96 gf and was suspended for the 97 gf. Bob Fulton was one if his biggest supporters.

It was Peter Sharp and Frank Stanton who didn't offer him a contract with the merged northern eagle in 2000.

Stick to the facts champ and like I said focus on the positive the likes of bob Reilly, vidmar, Rory Chris jones and others have done and leave the grubby name calling for the school play ground where it belongs.

the question I would ask of the alternate ticket is what are there plans for the football clubs equity in the NRL club? I have heard whispers they may want to sell those shares to bail out the Leagues Club which is allegedly a financial basket case if that's true as much as I like and respect max krillich it would be a big no from me.

the question I would ask of the alternate ticket is what are there plans for the football clubs equity in the NRL club? I have heard whispers they may want to sell those shares to bail out the Leagues Club which is allegedly a financial basket case if that's true as much as I like and respect max krillich it would be a big no from me.

Cambo is right, I don't think serdaris' career end coincided with the Fulton boys. To be fair Scott and Brett were decent players. It was hard to shine in that star studded lineup. They did well in reserves and deserved some chance in 1sts despite their surname. They didn't hit the heights but neither did lots of players. Bozo rarely picked Scott in front of o'donnell, des, Jim in those days. He was mostly on the bench.

Anyone else notice how relocation of games (either to sfs or Gosford ) seems to only come up at election time?

If I did not know any better I would think it is a scare campaign

Maybe so Isz but so far it hasn't been able to go any further because of the board dynamics.

If the current board is beaten at the meeting, it is likely that Dave Perry will lose his job. That's enough reason to vote against the other mob IMO. David Perry has been great for this club since he took over and for him to be punted would be an injustice.

Prior to 1955, I expect the premises which we know as the "Leagues Club" was actually run by the Football Club. In 1955, the Registered Clubs Act was introduced by the State Government. At this point, the Clubs were required to be licensed and the creation of the second entity known as the Leagues Club, the other being the Football Club. You can insert any team name of the time. Not knowing the actual history (ie board minutes) of the time, the Leagues Club Constitution would have had a provision for providing funding to the Football Club as they "took" the income that the Football Club could have earnt. Similar to the RSL Clubs and their Sub Branches. The Sub Branches owned the land and buildings and to protect themselves, created their own Licensed Clubs and charge them rent (or over the past 20 years, sell them the land at market value).
So make your own minds up of who is indebted to who. The Leagues Club to the Football Club? Or the other way around.
I am not entitled to vote yet, but I will be there to soak in the atmosphere.

*edit. Sorry, Ive edited this. Apparently everything I said is rubbish. MB*

You said it exactly how I feel.
There are some fine people on the board but there are a couple that needs to go.
Unfortunately, those that needs to go is not going and are dragging the others down along the way.

There are too much scare tactics about losing Dave Perry if the new group gets in. They have assured me that is not in their agenda.
I can only take their word for it. Who the hell knows!

I have too much fond memories of the Leagues Club to dismiss it as something that can be disposed of. I cannot and will not, have the heart to destroy something that is so closely linked to the Sea Eagles and have been part of the club's identity.

Bones the issue I have us that no one knows that

As many others have said, apart from vid, there has been a significant lack of transperancy

To be honest this is the reason I refuse to become a member ( of this part)

The Leagues club is dead. It just hasn't been buried yet. It is irrelevant to the Sea Eagles and irrelevant to the community. Yes it had a good innings but really it's dead.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2