Post-Game Discussion Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
24 4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 18:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Could it just be - the manly way?
I know most will blame the coach and personally agree it partly is....but the truth is, these high profile Manly players are not delivering in those key moments.
I mainly blame them for not being able to ice the game after leading by 20 points.
As for "The Manly way"
I damn hope not :whew:

Lodge needs some training on his movement, its hard to see on TV but his body and legs are way out of sync, showed on his dropped ball from the kick off, think his body shape suffered from his knee injury.

We needed Burbo or Humole tonight. At the end of the day, kicking was the difference and we let ourselves down with dumb things. life goes on and there are more games to come.

I know most will blame the coach and personally agree it partly is....but the truth is, these high profile Manly players are not delivering in those key moments.
I mainly blame them for not being able to ice the game after leading by 20 points.
As for "The Manly way"
I damn hope not :whew:
Key moments just need to be game managed including composure under pressure. No frantic headless chooks in either attack or defence.

Key moments just need to be game managed including composure under pressure. No frantic headless chooks in either attack or defence.
Exactly right
I mean realistically, Manly allowed them back into the game.
These big name players seemed to lack hunger or feel it was in the bag and either way, you need your big guns raising the energy bar and lifting the team, but when we needed it most, looked flat and unwilling to put the hands up and say " Follow me boys, let's lift"

He’s certainly an impressive salesman,when does he become an impressive coach,or at the very least,impressive at coaching defence?
Ultimately every coach lives and dies by that sword.

As much as we all want him to just flick the turn us into a premiership winner over night.

Generally progress and learnings take time and experience up wards over years.

Right now if we can only judge him on has he got buy in, is he improving individuals, improving this team. Does he understand footy and individuals and what's needed to win?

I know he didn't inherit a great culture with this rainbow squad with a history of premiership success.

He certainly gives confidence that he can get this team where it needs?

But let's be honest, there's a bit of luck needed, including having the right list. More than one factor involved. You can have greatest of coaches but doesn't guarantee success. Just think of Wayne at Knights or Belly ache at the Blues.

We are a team on the up. At least if we can fix that defence;-).

We are hardly like souths with a coach who has won everything.

Last edited:

As much as we all want him to just flick the turn us into a premiership winner over night.

Right now if we can only judge him on has he got buy in, is he improving individuals, improving this team. Does he understand footy and individuals and what's needed to win?

I know he didn't inherit a great culture with this rainbow squad with a history of premiership success.

He certainly gives me confidence he has the ability to get this team where it needs?

But even the greatest of coaches doesn't guarantee success. Just think of Wayne at Knights.
At the core,this team has not improved in his time.They’ve always been able to score,but their defence,resilience and composure has not improved.Seibold has struggled with defence his whole career

He certainly gives me confidence he has the ability to get this team where it needs?

But let's be honest, there's a bit of luck needed, including having the right list. More than one factor involved. You can have greatest of coaches but doesn't guarantee success. Just think of Wayne at Knights or Belly ache at the Blues.

We are a team on the up. At least if we can fix that defence;-).

We are hardly like souths with a coach who has won everything.
I would like Seibold to make a change or two where he can, at the moment the same issues have been repeated in the last three weeks.

I get he is backing the current 17, though a change or two sends the message louder.

Who are you comparing Bennet and Belly ache to feathered friend ?

What changes would ya make?
I have Gordie on the pine, Garrick back on that left wing for me.

Waddell he was very ordinary tonight, if Ben is back he would come in there, not to much in the cupboard when the squad is at 26.

At right centre I think Ben T is the best option though the edge forwards we are short of depth, no Schuster or Guaca available, I would try Talua at right centre to have Garrick on the left wing until Guaca returns.

I think we missed Bully’s leg speed in the middle tonight also.

To say that was disappointing game is an understatement, I just cant fathom how a team can capitulate so badly. I honestly feel sick about how we played. Absolutely putrid defence, far too many basic handling errors, lack of discipline etc, etc.

We are not performing as a cohesive well drilled team. And what really gets me is that we have very little desire (if any) as a team to win as a team. We should have won tonight but we lacked the desire to do so.

Having a winning team culture and mindset is essential for any successful professional sporting team. We just don't have that at the moment and haven't for a long time.

A winning culture includes a number of factors but for starters it means fostering an environment where success is expected and celebrated. A winning culture is a culture of excellence, excellence as a team and as individuals. A mentality of expecting to win no matter what and never giving up.

Apart from a winning culture you must also be defensively strong and master the basics like ball control, discipline, positional play etc every single minute of every single game.

We are not getting our defence and basics right and will never be truly competitive until we address these issues also. (Let alone other problem areas like resilience and consistency.)

Each year I keep hoping that we have a competitive team, a team that can take us to the finals and then hopefully to a grand final win. The last time I felt we had a competitive team with heart, where I knew we would give our all and win games was about ten years ago. Since then we have just been making up the numbers and it looks like that is exactly what we are doing again this year.

If nothing changes, then nothing changes.

Siebold didn’t drop the ball and miss tackles.
Turbo and DCE as senior players need to take responsibility for this **** show.
You are professional athletes and need to take responsibility for managing our team, but sadly you didn’t do it.
We were terrible in the second half and I can’t understand why we play well against the so called top sides but struggle against the lower teams.
We are still in a fair position in the table, but honestly we haven’t really played a great 80 minutes all year.
I love Turbo but his positional defensive reads are killing us.
He has come back from the USA hamstring guru a different player,
Seems to always protect his body but not the team.
He wants to play SOO but on his recent defenceive performances how could you pick him.
Anyway, what a ****house performance by a team who thought they had it won until complacency set in and the rest is history.
So pissed off for all our fans who support you so much and you contribute this ****.

DCE is the biggest Manly fraud in its history. And the fact that he has played the most games for the club and is celebrated that much by other frauds, is shameful.
He’s also the biggest “thief” in the club outside any board member, and when you sell your better half back to keep the worst half for twice the money, this club deserves humiliating failure.
Supporting DCE is supporting self-humiliation.

DCE is the biggest Manly fraud in its history. And the fact that he has played the most games for the club and is celebrated that much by other frauds, is shameful.
He’s also the biggest “thief” in the club outside any board member, and when you sell your better half back to keep the worst half for twice the money, this club deserves humiliating failure.
Supporting DCE is supporting self-humiliation.
Fact is that Frauds dont win Premierships , state of origins and represent their country
Never knock Champions Because they always bounce back up as DCE always has

Fact is that Frauds dont win Premierships , state of origins and represent their country
Never knock Champions Because they always bounce back up as DCE always has
I’d rather he not have to ‘bounce’ back. That’s his problem - he bounces from excellent to terrible - all within the space of one game sometimes. He’s not a consistent solid captain. IMO brooks has been the better half this year. Sure, he hasn’t reached the occasional brilliant heights that DCE has, but he’s certainly not reached the dismal lows he has either. I think he’s done more for us on the whole.

Could it just be - the manly way?
It is now, under the Roly Poly Man.

Or should that be the Michelin Man?

IMG_9701.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d rather he not have to ‘bounce’ back. That’s his problem - he bounces from excellent to terrible - all within the space of one game sometimes. He’s not a consistent solid captain. IMO brooks has been the better half this year. Sure, he hasn’t reached the occasional brilliant heights that DCE has, but he’s certainly not reached the dismal lows he has either. I think he’s done more for us on the whole.
I think Brooks is too enamoured of the cutout pass to a winger who is not positioned to take it.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10