Krillich wants back in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not a voting member yet (was a Leagues Club member from 1976 until 1985 but then moved miles away from the beaches) but will be again in another year.

As someone who is not eligible to vote, even though I am a member, the parties that be do not believe it is necessary to explain why there is a need for change and what they propose to do if the board changes.

Some say that the Penn's will have full control. Well what is the Penn's vision for the club compared to the rest of the current board? Maybe those who are voting members have received heaps of mail regarding this, but I can't see it anywhere in this blog (mind you I didn't really look that closely).

From Penn's previously published visions it would appear that he is trying to make Manly an international brand like Man U and other English clubs, with games in the UAE, China and the like and probably moving us away from Brookie to a major stadium. Basically increase the $ value of the brand, as his investment at the moment is probably worth diddly squat what he paid for it and has had to invest in it since.

In August this year, Scott Penn indicated that he foresaw a change in ownership prior to the 2014 season, with his family potentially selling to major sponsors who have an interest in buying. So at that time he was obviously fed up with what's going on at board level, affecting changes he and his family wants to make to probably build value in the brand (I'm guessing) or limit his future investment costs to prop the club up, even though we made a small profit this year.

However, in 2011 he had a different focus and foresaw much more cooperation with Quantum after they took a major share in the business and their apparent commercial outlook. Unfortunately for his family, given that Quantum seem against Penn, this has obviously not transpired.

In his interview in 2011 he stated that Television was definitely a detriment to attendance at games (even though the TV contract covers the entire FG salary cap) and to attract attendance; " So I think that as a game we have to look at how we can make that atmosphere even better. Gone are the days of just turning up and watching the game. We need to turn it into an entertainment experience."

He also said; "If you have a choice of watching it (on TV) at 7.30 on a Friday night when it is pouring with rain outside and 10C, what is your choice? I think that the TV spectacle is outstanding but it can never replicate being at a game live". I agree with this totally, we are very fickle, particularly with our kids health and the ease of saying 'Stuff it I'll just watch it on tele' when you have the archaic facilities we have at Brookie in typical winter night weather and the bloody NRL, that won't give us our wonderful Sunday arvos on the hill.

So what am I saying?

I have no idea really what Penn and his family vision is for the club that he has 49%+ ownership of. One minute he has a long term vision, the next minute he wants out, but apart from games in Dubai, China and more of an entertainment experience, I am damned if I know what his future vision is for the club.

Come on Scott, you remember the speech... "I have a dream....".

Can you just share a little bit more of it please so those who can vote can decide if they want to come along for the ride.

I don't think you will get either side to reveal their true intentions. All you will get is rhetoric about unity, loyalty, integrity, and the future growth of the Sea Eagles.

It'd be great if the minutes of the MWSE Board meetings were publicly available but I'm guessing since it is basically a private company then there is no requirement to make those minutes available to non shareholders.

BrookieBrawler, as the Franchise is a private Company,
I'm not sure that there is a requirement for it to allow their Board Minutes to be made public.

The feed that the DT get is not a normal operational procedure.:dodgy:

As all leaks serve an agenda, we Fans just get frustruted by them and can only exert a limited influence by voting in the Footy Club Board (as the Leagues Club vote was a condition of the Penn's purchase of the Club Building).

This is why its important to be a voting member of the only entity that is independent of the two Owners.

How many posting in here actually have a vote, I'll declare that I do!!!

Such a pity that all " members" don't tick the box so they can have a say as well, it seems many that that being a member entitles them to this BUT it doesn't.

I do. Hoping i can actually attend the AGM. Work is very busy this time of year

Mark from Brisbane said:
How many posting in here actually have a vote, I'll declare that I do!!!

Such a pity that all " members" don't tick the box so they can have a say as well, it seems many that that being a member entitles them to this BUT it doesn't.

I've only been a Football Club member since 01 Dec 2010 so i don't think that I am eligible to vote until next year.

I am eligible and have fielded telephone calls from both Mr Orangehead Krilich (one 'L' kids, not two) and Mr Bob Reilly Esq. I listened politely to what they had to say, but of course remained non-committal.

bones said:
Ramrod said:
bones said:
This is a message from Max Delmege on Facebook:

To Mighty Sea Eagle Members and loyal much appreciated Facebook friends- A Penn backed Peter Peters organised group of Ex Manly players have suddenly appeared on the scene to oust Bob Reilly's incumbent board of the football club. The reason is to ensure, the Penn's get full and unfettered control of our now very successful NRL team. I ASK WHERE WERE THEY when most needed back in 2002-2003? When the club was going under and was within 14 days of handing back their licence to the NRL? They were NOwhere to be seen, Since then with serious capital injection of funds from myself and others but most importantly with your unwavering support we have competed in 4 Grand finals WON 3, officially 2, enjoying a 40-NIL Grandfinal win in 2008.
The club is now profitable and run competently and that is why these GREEDY GRUBBY few want to take control. Don't be fooled by the insincere words keep Bob Reilly's board in place, listen to our very own legend Cliffy Lyons. I ask you this to ensure our continued success on and off the field. I make you this promise personally, I WILL stay closely involved to ensure this success continues. THANKYOU together united we did it, together united we will continue to do it. Stay safe stat happy and if your healthy your wealthy. Vote wisely

I thank Max Demelge for his contribution.

However, saying the following people wants to cause harm to our club is a bit unbelievable:

* Max Krilich - over 200 games in Manly 1st grade.

* Alan Thompson - over 200 games in Manly 1st grade.

* Ray Brown - ex Manly player and ex NSW state manager for Aristocrat.

