If snake stays...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Great memories in that Mullane bombing a try, Heckenburg, Hollingsworth, Hoppa, Torrens, Willo the list goes on.

Even Silvertails own @byso makes a few appearances in crowd shots!

Maybe 2018 mate, won't be next year though unfortunately. We'll have to work with what we have now in regards to backs in 2017, from what I've heard.

Probably another lean year in 2017, opportunities for many to cement a spot in 2018 and beyond but you'd have to say the high turnover we have seen in 2015-16 is likely to continue.

Our player acquisition in 2017 ( for the 2018 year) will be more than interesting.

Probably another lean year in 2017, opportunities for many to cement a spot in 2018 and beyond but you'd have to say the high turnover we have seen in 2015-16 is likely to continue.

Our player acquisition in 2017 ( for the 2018 year) will be more than interesting.

Absolutely mate - I know those within the club are very excited especially about the forward stocks coming through, it's just unfortunate that Matai is gone and Snake also likely at the same time. There will certainly need to be some patience within 2017.

Thank you snake if that's the case. Imo club needs to employ him Tommy needs some work on his defence at back, work picking up ball. Big one teaching him chiming into line on attack.
Next season yes another tough one our back line is very green. Dylan walker will have to step up.
Whare needs to be target yes he has injury worries but one thing we have to pay overs.

Absolutely mate - I know those within the club are very excited especially about the forward stocks coming through, it's just unfortunate that Matai is gone and Snake also likely at the same time. There will certainly need to be some patience within 2017.

I'm sure they ( club ) will have patience, but that's not a virtue regularly shown on this Forum, so could be another difficult , at times spiteful, year coming up.

I'm hoping for an improved showing next year but don't think we'll make the top 8. I will be pleasantly surprised if we do.

As long as we are competitive and win more games at home, i'll be happy. Anything on top of that will be a bonus.

2018 is when i expect more. I believe we should have a big signing or 2 for that year and our young forwards will have more game time by then.

I wonder if Folau would like to come back and play centre in 2018....i know, i'm dreaming! :)

I'm hoping for an improved showing next year but don't think we'll make the top 8. I will be pleasantly surprised if we do.

As long as we are competitive and win more games at home, i'll be happy. Anything on top of that will be a bonus.

2018 is when i expect more. I believe we should have a big signing or 2 for that year and our young forwards will have more game time by then.

I wonder if Folau would like to come back and play centre in 2018....i know, i'm dreaming! :)

Be great to make the Fortress great once again , but have a feeling we will still struggle against the top sides that have been together for a few years.

Our time will come , and theirs will fade, it's just the way things roll.

Sad to see these guys go but I know one thing for sure. It might take 2,5, 10 or 20 years but the next crop of our club superstars will be just as amazing.

Usually that wait is brief if yoy support the maroon and white. I get the feeling that its going to be very brief this time. I see a 2 or 3 of potential club legends already playing for us now.

Go Manly.

Hope its in time to still snare 1 of 2 outside backs that the club was chasing 2 months ago....whatever happens - needs to be sorted out ASAP.

Hence why we have Kevin Locke 'trialing' with the club. Everyone pretty much knows that Snake and/or Skivy are done (sadly) and that's why he's there right now. As soon as Snake and Skivy's retirements are official they'll be handing a signed contract to the NRL for approval. In fact, I dare say he would have signed already if both weren't being given as much time as possible to try and be passed fit to play (being kind there, I think its more the club and the players managers trying to sort out any payments).

Hence why we have Kevin Locke 'trialing' with the club. Everyone pretty much knows that Snake and/or Skivy are done (sadly) and that's why he's there right now. As soon as Snake and Skivy's retirements are official they'll be handing a signed contract to the NRL for approval. In fact, I dare say he would have signed already if both weren't being given as much time as possible to try and be passed fit to play (being kind there, I think its more the club and the players managers trying to sort out any payments).
True that H8, but there is another outside back the club was chasing and would be a perfect fit to the puzzle....& maybe still a show if announcements are made sooner rather than later....totally agree on Locke who ppl forget, is a very, very good player...but more a Fullback/Winger than a centre.

Sad to see these guys go but I know one thing for sure. It might take 2,5, 10 or 20 years but the next crop of our club superstars will be just as amazing.
Usually that wait is brief if yoy support the maroon and white. I get the feeling that its going to be very brief this time. I see a 2 or 3 of potential club legends already playing for us now.
Go Manly.
Want to see a competitive Top 8 Manly for my 50th Year of being a supporter. May 20 Roll on. Hope we can put it together.:nerd:

So based on the new CEO's admission Brett's not due back to January, meaning we won't find out about this to at best end of February.

Guess that kisses goodbye anyone's thoughts of being able to use that part of the salary cap.

So based on the new CEO's admission Brett's not due back to January, meaning we won't find out about this to at best end of February.

Guess that kisses goodbye anyone's thoughts of being able to use that part of the salary cap.
It will not help us next year but if he / Steve retire we can use the funds to front end some contracts this year and free up more space the following

It will not help us next year but if he / Steve retire we can use the funds to front end some contracts this year and free up more space the following

That would be the smart move, then rear end some contracts next year or the year after and give ourselves a 3 year window like Des did. It is the only formulae that gives us a competitive chance against the TPA rich clubs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8