Contact Warringah Council Directly [Link Inside]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win the battle of the Brookie fees?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Warringah Council

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • FOLLOW LINK on 1st page of THIS THREAD to TELL COUNCIL YOUR VIEW!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
And you base this assertion on...? Please list the protest rallies that have won victories against local councils.
if its on their door step they can hardly ignore it can they? End of the day they are politicians and they understand that if the people are upset they are liable to throw them out of office come next council elections.

Michael Reagan is not a bad bloke and goes regularly to games at brookie which makes me think that this is all part of the NRL's and Penns bigger plan to move us from Brookie
He's a wanker

I doubt very much that he will still be there at the end of March.
Here's hoping Jethro, we haven't had anyone good since Brennan. George would be ideal but I don't think he's interested.
Sorry going a bit off topic there, feel free to delete.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the FC position on this is? Do they insist we must play the 10 games out of Brookie, irrespective of costs decided on by Warringah Council? Or is there some line in the sand (cost-wise) for them?

How about one of us put in an application to Council to hire the ground on a day when we know Manly is drawn to play there. If they say it's booked then we know this story is a beat up, if they say it's available then we ask how much?

What makes you think things will improve under a new greater Manly council? There is no evidence to suggest they will be any better. You will still get former Warringah councillors finding their way onto the new council (if it comes to pass), representing the same one-note minority interests (read Nimby and not necessarily amenable to the MWSE at Brookvale etc), that occurs now.

Throw in councillors representing that noted hotbed of Sea Eagles' support, aka the rump of Mosman municipality, and you may have an even more fraught situation than we have now.
Whilst this may be somewhat true the warringah council is just a disgusting bue
Maybe we can apply some political pressure Jethro, I hear Gerrard and the CEO are more than just good friends. The new sports arena should be just the ticket.

It would be a worthy reason for Gerard to raise rates again so he would fight behind it.

Here's hoping Jethro, we haven't had anyone good since Brennan. George would be ideal but I don't think he's interested.
Sorry going a bit off topic there, feel free to delete.
You could vote in my mate Reds (Geoff redpath, but he is part of the Gerard and what's his face from the surf club group) I have faith in reds but I don't have faith in the Fraser coast anymore I'm glad I sold my house even if I did lose dollars on it

May I suggest Friday 4th March, say around 7.30pm to give those with jobs a chance to get there. I'm in.
Any Friday night or Sunday arvo will do thanks to Greenturd and his rigged draw. Nothing else happening at Brookie at those times.

There is a lot of misinformation being spread, and I'm confused.
If, as the club says, it is prepared to pay for and undertake the upkeep of the Oval, then the Council's claim that it costs $600,000 in maintenance is irrelevant. Why wouldn't Council agree to this (thus, saving $600,000 per year) in return for accepting a lower rental fee?
In the Manly daily today the annual costs of maintaining Brookie were quoted as $1m a year. Another $400k.

The truth seems to be getting lost these days in this arguement.

There's some interesting reading on the council website.
It states the below;
G: Revenue Derived from Brookvale Oval Usage - Council recommends that the hirer should receive all income derived from their usage, including ticket sales (general admission, corporate tickets and memberships), television rights, signage revenue and food and beverage revenue.

I was of the understanding that signage and catering contracts went to the council previously. Can anyone advise if this is a new benefit to the club or just as it's always been?
Does this mean that selling naming rights is in the hands of MWSE?

It then goes on to say;
In addition please note: The grounds may not be available at NRL standards. and the grounds will not be available if hire fees or outstanding fees are not paid.

Does that then give a guarantee that grounds will be available at NRL standard if the fees are paid? If so, surely that means the club could claim a refund should the surface not be up to scratch, which is a major contributor to the recent problems. Especially given that earlier on the page it explains that the high rates are for NRL/National competitions due to the extra costs involved in getting it to their standards.

My Post on the council feedback form for brookvale oval page hiring costs.

Jerry

Suburb

Collaroy Plateau

Submission Comments

Why would the NRL be separated out from any other organisation in relation to charges. The Sea Eagles already pay several times the going rate that other clubs pay for similar sized venues. Quite frankly it's discriminatory. The ground has been neglected by the Council & facilities are sub standard. The playing surface has been a cause for embarrassment with matches having to be moved. It seems the council has it's own agenda which is not compatible with the majority of rate payers in our area.

open.php

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8