Contact Warringah Council Directly [Link Inside]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win the battle of the Brookie fees?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Warringah Council

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • FOLLOW LINK on 1st page of THIS THREAD to TELL COUNCIL YOUR VIEW!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Would people still support Manly if we became the Central Coast Sea Eagles, played 2 back to Brookvale games per year as a gimmick (calling them back to base games or something like that) and one to two home games in a regional / or NZ zone per year?

Thought's?
I'd still support them but wouldn't got to many games ..... huge shame if that happened.

Would people still support Manly if we became the Central Coast Sea Eagles, played 2 back to Brookvale games per year as a gimmick (calling them back to base games or something like that) and one to two home games in a regional / or NZ zone per year?

Thought's?

No.

If they moved to Allianz I'd still support them and go to fewer games. Maybe over time I'd accept it.
If they moved to Gosford, I'd stop supporting them altogether. It's an insult. The club would be dead to me. We are the only team north of the harbour. Why should we be the team that has to relocate to Blacktown by the sea? Let someone from the overcrowded south side make some room. It stinks of the Beagles, which I never supported and actively cheered against.

I'm on the club's side in this stoush. However, I think it will have to comply with Council's demands for this season having already sold 9,000 memberships for 2016 on the basis that 10 matches would be played at Brookie.

I'm on the club's side in this stoush. However, I think it will have to comply with Council's demands for this season having already sold 9,000 memberships for 2016 on the basis that 10 matches would be played at Brookie.

Read the fine print

* This Membership includes 10 home games at Brookvale Oval for season 2016, subject to agreeing licence terms with Warringah Council

*venue to be advised.

Did they not put this on the renewls?

Warringah Council no longer exists (well its still breathing but the last rites have been read).

Brookvale Oval will now either be run by either Greater Pittwater or Greater Manly

Greater Pittwater will take northern parts of Warringah. Greater Manly council will include the remainder of Warringah plus Mosman Council.

Michael Regan mayor for Warringah is born and bred Greysteynes. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like dirty, slippery, loser Eels territory.
Maybe he is an Eels fan that had devised this plan years ago to infiltrate our home and slowly destroy it. I wouldn't put it past one of their fans as they are desperate for any type of success, being the losers they are.
Maybe we should all march down to the council chambers after a game (and a few cans) and confront the council about why they would want to do this to their own community.
Greysteynes - is that like North or South Stane?

Warringah Council no longer exists (well its still breathing but the last rites have been read).

Brookvale Oval will now either be run by either Greater Pittwater or Greater Manly

Greater Pittwater will take northern parts of Warringah. Greater Manly council will include the remainder of Warringah plus Mosman Council.
Don't be so sure. There is a lot of disquiet apparent in the reactions to this. Just read the letters pages in the MD. the proposed changes re: Warringah go against the recommendations to the NSW Government. I notice the bastards are holding consultation sessions, on the greater Manly and the greater Pittwater mergers, at exactly the same time in different locations on 2 Feb. Presumably to mute the protests of Warringah residents to the planned demise of the current LGA.

No.

If they moved to Allianz I'd still support them and go to fewer games. Maybe over time I'd accept it.
If they moved to Gosford, I'd stop supporting them altogether. It's an insult. The club would be dead to me. We are the only team north of the harbour. Why should we be the team that has to relocate to Blacktown by the sea? Let someone from the overcrowded south side make some room. It stinks of the Beagles, which I never supported and actively cheered against.

Unfortunately mate, I think your going to be disappointed in the coming years.

It was clearly stated in the membership packs that i bought that playing out of Brookvale was subject to council issues,etc.

Also, it should be of no suprise to anyone that this is being brought to a head.

Penns dont like losing money. The fans have spoken....and we simply dont get enough through the gate to make playing out of Brookie financially viable with the current council costs.

Council dont like the Sea Eagles and dont want us playing there. They have made it difficult for generations to upgrade the stadium, not keeping the playing surface to a standard.

Allianz and Gosford here we come, unfortunately.

I can see a 2 or 3 game casual hire at Brooky every year though.

Warringah Council-seriously! pull your head out of your collective asses
You have an NRL team with a huge tradition of winning culture to market and support...and make your constituents happy! ie you will be making a POPULAR decision
What bloody tossers

Doing nothing is not progress. The field was crap in 2015. Council are providing a **** product simple. Something has to change. They either have to take responsibility and accept they have to provide an NRL standard product and be liable to pay the club damages if it is not. Or they reduce rent etc. It seems the council don't want to have to look after the lawn but don't want to loose the income either lol.

The club statement claims they paid 375 k last year to hire brooky and the council was responsible for the maintaining the field, the council rejected the clubs proposal that the club only pay 220 k rent but the club has the cost of providing and maintaining for thr lawn in 2016.

If the field really costs 600k a year would a council jump at the offer, or is manly council the only one in the world who is more concerned the customer won't go broke.

Penn's are winning the PR battle as per usual. But they may well have a proper point this time around.

So just an idea atm but what do people think of all Manly fans getting down to Brookvale oval and protesting for our great club to keep playing at Brookvale oval?
Let's show the council what we think about how they have treated our great club!

What's people thoughts?

Unlike a lot of other clubs, Brookie is a genuine fortress where we are super hard to beat and that is why staying put is so crucial. If push really did come shove I would prefer we play out of Moore Park as Manly as opposed to moving up to Gosford and changing our name. The Manly name, colours and logo must always remain for me to support. I am not cheering on some corporate bull**** NRL franchise.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4