Contact Warringah Council Directly [Link Inside]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win the battle of the Brookie fees?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Warringah Council

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • FOLLOW LINK on 1st page of THIS THREAD to TELL COUNCIL YOUR VIEW!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
What do we currently get for the 50k?
Do they do 100% of the ground maintenance all year long and all the prep work for a game? i.e line marking, goal and corner posts etc and deal with all the rubbish afterwards?
Or are we paying for that seperate?

Can anyone clarify whether they have to play at Brookvale this year given membership has already been sold? My understanding is if the stalemate continues and last years rent remains unpaid and they are unable to come to an arrangement then council won't be allowing Manly to play out of Brookvale in 2016.
That statement claims last years outstanding debt has been cleared and is no longer an issue.

It's all about 2016 now.

Can anyone clarify whether they have to play at Brookvale this year given membership has already been sold? My understanding is if the stalemate continues and last years rent remains unpaid and they are unable to come to an arrangement then council won't be allowing Manly to play out of Brookvale in 2016.

I'd like to know too.

I'm not a local so it wouldn't worry me going to Allianz, in fact it's closer.

I doubt most of the locals would accept a move though. I'd imagine a lot would want their money back.

This is astonishing, whoever could have predicted such a development?
Yes, I know, I know...
The optimist in me hopes by forcing the issue we might end up with a proper boutique stadium at Brookie, albeit after a couple of seasons of homelessness.

Michael Regan mayor for Warringah is born and bred Greysteynes. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like dirty, slippery, loser Eels territory.
Maybe he is an Eels fan that had devised this plan years ago to infiltrate our home and slowly destroy it. I wouldn't put it past one of their fans as they are desperate for any type of success, being the losers they are.
Maybe we should all march down to the council chambers after a game (and a few cans) and confront the council about why they would want to do this to their own community.

If anyone would like to email the good mayor you can do so at this address.
[email protected]
I just asked him why the MWSE have to pay so much money to rent the ground and also why they took away the giant slide from last years Brookvale show. It was my favourite ride.

Club Statement on Brookvale Oval
· The Sea Eagles had put forward an alternative proposal to Council that is significantly beyond current rates paid by other NRL teams for superior suburban grounds. The Club offered to take on the management and cost of the Brookvale Oval playing surface and surrounding grass hills for 365 days per year, as well as all match specific expenses such as utilities and waste. Council immediately rejected the proposal and have shown no appetite for negotiation.

·

Maybe the sticking point is what happens in a leap year?????

More seriously, I wonder what controls the Penns would get if the council agreed to the mgt and cost of brookie being turned over to them? Would access be restricted? Would the cost of other organisations wanting to rent the grounds sky rocket? Would Manly even be allow to do this as the grounds were gifted to the community and not one private enterprise?
Did Manly mgt know this but threw the offer in anyway for good propaganda I mean publicity?

If anyone would like to email the good mayor you can do so at this address.
[email protected]
I just asked him why the MWSE have to pay so much money to rent the ground and also why they took away the giant slide from last years Brookvale show. It was my favourite ride.
The big slide was out the back. Was pretty good.

Would people still support Manly if we became the Central Coast Sea Eagles, played 2 back to Brookvale games per year as a gimmick (calling them back to base games or something like that) and one to two home games in a regional / or NZ zone per year?

Thought's?

Would people still support Manly if we became the Central Coast Sea Eagles, played 2 back to Brookvale games per year as a gimmick (calling them back to base games or something like that) and one to two home games in a regional / or NZ zone per year?

Thought's?
Since that's a little further up the coast a name change would probably be in order. "Central Coast" is already in use by a particular bears team.

"Northern Eagles" maybe

Thoughts?

Do we really think they want to move though? I don't buy that. I think they maybe want to see what they can get out of Pittwater but at least short term (i.e. 1-3 years) they want to stay.

I think it's very hard to see anything in that statement other than the council are being ****wits. Of course that is one side of the story but it's a very convincing one...

Thought's?

I would still support them, but go to alot fewer games.

I am holding off buying my membership for the time being until there is a clearer indication of where we will play (or it is closer to the start of the season), as I have no interest in going to Moore Park, or worse Gosford, 10 times this year.

Do we really think they want to move though?
Absolutely. They would get a better deal at a larger stadium irrespective of crowd numbers. The only way they can take the FC out of the equation is to force the issue with the council. Smart move by the Penns. I'd prefer to call it a c***t move.

There will be a mini-series about this in the future.

Michael Regan mayor for Warringah is born and bred Greysteynes. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like dirty, slippery, loser Eels territory.
Maybe he is an Eels fan that had devised this plan years ago to infiltrate our home and slowly destroy it. I wouldn't put it past one of their fans as they are desperate for any type of success, being the losers they are.
Maybe we should all march down to the council chambers after a game (and a few cans) and confront the council about why they would want to do this to their own community.

Your wrong. It may be Eels territory but its far from dirty and slippery. But for some elitists it may seem that way to them

Your wrong. It may be Eels territory but its far from dirty and slippery. But for some elitists it may seem that way to them
I don't think the people or the area are dirty and slippery. Just those damn eels fans. Eagles fans make any area beautiful with Maroon and White.
I still don't trust that Mayor though.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8