Croker - Honest opinions need apply

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Brodie Croft is a good comparison to Croker. Aus schoolboy honours, earmarked as the next Cooper Cronk etc.
He played a couple of games last year and killed it (probably with little pressure knowing Cronk was going to step back in after injury).
This year with all the pressure on him he's been ordinary, in particular last week had a barry croker (pardon the pun).
Now he's been dropped unsurprisingly.
I don't think Croker has been as ordinary as Croft, but I guess if he doesn't step up in next game or two surely Barrett has no choice but to drop him.

Crocker offers nothing. Our backline is non existent when he touches the ball, Cherry's game is suffering. Our only spark comes from an off load or Tom. He needs to step up or give Hastings a go. It's a massive problem at the moment. Our kicking game has been ordinary and we never look like scoring 20m out.

At a guess - Hastings is being taught humility and patience.
The reason for persevering with him is because he does have some talent.
Meanwhile he has knuckled down and got fit, and has been practising defence in the middle of the ruck.
When Hastings does get a chance in the halves, Barrett wants to know for sure and certain that he'll be ready*

*merely my guess, I haven't spoken to Baz about this ;)
Has merit. Now way more game time wouldn't hurt.

Hastings will provide variety and unpredictability. Sometimes that will work against us but remember a guy called Cliffy who was the same. If Hastings could strike up an understanding with Turbo like Cliffy and Beaver then WOW.

Jackson Hastings has only once been named to start in the Manly halves.....and that was a rather interesting and ultimately very disappointing day.

Round 20, 2017.....vs St Merge at Wollongong.

With both Blake Green and Api Koroisau out injured, Baz named Hastings to play 5/8 and Cam Cullen to play hooker, and with Lewis Brown also out injured Joey Lussick was named on the bench. Then for whatever reason, right before kickoff we find that he has decided that Hastings would play hooker and Cullen at 5/8.

In the first half we looked like an absolute rabble in both attack and defence. They killed us and it was 30-0 by half time. Then at half time Baz takes Cullen off for Lussick and moves Hastings to pivot.

In the first 20 or so minutes of the second half we got it back to 30-22. We came alive and it wasn't luck that saw us score 22 unanswered points.....we actually looked a lot more organised and everyone knew what they were doing. Then Baz takes off Lussick, puts Cullen back on and Hastings was moved back to hooker.....and the final score blew out to 52-22 by the end.

Not the scoreline, but I fear something similar this weekend against the Tigpies. Even if Croker is on a HIA enforced week off and we do name Hastings at 5/8 and Api at hooker, history suggests that they'll swap positions at some point before kickoff on Sunday.

I think Baz shortfall that game was playing 13 men, we scored almost all our points when Lussick was in the bin.

I cant recall many stranger games than that

I think Brodie Croft is a good comparison to Croker. Aus schoolboy honours, earmarked as the next Cooper Cronk etc.
He played a couple of games last year and killed it (probably with little pressure knowing Cronk was going to step back in after injury).
This year with all the pressure on him he's been ordinary, in particular last week had a barry croker (pardon the pun).
Now he's been dropped unsurprisingly.
I don't think Croker has been as ordinary as Croft, but I guess if he doesn't step up in next game or two surely Barrett has no choice but to drop him.

I have been reliably informed that Croft is the benchmark and miles ahead of Croker

Whats wrong with the coach then, that he can't see a problem with Croker ? Why is he persisting with him when some see him as a problem in 6. Im a fan of giving Hastings a go but Barrett must have his reasons for this .

IMO Croker is on a hiding to nothing. The way I see it is that Barrett is using J Turbo as a 5/8th and Croker is unsure when to take the reins. It's time Barrett should say to him "play your natural game as show us what you've got" rather than let him be pushed away from control.

honestly, i think everyone had huge hopes for croker. At the end of the day, the result of having a player who had played 1 game of nrl prior to this season as one of our starting playmakers was a flawed plan. Croker will take time, and it might not pay off... but we don't have much choice but to stick with him.

I think barrett sees some sort of foran-esque, tough as nails playmaker in croker... hence why he will and has pursued with him. He is tough, and has some good defense as well as glimpses of ball playing, this i can see, but at the moment im not convinced hes the player to get us to a premiership. I'm not team croker, nor am i anti-croker, but i think its a given that theres one of two options:
1) hope to god that he somehow 'comes good' and ends up being a brilliant player
2) buy a new player mid season or 2019... we should go hard on nikorima or jacks...

someone said earlier "well cherry evans was untried in 2011 and that went well"... cherry is a phenomenal player and always has been... not to mention that he was surrounded by a premiership winning side with players like stewart x2, watmough, lyon, matai etc.
give the bloke till round 10 at least, by then i'm sure a decision will be made for the best.

honestly, i think everyone had huge hopes for croker. At the end of the day, the result of having a player who had played 1 game of nrl prior to this season as one of our starting playmakers was a flawed plan. Croker will take time, and it might not pay off... but we don't have much choice but to stick with him.

