Contact Warringah Council Directly [Link Inside]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win the battle of the Brookie fees?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Warringah Council

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • FOLLOW LINK on 1st page of THIS THREAD to TELL COUNCIL YOUR VIEW!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Ok, I'm seriously contemplating hiring the ground personally for $788. What I do with it then, is my business surely. I'll just gift it to "a team" for use that Sunday afternoon ;)

Thought's?

Ok, I'm seriously contemplating hiring the ground personally for $788. What I do with it then, is my business surely. I'll just gift it to "a team" for use that Sunday afternoon ;)

Thought's?
I think after 2 or 3 NRL matches played on your hiring day someone at Council might catch on to the ruse... @;)

I think after 2 or 3 seasons of NRL matches played on your hiring day someone at Council might catch on to the ruse... @;)

Fixed that for ya... Councils are well known to be absolutely glacial when it comes to getting things done. Having said that, where there's money there's graft and there's usually a councilor with his or her mitts out wanting a slice..

Thought's?
Do it Ryan

I have been away from the board for a while, but am confused by this while scenario. Having read some of the reports around the situation it would appear that the council are demanding the increase due to the costs involved in managing the ground presumably on game day and the lead up to game day. As such surely the situation can be resolved through the publication of the financials involved in running the ground during the season and specifically for game days. Is this too simply or am I missing something?

Who covers the public liability insurance ? The hirer or hiree ?? I would imagine that a one off hire fee of around $1000.00 for an event likely to attract 20,000 people would have a few disclaimers.

Geez...I just read the drivel I wrote to the council at 11pm on Friday night after 20 drinks...sorry guys, I don't think I helped the cause much at all! I blame the club for sending their "save Brooky" email so late on a Friday...

My 2 cents
I think the hiring fee is exorbitant, and I disagree with the council policies which seem to be aimed at moving the sea eagles elsewhere. The offer by manly sea eagles to maintain the ground for the council and pay a seemingly fair amount for use of the ground looks fair.

I am a former long term resident of warringah, and regularly use brookvale businesses. I travel to sea eagles games at brookvale and spend money at the pub or club, McDonald's etc. My being there in the area for game day has led to me purchasing cars from brookvale dealers, a kitchen, outdoor furniture and other major purchases. I believe if the sea eagles weren't at brookvale many of the local businesses would suffer, as why would a non local go there for any other reason?

I hope that the council can see the long term economic and social benefit of keeping the sea eagles at brookvale.

Does everyone really believe they are being told the whole story from the club? It's all smoke and mirrors. Kelly and Bare will soon be exposed. I love Brookvale Oval but it's not in the clubs game plan. Don't let all those stories fool you. $$ wise makes sense (cents!) to move. The fallout will be losing lots of loyal fans but they have long term plans in place and the reality is they will pick up new fans and the club will go on, leaving anyone that doesn't want to stay on board behind. That is a sad reality. Kelly's comment 'when he first entered the doors 'want to turn the club into world class standard' means just that. All the stuff they are saying in the papers is a PR coverup so they come out looking good - they will move from Brookvale in a heartbeat.
Spot on
I know from a contact at the SCG that the NRL is already planning with the cricket ground trust to have us play most of our future games out of the new moore park stadium with maybe 3 games played at brookie each year

These games wll be known as back to brookie games and will involve teams like storm etc.

Well well well ... the Football Club is on the same page as the Sea Eagles on this one! Now I really am confused!

The Mayor says the Sea Eagles want an excuse to leave Brookie .. see Message from Warringah Mayor

The Sea Eagles and the Football Club say the council want the Sea Eagles out of Brookie...

This members email (below) a few days ago.

