Got my Kindle today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Quick question guys, did the Kindle arrive in the mail or via courier.

Mine is currently in LA according to tracking.

Courier. DHL usually deliver it.

LA? WTF it comes from China and should only take 3 days. Give it until Friday and if it isn't there call them.

Mine got lost in the mail and took a week. I ordered a replacement as Amazon assumed it lost. And that took 3 days from China

I mine left Sparks, Nevada yesterday. Went so San Fran. then to LA.

Here is my tracking as of 8.30am Wednesday morning.

Date Time Location Event Details
June 7, 2011 02:03:00 PM Los Angeles Gateway CA US Departure Scan
June 7, 2011 12:51:00 AM Los Angeles Gateway CA US Arrival Scan
June 6, 2011 11:58:00 PM San Francisco Gateway CA US Departure Scan
June 6, 2011 07:47:00 PM San Francisco Gateway CA US Arrival Scan
June 6, 2011 06:48:00 PM Sparks NV US Departure Scan
June 6, 2011 03:29:00 PM Sparks NV US Arrival Scan
June 6, 2011 02:16:00 PM Sparks NV US Shipment received by carrier

Just checked I did order the international version, and I did.

Yeah everyone over at Whirlpool seem to have theirs 3 days after placing order. Was hoping to have it for the long weekend, with RDO's Tuesday and Wednesday and the chance of illness Thursday and Friday my week was all planned out.

That is really weird, no idea why they are shipping it from the US and why it went from La to San Fran given they are both direct ports to Australia.

DHL isn't even located in any of those ports. Why it has gone to Nevada I do not know. Are the address details correct on the tracking?

It started in Nevada, then to San Fran then to LA and hopefully now its on a "big ol' jet air-liner" headed to Sydney or Melbourne.

Nevada to San Fran to LA....Weird.

That has definitely gone the long route. Should have come through China and would be there by now

Mine came from the States too Bob, so I wouldnt be too worried about that, Cant remember where it originated without looking it up, but came through Hawaii to Syd.

Once it got to syd it appeared to drop off their tracking system, but I put the tracking number through the usual suspects as far as couriers out here goes and got a hit on Australian Air Express.

I dunno where you are physically located, but I'd say you should have it by the weekend, I ordered on a Sunday arvo and had it by Thursday. and thats to Country NSW

Thanks Fro.

I ordered last Saturday, I am in country NSW, Junee to be exact.

Australian Air Express have delivered my iphones and are regulars at work so I know I can expect a lunchtime delivery.

Via Hawaii hey, I was there 5 weeks ago myself and it was a good bit warmer than the expected maximum of 8 degrees here today.

hehe I'd rather be in Hawaii than here (Bathurst) snow forecast this arvo :)

yeah i'd say any day now, once it clears customs use the number on the amazon site and have a look at AAE and you might get a hit.

Although ours said they tried to deliver at 7:50 am on the Thursday, which is crap because we were home, running late and wanted to make us pick it up from the depot is my guess..

This tracking is fun.

Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
June 9, 2011 09:12:00 AM Sydney AU Completed customs clearance process
June 9, 2011 08:40:00 AM Sydney AU Arrival Scan
June 7, 2011 02:03:00 PM Los Angeles Gateway CA US Departure Scan
June 7, 2011 12:51:00 AM Los Angeles Gateway CA US Arrival Scan
June 6, 2011 11:58:00 PM San Francisco Gateway CA US Departure Scan
June 6, 2011 07:47:00 PM San Francisco Gateway CA US Arrival Scan
June 6, 2011 06:48:00 PM Sparks NV US Departure Scan
June 6, 2011 03:29:00 PM Sparks NV US Arrival Scan
June 6, 2011 02:16:00 PM Sparks NV US Shipment received by carrier

we got that and had it later that same day, presumably it came by truck over the mountains overnight.

i'd say today or tomoz Bob :)

awesome hope you get it today. I hate tracking items online I think it is worse that just waiting for it to show up :)

I reckon today you aren't that far in the sticks compared to Fro.

Mine was a 1 week turn around and I live very much in the sticks and off of the high way

Daniel said:

Mine was a 1 week turn around and I live very much in the sticks and off of the high way

When do you move into your house Dan? I have a vague memory that you said a date in July but I can't be sure whether you had said it or if I had imagined it :D

Jethro said:
Daniel said:

When do you move into your house Dan? I have a vague memory that you said a date in July but I can't be sure whether you had said it or if I had imagined it :D

We had some bad news on that late last week. The owner has gone AWOL literally. No one can find him, the banks, his solicitor no-one. Everyone is chasing him.

We heard under the table that the bank is about to foreclose on him for all of his properties. We are trying to negotiate with the bank to have them uphold the contract that was in place, but it looks like we now have to kiss that dream good bye.

Worst of all the other properties we were interested in are now off the market and the property prices have gone up again.

We are looking at a few more this weekend, several in Point Vernon and some in Urangan

Move in dude, and get yourself, wife and child a really good tan.

Two words: Squatters Rights.

If you look like a native family they will never move you.

thats about right too Fro.

There are tenants in it at the moment so god knows what the go is with them. **** happens. it saves me doing 5 years of major renos I guess

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8