Got my Kindle today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok here is where I am at,

I will buy a Kindle 3, I doubt the 4 will be a better book reader (which is all I am interested in) and any extra storage is about as handy as an ashtray on a motor bike.

So, should I buy the 3G version, my house is a wi-fi zone.

I think I will get one of those snazzy cover from Amazon for $40, but will I get the light for the additional $20.00.

Any input appreciated.

Put it this way Bob i have not needed the wifi or 3g (i have 3g)

A cover is a must for me - lighter the better (girly wrists)

Cover is a must IMO too. I just bought a $10 jobby from eBay, took about 5 days to get here and does the trick. I don't have a light with if but haven't felt I needed one

Thanks Isz and Dan

I have recently come across (well they flowed my way at a rapid speed) 1400 or so books that are in the fight format.

Funny how many of us must have stumbled over that. Though I have now bought a few books. I don't want the industry to die out

If you read newspapers look at this
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Newspapers/b?ie=UTF8&node=1263068011

Not many Aussie ones yet but if you have the 3G version you can have the papers delivered to your kindle daily no matter where you are in the world.... Love this feature

That's fantastic Dan,

Except who needs newspapers when all news worth reading is gathered and published right here!

Rex said:
That's fantastic Dan,

Except who needs newspapers when all news worth reading is gathered and published right here!

Good point however my dad enjoys still getting the in newspapers so trying to convince him on this on

I still like to spread a newspaper out on my back deck with a hot cuppa on a Saturday or Sunday and take my time to read it.....the KIndle for books is an absolute winner though...far easier.

Cant work out why you guys didnt buy local.

http://www.readershop.com.au/?gclid=CI6fsIqSiKkCFQXabgodCWTAig

Maybe the price put you off.

yeah bob, if the local one was a bit closer it would be an option, $100 is a lot more to pay when its only $140 to start with.

I was warming to getting a Barnes and Noble Nook but I read there is some complication buying books outside the USA.

I take it this is not the case with Amazon??

The reason I like the new Nook is the extra battery life, the touch screen and the on screen keyboard.

The Kindle is winning me over with the excellent service almost everyone provided by Amazon.

Fro said:
yeah bob, if the local one was a bit closer it would be an option, $100 is a lot more to pay when its only $140 to start with.

There's a few things included in that but I paid about $230 for mine (with the Cover and light option). This one at $295 doesn't include that same cover and light so it's perhaps hard to compare.

bob dylan said:
I was warming to getting a Barnes and Noble Nook but I read there is some complication buying books outside the USA.

I take it this is not the case with Amazon??

The reason I like the new Nook is the extra battery life, the touch screen and the on screen keyboard.

The Kindle is winning me over with the excellent service almost everyone provided by Amazon.

Amazon is not allowed to sell all books to all countries, nobody is.

but there aren't many that you wont be able to get from there. and there are other sources anyway

just read this arvo that borders has gone totally bust and will close their last 9 stores today, those with kobos may be watching with interest.

they are still running the online side of it, but at their prices it wont be long before they are cactus too...

Medibank are giving away the kobo for free when you sign up. They must have got a stack of them dirt cheap.

Just placed my order for Kindle, took a while to make my mind up between the Kindle and the new Nook.

The reasons I chose the Kindle were;

1 the great reviews from this thread, plus plenty of others elsewhere.

2 just about everyone raves about Amazon's great customer service if there is a problem with the product.

I also ordered the power adapter from Amazon and a cover and screen protector from Ebay.

Now the wait begins.

You won't be dissapointed. Their customer service is pretty amazing they do whatever they can to resolve the issue as best they can

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8