You may have seen in the media over the last few days the campaign to ‘FIGHT FOR FORTRESS BROOKIE’.
The Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club board urges you to get behind this cause.
No one wants to see the Sea Eagles playing elsewhere but we all want to see a fair rate for the use of Brookvale Oval, our home for 70 years.
Don’t be complacent and leave it for someone else to do, click on this link as soon as you get this email - http://bit.ly/1TZ9So8 and Complete Warringah Council’s online submission to pledge your support.
Encourage your family and friends to do the same, even if they follow another team!
Below is the Sea Eagles campaign for your information. Together we can make a difference…
FIGHT FOR FORTRESS BROOKIE
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today launched one of their most important public campaigns in their proud history – the ‘FIGHT FOR FORTRESS BROOKIE’.
And we need your help in the fight against Warringah Council and their outrageous hiring fees for the Club’s spiritual home of Brookvale Oval.
The Sea Eagles are calling on our passionate Members and supporters, sponsors, local businesses, community groups, residents and general sports fans to contact Warringah Council in protest.
HOW TO FIGHT FOR FORTRESS BROOKIE
Complete Warringah Council’s online submission and pledge your support for the Sea Eagles proposal.
ONLINE Have your say – support your Sea Eagles
Click here http://bit.ly/1TZ9So8

Submissions close 4 February 2016 at 5pm.
Sea Eagles Captain Jamie Lyon says the battle over Brookvale Oval with Warringah Council is one the Club must win.
“I’ve been privileged to see the positive effects the Sea Eagles have had on the local community, both in terms of playing and what the Club means to people,’’ Lyon said.
“I am very surprised that Warringah Council is not supporting the Sea Eagles. Most other local Councils would jump at the opportunity to have an NRL team in their backyard, especially one as successful and well known as the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
“We need everyone’s support on this campaign. We need everyone to take 5 minutes to have their say with Warringah Council. Together, we can make a difference.”
Here are some key facts you should know:
· Warringah Council has demanded that the Sea Eagles commit to a one year agreement under the same terms as last season, terms that were already deemed exorbitant by the Club.
· Council recently drafted a casual hiring arrangement that would come into effect if the Sea Eagles refuse to agree to the aforementioned one year agreement. This would balloon the Brookvale Oval hire fee to between $50,000 and $60,000 per game. This applies to NRL teams only and it’s evident that it was specifically written for Manly, with CEO Joe Kelly deeming it discriminatory to the Sea Eagles and rugby league.
· Other professional sporting teams are charged less than $1,000 to hire the same venue.
· It should be noted that there is no current dispute over payment of monies owed for the 2015 season. Council and the Sea Eagles have reached an agreement over payment terms.
· The Sea Eagles had put forward an alternative proposal to Council that is significantly beyond current rates paid by other NRL teams for superior suburban grounds. The Club offered to take on the management and cost of the Brookvale Oval playing surface and surrounding grass hills for 365 days per year, as well as all match day specific utilities and waste removal. Council immediately rejected the proposal and have shown no appetite for negotiation.
· Council had refused to discuss terms for the 2016 season despite Manly’s requests going back as early as May 2015. Council tabled terms on 4 January, eight weeks prior to the kick off of the 2016 season, effectively holding a gun to the Sea Eagles’ head.
· It’s become evident that Warringah Council want the Sea Eagles out of Brookvale Oval, but the Club refuse to walk away. Warringah Council have attempted to force the Club into a process where there is no ability to negotiate.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Well well well ... the Football Club is on the same page as the Sea Eagles on this one! Now I really am confused!

The Mayor says the Sea Eagles want an excuse to leave Brookie .. see Message from Warringah Mayor

The Sea Eagles and the Football Club say the council want the Sea Eagles out of Brookie...

This members email (below) a few days ago.

