If snake stays...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not at all mate, no issues with what you said , I'm purely saying it's unacceptable just to play them because of who they are.

Love them like the rest of you BUT, they are either fit enough to play at the highest level or if they are not they sit on the sidelines.

Either way, it's still going to be a cost !!
Agree but would also say rather than sit you ship them out, eat some of the contract and fill the hole. He's only got a year left so you suck it up for a year.

If the rumours from last year are true then Baz chose Tom over Snake anyway then so no reason why he wouldn't again now.

But this would all be much simpler if we were owned by the NRL. He would have been paid out by insurance after 2 seconds and we'd have been gifted the best replacement on the market. Kind of like how Bird goes to Catalans and Kevin Proctor falls into their lap...

Ah ok yep. No sarcasm. My sarcasm radar needs tweaking.

I just get the feeling that those who are keen on seeing him return from injury (causing him to miss 3/4 of the preseason) won't be keen to jump to the teams defence if his performances are sub standard and lead to losses.

TT - avg 16 runs, avg 158m, 10 tries (0.41 per game), 11 try assists (0.45 per game).

Snake - avg 6 runs, avg 39m, 1 try (0.06 per game), 2 try assists (0.13 per game).

No comparison.

Who was the FB before Snake. Did this same debate happen when the transition was going on?...
Before Snake was the beginnings of the end of the Northern Eagles debacle. So no, that debate most certainly didn't transpire.

Who was the FB before Snake. Did this same debate happen when the transition was going on?...

Wasn't just Reeves. The back end of 2003 was a mix of Reeves, Albert Torrens & Ben Walker. What a shemozzle.

For 2004 the club signed Andrew Walker & he was the fullback for the first two months.

Then Snake came in when Walker went to 5/8th to replace Jye Mullane.

I can't remember if Snake's form in reggies triggered that to happen or if it was Mullane got injured or dumped by Peter Sharp.

Manly were really at the bottom the day Snake made his run-on debut!

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/en/racing/nrl-sunday-league-story-40659
Manly Sea Eagles v St George-Illawarra Dragons
When: Sunday 3pm
Where: Brookvale Oval
Odds: Sea Eagles ($2.85) Dragons ($1.42)
Points Start: Sea Eagles (+7.5)

SEA EAGLES NEWS: Coming off last week’s bye, the Sea Eagles still find themselves in last place despite having received the two charity points last week, as their inability to put together 80 minutes of solid football has cost them on six occasions so far this season.
Andrew Walker moves to 5/8 to replace the absent Jye Mullane, with Brett Stewart making his NRL run-on debut having been named at full back. John Hopoate returns after a month away from the game, having been named on a wing replacing Luke Williamson (bench), while Solomon Haumono replaces Kylie Leuluai in the front row.

Got it wrong. Des Halser was coach in 2004.

Rd 9 2004 Manly 21 vs Dragons 10 @ Brookie.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...warringah-vs-st-george-illawarra/summary.html

Fullback 1. Brett STEWART 23. Clint GREENSHIELDS
Wing 2. Scott DONALD 3. John CARLAW
Centre 3. Albert TORRENS 24. Mark GASNIER
Centre 4. Chris HICKS 4. Matt COOPER
Wing 5. John HOPOATE 5. Reece SIMMONDS

5/8th 6. Andrew WALKER 6. Shaun TIMMINS (c)
Half 7. Michael MONAGHAN 7. Mathew HEAD

Front Row 8. Daniel HECKENBERG 8. Luke BAILEY
Hooker 21. Nathan HOLLINGSWORTH 17. Lincoln WITHERS
Front Row 10. Solomon HAUMONO 14. Ashton SIMS
2nd Row 14. Luke WILLIAMSON 11. Dean YOUNG
2nd Row 12. Anthony WATMOUGH 16. Justin POORE
Lock 13. Steve MENZIES (c) 13. Tony JENSEN

Bench 11. Sam HARRIS 9. Mark RIDDELL
Bench 15. Kylie LEULUAI 10. Brent KITE
Bench 16. Shayne DUNLEY 15. Jason RYLES
Bench 17. Ian DONNELLY 18. Ben CREAGH

Coach Des HASLER Nathan BROWN

I posted this in another thread - I Spoke to a key person within the club and he said Stewart and Matai won't be playing at all, said our side is very much lacking leadership as mostly inexperienced
I'd say it will be a building year and we have an exciting future if we are prepared to wait that long. I get the feeling talking to anyone close to the club that snake will take all he can get and is always demanding more. I get the feeling we will be paying for him to sit on the sidelines this year. At the end of the day Manly were the ones to hired him for as long as they did, so he has no reason to look elsewhere

I posted this in another thread - I Spoke to a key person within the club and he said Stewart and Matai won't be playing at all, said our side is very much lacking leadership as mostly inexperienced
I'd say it will be a building year and we have an exciting future if we are prepared to wait that long. I get the feeling talking to anyone close to the club that snake will take all he can get and is always demanding more. I get the feeling we will be paying for him to sit on the sidelines this year. At the end of the day Manly were the ones to hired him for as long as they did, so he has no reason to look elsewhere

Correct, whoever it was that signed him for the extra years was the dumb one, he however is the smart one , circa $700k for sitting in the sidelines for 12 months is fair work if you can get it.

Its too easy to hang onto the past Ryan, add that video to all of the other years of snakes tries, and its easy to get caught up in the love for snake. I still believe 2015 was a great year for him more so as a ball player, but 2017 is wishful thinking. Dont forget the brilliant players we had through those years that complimented his play also. We had it so good for so many years

He should take what he could get. I would.

I'd love to see him have another year but if not, thanks for the memories. You are entitled to your contract money.

He should take what he could get. I would.

I'd love to see him have another year but if not, thanks for the memories. You are entitled to your contract money.

He's hardly going to kiss almost $15k a week farewell is he?

Just a pity we can't do a " Watnow" on him, but that's reserved for the favourites of the NRL.

On channel 7 news last night they interviewed Trent Barrett and he said that Brett's knee was not improving the way they hoped it would and it doesn't look like he will play this year. He also said it was highly unlikely that Steve Mattai would play as well. So it looks like it is finished for both these guys and the end of a wonderful era that gave us 2 premierships and wonderful memories.

On channel 7 news last night they interviewed Trent Barrett and he said that Brett's knee was not improving the way they hoped it would and it doesn't look like he will play this year. He also said it was highly unlikely that Steve Matai would play as well. So it looks like it is finished for both these guys and the end of a wonderful era that gave us 2 premierships and wonderful memories.

Also add to the fact that Manly are trying to get these guys medical retirements, so Baz is probably playing it up to help the retirement. (not denying snake has bad knees, its known he has issues).

Thankfully we blooded turbo last season, as we have gone from one amazing FB to another. :)

Hope its in time to still snare 1 of 2 outside backs that the club was chasing 2 months ago....whatever happens - needs to be sorted out ASAP.

Brett Stewart a legend of the club. But I like Matai better. Man we have been spoiled. Snake's brilliance defies belief and the hits Matai put on (for someone like me anyway) were the best high-lights of the past decade. Will miss them both but hoping they don't play next year. Matai could contribute but Stewart was busted last year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8