Krillich wants back in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problem is that ( just like most elections ) a large % of people vote based on personalities , it's why we see Presidential style Federal elections these days, and that could be a problem for the incumbent board.

I just hope people see it for what it is, and yes that's a takeover giving complete and absolute power to one owner.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I thinks it's a minimum of 2 years Global ( could even be 3), designed to stop " branch stacking".

It should be obv that I'm not branch stacking.

Therefore the ticket that will allow me to vote....gets my vote!

I like the idea of a democratic process in which both parties have to put up reasons for election. What do they stand for, how does the club benefit.

Whilst there is talk above of one owner's interests, for as long as I can see there has been a bloc of Surfside + Football Club versus Penns (and eventually Leagues). There has also been scaremongering from both sides. I stand at a distance but I am interested in the substance of the matter.

Thanks to Vid and anyone else who is offering helpful advice on process -without the party politicking. (We are not Parramatta!)

It's one ticket or the other right vid? We can't choose a few people from both tickets, like voting below the line for the upper house?

I'd be surprised if you can't vote for some of both if you wish, but then we'd not only have a divided Sea Eagles Limited we'd have a divided Football Club as well.

Imagine it will just be all those standing listed and you number 1-6. Although I could be wrong in saying that!!!

You know what I think we need? A third owner so penns quantum and third owner have an equal 28% share and two votes and the district club has the remaining 16% and their one vote. If the three owners can't agree ie three different ideas then the MWDFC gets the deciding vote but if two of three financial backers agree then the vote could only go 4/3 at worst.
It's a shame that 12000 fans can't buy $500 worth of Manly ownership to be the third owners group.

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I thinks it's a minimum of 2 years Global ( could even be 3), designed to stop " branch stacking".

It should be obv that I'm not branch stacking.

Therefore the ticket that will allow me to vote....gets my vote!

I've renewed for 2014 already which will make 4 years but I can't vote because from what I believe at the election date I will technically have not been a member for three full years (by two weeks). The membership goes from 01 jan to 31dec thus I don't have voting rites till jan 1 2014.

Well at least when Ray calls me back, like he said he would, I am now armed with some knowledge on the situation.

Thanks one and all for help and clarification. It really can bee seen as good stuff from a distance, but until u know the "facts"....it isn't at all.....

manlyfan76 said:
You know what I think we need? A third owner...

I've renewed for 2014 already which will make 4 years but I can't vote because from what I believe at the election date I will technically have not been a member for three full years (by two weeks). The membership goes from 01 jan to 31dec thus I don't have voting rites till jan 1 2014.
The Footy Club is the third owner. They raise funds each year and buy back more shares as is their right in their Constitution.

Send email to the manlyfootballclub.com.au and they will confirm your voting status. The link I posted a few posts back to the Proxy Form has the correct web site

Shoe1 said:
It's one ticket or the other right vid? We can't choose a few people from both tickets, like voting below the line for the upper house?

You can vote for whoever you wish mate - that said, as Max announced that he was standing with a group and the current board are standing as a group I'm not sure what would be gained by blending the two?

Realistically it's not an "every person for themselves" type of election - it really is about keeping the current group or removing it I'd say.

I'm very comfortable with the current board members in that we have a spread of experience and bring a variety of skills, networks and qualifications to the table - Hypothetically, if we were to lose 50% of the group I'm not sure that the skill sets would be bettered or even matched to where we are now?

bones said:
Just got a call from Ray Brown.

Sorry Ray, my mind is made up.

Thanks for the support Bones - Did Ray call AM or PM?

manlyfan76 said:
You know what I think we need? A third owner....

That would be great - all we need is someone with a big pile of cash who wants to invest - not that easy to find mate!

To avoid any confusion re voting rights - the AGM is for the 2013 year and members (so 2014 membership isn't a consideration for the meeting at this stage unfortunately)

To be eligible to vote you must be a 2013 member and also a continuous member for the 3 previous years - so been a member in 2010, 2011 & 2012.

Whilst it may appear to be a little harsh is terms of how long it takes to gain the right to vote, it was decided on and voted for by the members - not the board.

Remember that we as members have a huge responsibility and hold some key votes that protect the history and shape the future of the club so that is not to be taken lightly or allowed to be compromised?

This is why it is so important to renew as soon as you can and also keep your contact details up to date - you can now do this on-line via the website.

We send out many reminders (we've already send out 2 so far for 2014) and even call people if emails bounce or we get returned snail mail.

pfffft...sounds like some exclusive sausage-fest

FREE THE VOTES!!!!!

A sore point:

(IF we had won the 2013 GF), the players were encouraged to go to Harbord Diggers with some board members and only spending a few minutes with fans at Manly Leagues.

Whose ego would that be helping?

That would break all tradition we've had since day dot.