You may have seen in the media over the last few days the campaign to ‘FIGHT FOR FORTRESS BROOKIE’.
The Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club board urges you to get behind this cause.
No one wants to see the Sea Eagles playing elsewhere but we all want to see a fair rate for the use of Brookvale Oval, our home for 70 years.
Don’t be complacent and leave it for someone else to do, click on this link as soon as you get this email - http://bit.ly/1TZ9So8 and Complete Warringah Council’s online submission to pledge your support.
Encourage your family and friends to do the same, even if they follow another team!
Below is the Sea Eagles campaign for your information. Together we can make a difference…
FIGHT FOR FORTRESS BROOKIE
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today launched one of their most important public campaigns in their proud history – the ‘FIGHT FOR FORTRESS BROOKIE’.
And we need your help in the fight against Warringah Council and their outrageous hiring fees for the Club’s spiritual home of Brookvale Oval.
The Sea Eagles are calling on our passionate Members and supporters, sponsors, local businesses, community groups, residents and general sports fans to contact Warringah Council in protest.
HOW TO FIGHT FOR FORTRESS BROOKIE
Complete Warringah Council’s online submission and pledge your support for the Sea Eagles proposal.
ONLINE Have your say – support your Sea Eagles
Click here http://bit.ly/1TZ9So8

Submissions close 4 February 2016 at 5pm.
Sea Eagles Captain Jamie Lyon says the battle over Brookvale Oval with Warringah Council is one the Club must win.
“I’ve been privileged to see the positive effects the Sea Eagles have had on the local community, both in terms of playing and what the Club means to people,’’ Lyon said.
“I am very surprised that Warringah Council is not supporting the Sea Eagles. Most other local Councils would jump at the opportunity to have an NRL team in their backyard, especially one as successful and well known as the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
“We need everyone’s support on this campaign. We need everyone to take 5 minutes to have their say with Warringah Council. Together, we can make a difference.”
Here are some key facts you should know:
· Warringah Council has demanded that the Sea Eagles commit to a one year agreement under the same terms as last season, terms that were already deemed exorbitant by the Club.
· Council recently drafted a casual hiring arrangement that would come into effect if the Sea Eagles refuse to agree to the aforementioned one year agreement. This would balloon the Brookvale Oval hire fee to between $50,000 and $60,000 per game. This applies to NRL teams only and it’s evident that it was specifically written for Manly, with CEO Joe Kelly deeming it discriminatory to the Sea Eagles and rugby league.
· Other professional sporting teams are charged less than $1,000 to hire the same venue.
· It should be noted that there is no current dispute over payment of monies owed for the 2015 season. Council and the Sea Eagles have reached an agreement over payment terms.
· The Sea Eagles had put forward an alternative proposal to Council that is significantly beyond current rates paid by other NRL teams for superior suburban grounds. The Club offered to take on the management and cost of the Brookvale Oval playing surface and surrounding grass hills for 365 days per year, as well as all match day specific utilities and waste removal. Council immediately rejected the proposal and have shown no appetite for negotiation.
· Council had refused to discuss terms for the 2016 season despite Manly’s requests going back as early as May 2015. Council tabled terms on 4 January, eight weeks prior to the kick off of the 2016 season, effectively holding a gun to the Sea Eagles’ head.
· It’s become evident that Warringah Council want the Sea Eagles out of Brookvale Oval, but the Club refuse to walk away. Warringah Council have attempted to force the Club into a process where there is no ability to negotiate.
Fantastic response from the FC.

Stronger together in substance, not just words.

The Penns at it again.. Out to blame everyone but themselves. Greedy.. Just want us to go to Gosford yet they will blame the council.

Geez...I just read the drivel I wrote to the council at 11pm on Friday night after 20 drinks...sorry guys, I don't think I helped the cause much at all! I blame the club for sending their "save Brooky" email so late on a Friday...

hahahahaha ! Gold. Post it up mate, I want a read. At least PM me or something.

hahahahaha ! Gold. Post it up mate, I want a read. At least PM me or something.
Think I had the beer muscles going...

"You guys seriously need a a look at yourselves. Keep Brooky for ZManly. How Cn it be that we pay more than three times what Eels and Tigers and people do?

We elect the council and every time we get told there’s money coming from here and there for upgrading our oval, and it never ****ing happens.

Why don’t you just go and put some more arking meters on the beaches and do a bit more revenue raising for ****’s sake?

The popele are not happy, watch yourselves."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4