I think barrett sees some sort of foran-esque, tough as nails playmaker in croker... hence why he will and has pursued with him. He is tough, and has some good defense as well as glimpses of ball playing, this i can see, but at the moment im not convinced hes the player to get us to a premiership. I'm not team croker, nor am i anti-croker, but i think its a given that theres one of two options:
1) hope to god that he somehow 'comes good' and ends up being a brilliant player
2) buy a new player mid season or 2019... we should go hard on nikorima or jacks...

someone said earlier "well cherry evans was untried in 2011 and that went well"... cherry is a phenomenal player and always has been... not to mention that he was surrounded by a premiership winning side with players like stewart x2, watmough, lyon, matai etc.
give the bloke till round 10 at least, by then i'm sure a decision will be made for the best.

Let's talk about the real turning point. The no replacement. Blake Green.
Unless I'm BLIND, I can't see a replacement.
So what was the decision? Can someone answer me that? Someone?
X Break while discussion with Interviewers.
Oh come onnn....Come ONNNNN....That's ridiculous. It's Ridicuuuloooous.
There gotta be an investigation into this! Someone's gotta be accountable for this !
And they've gotta be accountable for the playing roster ! 27 players, The owners & management have to even it up !
I mean, aren't we supposed to have the best management for our game?
Are they the best owners and management we've got?
27 players on our roster !!
Even still, we've managed 2 wins from 5 games this season !
But the Owners of this team don't see it. What do they need, high definition TV, bigger ones !
So if we have a weak roster, management are obviously blind to it.

PS: Thanks Tooves for the inspiration. I may have plagiarized that whole thing with a few word changes. EDIT: Watch the interview and read my commentary as it goes - it's actually pretty funny.

I think it's great that Barrett has a long term vision for Croker, but the fact remains we are losing too many games, and something needs to happen in the next few games, or we will struggle to keep in touch with the pack. Instead of training Croker in 1st grade, train him in the Reggies, and when he shows some good form, bring him back. At the moment, Hastings is showing awesome form, can kick in general play, score tries, and kick goals... What is Barrett thinking? If we miss the 8, his head will roll...

Croker is too slow for 5/8. Kelly,T.Wright or even Hastings a better option, I recall Api got man of the match in one game in 2016 playing 5/8.

Let's talk about the real turning point. The no replacement. Blake Green.
Unless I'm BLIND, I can't see a replacement.
So what was the decision? Can someone answer me that? Someone?
X Break while discussion with Interviewers.
Oh come onnn....Come ONNNNN....That's ridiculous. It's Ridicuuuloooous.
There gotta be an investigation into this! Someone's gotta be accountable for this !
And they've gotta be accountable for the playing roster ! 27 players, The owners & management have to even it up !
I mean, aren't we supposed to have the best management for our game?
Are they the best owners and management we've got?
27 players on our roster !!
Even still, we've managed 2 wins from 5 games this season !
But the Owners of this team don't see it. What do they need, high definition TV, bigger ones !
So if we have a weak roster, management are obviously blind to it.

PS: Thanks Tooves for the inspiration. I may have plagiarized that whole thing with a few word changes. EDIT: Watch the interview and read my commentary as it goes - it's actually pretty funny.
I actually think our squad has plenty of depth in the forwards, and not as much in the backs, although there is potential in Tom Wright and hopefully Suli and Fanu, Anderson (development contract I know). You want to see a squad without depth, take a peek at Cronulla... Fifita and Gallen gone.....and, not much else. As far as Green goes, it’s the same situation as Moses and the Tigers. He did not want to be here, and behaved like a c0ck. To have a member of the spine, kicking stones and wanting out, would have probably been much worse than Croker.

Chances of winning the premiership this year will be long odds if we keep Crocker at 5/8. Will have a good game every 3rd or 4th game but that doesn’t deliver us the consistency we need to build momentum. Has talent but no now for 2018. Baz , we are have a top ng squad and I see 2006 written all over this team and premiership window around the corner! You need to use Hastings now at 7 or 6. Chez at 6 we lose nothing. Be bold make the call. Picture Kelly, walks, turbos, api in another 2 years!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8