Got my Kindle today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Amazon service is fast, ordered Monday and it come from Allentown PA to Junee NSW within 7 days.

Looks nice too, now I wonder if I should test drive it for safety reasons.

Apologies this may already be answered in the thread but there are to many posts in here to read.... My step-Dad has a Kindle & I'm considering buying one as well. Can the "books" be transferred from my Kindle to another??

some can and some can't. If he has purchased them through amazon then unlikelybut you should check on the amazon site

if the multiple kindles are registered to the same account with amazon they can.

my wife, sisster, mother are all on my account, and can all read the ones purchased.

if they are acquired elsewhere its no issue

To resurrect an old thread, is anyone still using their original kindle? @Dan @Mark from Brisbane @lsz @bob dylan

I used mine on a daily basis from this threads original time to last week, and it has only now died.

it was touch and go last year but I managed to resurrect it and got another year or so out of it.its completely bricked.

fortunately i have kept everything acquired on my PC at home so I haven't actually lost any books.

To resurrect an old thread, is anyone still using their original kindle? @Dan @Mark from Brisbane @lsz @bob dylan

I used mine on a daily basis from this threads original time to last week, and it has only now died.

it was touch and go last year but I managed to resurrect it and got another year or so out of it.its completely bricked.

fortunately i have kept everything acquired on my PC at home so I haven't actually lost any books.
Timely!

Sadly I lost or mine was stolen a few weeks ago. I was devistated. I'm looking at getting a new paper white touch soon.

Pretty sure mine was stolen by someone coming into the house when we were selling off stuff and walking off with it, or I left it on a train when I was traveling for work and had only had 2 hours sleep.

Either way I feel broken and lost without it. I have been using iBooks on the iPad in the meantime but it's a very poor substitute for the majesty of a kindle

Amazing...mine just died and I am in the process of getting a new one

Any tips on what to get?

well from that I guess we can determine what the lifespan of a kindle generally is :)

I'll be going another kindle when I get around to it, the last week i have gone back to caveman days and have reverted to a book.

^ Page to skin ,Joan of Arc days..
I use Kobo & got about 4 years of nightly use out of it..
The new touch ones with inbuilt soft light are a nice "touch".

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4