Ramrod said:
A sore point:

(IF we had won the 2013 GF), the players were encouraged to go to Harbord Diggers with some board members and only spending a few minutes with fans at Manly Leagues.

Whose ego would that be helping?

That would break all tradition we've had since day dot.
Not true. It had nothing to do with any director. Don't believe the telecrap .
The diggers put the after party on for players and family for nothing. The leagues club wanted 60 dollars a head.
Sea eagles management made the call . The board had nothing to do with it.
Also the players after the 2011 grad final spent 45 mins at the leagues club and then went to miramara at terry hills for the same reasons.

Absolutely correct Lovefooty, I was at the after match function and questioned why it wasn't at the Leagues club, that was the answer given..... Cost was zero at Diggers!!

I don't know what others think, but I don't have an emotional attachment to the Leagues Club. Sure it would be great if it was successful and could be considered an integral part of the Sea Eagles future, but reality is that they are broke, operating out of rented premises because they sold off the assets, and don't look likely to turn it around in the near future. If it's a choice between a successful Football Club and a successful Leagues Club, then I'm going to go the Footy Club every time.

Maybe someone with more idea than me can answer this. What do this Leagues Club faction hope to achieve by gaining control of the Football Club ?? As far as I know the Football Club don't have any significant assets, apart from their shareholding in MWSE (which is only worth what someone is willing to pay). Are they hoping to pass a motion that all players, support staff, employees of MWSE and their families must patronise the Leagues Club at least 3 times a week. I really don't see what the Football Club can do to help change the Leagues Club issues.

"Maybe someone with more idea than me can answer this. What do this Leagues Club faction hope to achieve by gaining control of the Football Club ??"

Good question and the only answer I can come up with is that by having Leagues Club (read P Peters) aligned directors on the Football Club board they hope to deliver 1 or 2 (nb: they only need 1) votes to the Penns via the two Football Club reps appointed to the MWSE board. This delivers a majority bloc to the Penns and P Peters (as the Penn 'owned' Leagues Club rep).

Some might say that Penn owns the most shares and should have the most say in the MWSE. My problem is that I don't trust Penn to not try and find a way to move more games away from Brookie rather than remain committed to developing Brookie. My other problem is that I don't trust P Peters to not let his quest for vengeance over Dave Perry rest despite the great job that Dave Perry has done over the last few years. Retiring P Peters from his role was definitely the right move.

I always hated the Democrats motto of keeping the bastards honest but I do like the checks and balances provided by the current situation. It does lead to some negative press but the reality of our performance over the last 5 years belies the dysfunctional jibes.

As noted before, take care what you wish for if you plan on voting in 'names' over 'no-names'.

Leagues Club, that no one attends and is indebted, wants the Footy Club to sell some of its hard earned shares and give them money to pay over market rent to one of the Owners of the Sea Eagles Franchise:cool:

It would be laughable if it weren't true:-/

The securing of the casting vote on the Franchise Board, is also achieved at the same time, if the Your Club Ticket is voted in.:dodgy:

The Leagues Club could sell its pokies licences to get monies to clear their debts or just declare bankruptcy.
They would still exist as a corporate entity and could rent a venue as and when needed by selling Function Tickets :idea:

Broncos, Scumos, Drugos, Tits, Tigers etc operate without a Leagues Club to my knowledge and manage.

I asked Ray Brown what is it that they do, he said that the Leagues Club is there to support Junior RL - no mention of supporting the Manly we cheer for.:s

I am sure that the Footy Club, if given the grants by the NRL/ARL, could easily extend their charter to include under 20's competitions.

I just received a letter from Cliffy as a follow up to the email he sent last week - God Is Real ! :angel:

This is all about securing the extra vote needed to wield total power. Despite the crap we see in the press from time to time it's probably better that one group having total power.

It's great to see that despite having some " name players" on the ticket that they haven't fooled many of us with this stunt.

You have to laugh when you read that some of them are poker machine company employees, like they really have the Sea Eagles at heart !!!

It's great to see that despite having some " name players" on the ticket that they haven't fooled many of us with this stunt.

It's not the 20 or so members that post here that are likely to make a difference. It's the other 400 odd eligible members that might get "starstruck" if they aren't properly informed.

Apathy is our friend C&C

Last year, they thought that they could push through their agenda by changing the Leagues Club Agenda.
We rallied around and turned up - a good 200 Warringans and even I at my first AGM in 30 years :sleepy:

A mate of mine who attends all the time, both Leagues and Football CLub AGMs could not believe the numbers.
He reckons about 50 oldies attend usually and was glad that we all turned up to vote to stymie the insanity:cool:

I am hoping that all the locals I chat with, will be as impassioned about keeping our Footy Club as we are here, and maintain the current personnel.:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4