* Warren Jowett - ex Manly player and current Managing Director at Aristocrat, Asia Pacific.

* Warwick Bulmer - the man who bleeds maroon and white and leads our victory song.

* Bob Fulton (supposedly endorsing this group) - over 200 games in Manly 1st grade.

Yeah i guess. That would be as believable as Des Hasler harming the club- over 250 games for Manly as a player and two time premiership winning coach at the club. :s

Seriously though, maybe they don't think they are harming the club. They may not be, but it still may not be a direction that we as fans will like, even though some club legends do like it.

Good point, but I think you'll find Des is a once in a century self-serving egotistical c@#%.

These other life members of the football club - Thrower, Bozo, Thommo, Wok, cannot all be collectively working to destroy their own club. There's no logic to it.

Jethro said:
I've only been a Football Club member since 01 Dec 2010 so i don't think that I am eligible to vote until next year.
http://manlyfootballclub.com.au/documents/2012%20MWRLFC%20Annual%20Report.pdf

Check Page 23 , it lists all the Members who were Ineligible in 2012.
Page 21 are the eligible members in 2012.
Plus the Annual Reports will clarify a lot of information on Football Club activities for those confused about their agenda. List of all Manly Players, achievements and great photos :angel:

You need to have 3 consecutive years' membership to be eligible.
http://manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/contact Contact them here and they can update you and their list in case your name was not added in time.

I checked and could not find a 'Jethro' in the whole Report:p

Ramrod said:
These other life members of the football club - Thrower, Bozo, Thommo, Wok, cannot all be collectively working to destroy their own club. There's no logic to it.

No one is suggesting that these past Players are set on destroying the Football Club's voting power on the Sea Eagles Franchise Board, like they did with the voting power of the Leagues Club Board.

I am sure that they see it as a business decision - 'for the good of the Club to move with the times...'.

The fact that a large proportion of them rely on the life support being given to the Leagues Club, so that they remain employed, is just a happy coincidence.

What about current players. They are eligible to vote and some have been around 10years enough time to be sick of board fighting paper talk . Are they encouraged to vote?

HappilyManly said:
Jethro said:

Plus the Annual Reports will clarify a lot of information on Football Club activities for those confused about their agenda. List of all Manly Players, achievements and great photos :angel:

http://manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/contact Contact them here and they can update you and their list in case your name was not added in time.

I checked and could not find a 'Jethro' in the whole Report:p

Ramrod said:

No one is suggesting that these past Players are set on destroying the Football Club's voting power on the Sea Eagles Franchise Board, like they did with the voting power of the Leagues Club Board.

I am sure that they see it as a business decision - 'for the good of the Club to move with the times...'.

The fact that a large proportion of them rely on the life support being given to the Leagues Club, so that they remain employed, is just a happy coincidence.

HappilyManly said:
Jethro said:

I did that last year and they still didn't put me on the list :(

If they can't get that right....I'm voting for a NEW board when I get the chance seeing as this current one doesn't rate me a mention.

Bastards.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
HappilyManly said:
They are after all running a 'Integrity, Stability and Hatmony' campaign :shy:
GE I assumed you were already on their side.

I have been around football teams and clubs all my life and have never heard the word Harmony any where until now.?

A question are the Penns moving Zorba off the board for peace and harmony or his leaks and bulling of board members goes with out saying and will continue.

I find it very difficult to get passed all the he said she said stuff when it comes to board squabbles its all very muddy. I don't really know I just go by what I read. If you believe each side its them that are the most loyal, the most Manly, the most independent....and the other side are all snakes.

My only question is this - If David Perry is doing the outstanding job that most people believe he is.....will the challengers keep him on as CEO if his performance warrants it or will they make his position untenable at the first opportunity ???

To me that will answer the question about who is independent and who is acting in Manlys best interests and not just axe grinding.

I dont know the answer.... but I fear the answer.

One thing none of us can deny, Zorba hates Perry with a passion and would love to get revenge by seeing him booted.

Zorba has had a very large influence in the bad press, board disharmony , and we must remember that Zorba and the Penns are closely related.

Read into that what you will!!!

Further to the Dave Perry ( security of tenure) debate, I seem to remember an article in the SMH mid last year when he was awarded a 3 year contract.

The move was ratified 4 votes to 3 with the Penn family and their Leagues club vote against the move, at ( what was reported at the time) an incredibly fiery meeting.

The downhill slide on the MWSE board has continued since then as the Penns cannot get their own way when they want it.

So I do NOT think its " conjecture" about his security, I think it's plain and simple, once they get control Zorba will exact his revenge ( through the block family vote), and Perry will be shafted.

I have had a LOT ( and I do mean a lot) to do with Dave these last 2 years, let me say he's by far the best operator we have had in that job ever, and that even includes my old mate Grant Mayer.

He's incredibly switched on ( financially ) and his staff will walk over hot rocks for him, it would be a huge backward step if we were to lose him now.

So say what you will on this issue but the Penn group have already laid their cards on the table with this one, once they get that vital 4th vote, Perry will be gone!!

Without any doubt in my mind the current board need to be returned, we as members need this " check and balance" system, much as a nation we need the same in a political sense.

If you doubt my words I'll dig up the link to the story ( unless someone else can do that, sorry away from home at present and just using my iPhone to post these)

I am in front of a PC for a few minutes and have found the article, its exactly as I stated above.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sea-eagles-sign-perry-to-new-deal-20120629-217k6.html

Success on the field, profit off the field, players love playing for the club, record membership numbers. Quick lets start changing things!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8