Contact Warringah Council Directly [Link Inside]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win the battle of the Brookie fees?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Warringah Council

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • FOLLOW LINK on 1st page of THIS THREAD to TELL COUNCIL YOUR VIEW!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
It doesn't make any sense that Penn would look to pay on a per game basis unless he wants flexibility to play less than 10 games there. His investment will be worth more on exit if he can get the ground expenses under control.

The upshot is that Council doesn't want us there and neither do our owners. They are both trying to get us out and blame each other.

The preference share is proving to be a fairly strong opposition to this so far, but you have to wonder if it is enough to overcome the forces who are against us staying at Brookie in the long run.

Everyone knows I try stay clear of the politics these days, but I just can't shake that I feel all this pissing in the wind, is just smoke and mirrors so we end up leaving Brooky, and that would be devastating.

Incorrect
The Franchise' financial viability is paramount to all shareholders.
The FC Members would vote to relocate more home games on a temporary basis.

The big hurdle is the Councils Merger crap by Baird. Every councillor wants to keep their cushy jobs, so they are lobbying for that and not Community services :mad:

I still don't get why we can't use the 10 million grant to help maintain the Brookie surface to NRL standards. Whack on a covered scoreboard end seating stand and everyone's a winner @:rolleyes:

So why in previous years when the club lost money did we not move extra games or game away. The franchise financial viability. How is this determined and who decides how much of a loss is ok and how much isnt

I feel all this pissing in the wind, is just smoke and mirrors

A mixed metaphor is probably quite apt for the current juncture, in light of the fact they are threatening a shut-out which we will defend like it is the Alamo.

So, are we trying to keep them out, or are we trying to get back in, or… oh doesn't matter, Ryan's probably right!

So why in previous years when the club lost money did we not move extra games or game away. The franchise financial viability. How is this determined and who decides how much of a loss is ok and how much isnt
These are matters that would be tabled and voted on by the relevant parties for the short term. The Franchise constitution has to be amended if a permanent relocation was required @:cool:

The operating loss is different to Manly being potentially locked out by the Council and forfeiting games due to FC Members mindlessly holding the Franchise to the preference share terms.

All shareholders want to cheer the Team on, preferably at Brookie, but somewhere each week till Brookie is viable :)

Hope Santa delivers for the Manly locals :inlove:

Everyone knows I try stay clear of the politics these days, but I just can't shake that I feel all this pissing in the wind, is just smoke and mirrors so we end up leaving Brooky, and that would be devastating.

Funny, I've been saying this is the " end game" for Penn & Co for years, and have been shot down many many times for that opinion .

I'm pleased more people are seeing this now.

If Mr Fluffy can get us kicked out of Brooky, then what does the Football Club then have, colours and name, neither would be changed by the franchise anyway.

I'll give them this, they know the business world, and how to get to a point even if it's via a back door.

So just say the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles never play again somewhere in the Manly Warringah area, are they still the "Manly Warringah" Sea Eagles?
Might as well change our name then like Easts did and become the Sydney Sea Eagles. Probably would help our club's survival in a future reduced team city, but sad day just the same if that happened. And especially so for people with lisps.

They'd still be the Manly Sea Eagles, but playing out of the SFS or ANZ, just as many other clubs now do, The Bunnies are still South Sydney, but play out of western Sydney.

They'd still be the Manly Sea Eagles, but playing out of the SFS or ANZ, just as many other clubs now do, The Bunnies are still South Sydney, but play out of western Sydney.
Why don't you worry about that if they try to do it. Right now it all just sounds like Chicken Little............the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!!

Why don't you worry about that if they try to do it. Right now it all just sounds like Chicken Little............the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!!

Not at all Ralphie, I'm simply stating that it would not surprise me if this disagreement about Brookvale isn't all part of the plan, if that sounds like chicken little to you then you'd better avoid KFC tonight!!

Not at all Ralphie, I'm simply stating that it would not surprise me if this disagreement about Brookvale isn't all part of the plan, if that sounds like chicken little to you then you'd better avoid KFC tonight!!
By your own admission Mark you have been carrying on about this for years. All I'm saying is save yourself the heartache & think about it if there is ever a proposal to leave Brookie, because where I live KFC is not available.

By your own admission Mark you have been carrying on about this for years. All I'm saying is save yourself the heartache & think about it if there is ever a proposal to leave Brookie, because where I live KFC is not available.

No heartache for me mate, I live in Brissie ( plenty of KFC here, not that I eat that crap anyway) and only get to Brooky maybe once a year, whilst I'd miss it the SFS probably suits me better anyway ( less taxi fares).

Anyway let's see where this end up, it's either a play to pay much less, a protest at the lack of action on the venue or it could be something more sinister, I guess time will tell.

No heartache for me mate, I live in Brissie ( plenty of KFC here, not that I eat that crap anyway) and only get to Brooky maybe once a year, whilst I'd miss it the SFS probably suits me better anyway ( less taxi fares).

Anyway let's see where this end up, it's either a play to pay much less, a protest at the lack of action on the venue or it could be something more sinister, I guess time will tell.
I can only imagine how horrid it must be to live in Qld. All that humidity, cyclones, crocs, stingers & worst of all Qlders!!!!!!;)

Warringah Council have been deeply dysfunctional for as long as memory serves. Getting rid of them can only increase our chances of surviving at Brookie. Good to hear the club talk positively of a Brookie future.

There are bigger issues at stake here than just what happens re: Brookvale Oval. In the overall scheme of things, that is a piddling issue.

Just a pity that someone living at Cromer in the new greater Pittwater, might have to pay to park at DYB, one of their local beaches, in the new greater Manly. All sorts of scenarios like that are being thrown up by this stupid decision. Once again the Northern Beaches is being dudded by a f-ckwit NP minister and a disinterested (other than in his own political hide) premier. It was Gerry Peacocke in 1991, when he allowed Warringah's A Riding to have a plebiscite on becoming a separate council, with a loose proviso of 'abou 50% in favour' being considered sufficient for a new council to form. And that's what they got, about 50%, not even a clear majority.

The other two should be merged into Warringah, just ask Graham Sansom.

And it's not as if Manly Council are a bastion of fiscal and functional rectitude.

Of course Kelly will come out and say nice things about Hay. She is the sister of Lizarko after all. Hay is getting on in years (I'm sure her 70th birthday was some years ago) and her views about the Sea Eagles might not be held by a majority of councillors on the new greater Manly council. In fact they might be in a distinct minority, especially when representatives from the rump of Mosman are thrown in.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4