Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if the tackle on McKinnon was some sort of revenge for this tackle from the previous year. Pretty piss poor if it is. Also, why didn't Alex seem concerned for Jordan Mclean's welfare after this tackle which broke Mclean's jaw?

Something that's been glossed over and forgotten by everyone who has banded together to help him

I think enough time has passed for us to be honest on the career of Alex.....he was a solid bench player at club level, he may have became a solid starter eventually but he was no adult superstar and never was going to be

I mean i was a future immortal until i did my ACL at 25 while playing for the lower mountains Eagles

I mean call me a cynical asshole but come on it's time to be honest

He really irritated me with the 'oh the nrl has been great but I'm going to have to sue them'

If so how great have they been and if not why lie? This is all about book sales and i think Smith was used as a draw in to get people watching, he's the perfect patsy because he's an asshole

There is no where to run or no where to hide for Captain Drizzle, I remember him talking to referee while that boy was stricken and I could not believe what I was hearing.

If he had been pulled and censored for that at the time we would not be talking about this, but Captain Teflon is a saint north of the Tweed and anyone who questions him is vilified.

I get that he is a competitor and win at all costs person but he got that wrong and he needs to acknowledge that. In many peoples eyes that needs to be done.

I wonder if the tackle on McKinnon was some sort of revenge for this tackle from the previous year. Pretty piss poor if it is.
On the other hand, why didn't Alex seem concerned for Jordan Mclean's welfare after this tackle which broke Mclean's jaw?

WTF?
Comparing an accidental head clash compared to an illegal tackle is ridiculous.@:rolleyes:

If Alex could repair his bodily functions as well as Mclean did after his injury, he would not be worrying about the cost of lifetime support.@:cool:

WTF?
Comparing an accidental head clash compared to an illegal tackle is ridiculous.@:rolleyes:

If Alex could repair his bodily functions as well as Mclean did after his injury, he would not be worrying about the cost of lifetime support.@:cool:

Nobody compared the tackles. If you want to read my post again, you will see that I did say that it was piss poor if the tackle on McLean was revenge for this. (My reason for this is that the McKinnon tackle on McLean was an accidental head clash).
Regardless of whether it's an accidental head clash or not though, I also happen to think it was poor form from Alex to be high fiving his team mates when the player he just tackle is laying motionless on the ground, so HM you can 'WTF' all you like. There should be concern for any player's welfare when they suffer serious injury, whether it was the result of an accident or not.

Last edited:
Smith is a grub will always be and is a media protected darling. The things he gets away with is outstanding... How the heck he got off with the elbow into the face of Matt Balin earlier this year is outstanding!!

Everyone thinks he is this glorified saint who is a decent character and represents the best of rugby league.

I for one will never class smith with any of those sediments.

When I saw the Alex incident live as I was watching the game live the way smith reacted just solidified my opinion of him.

I cannot believe how everyone is coming out and backing him.

He really irritated me with the 'oh the nrl has been great but I'm going to have to sue them'

Just because he might have legal options to get the money he needs from the NRL doesn't mean he can't acknowledge the assistance they have given him since the injury.

If the NRL or Melbourne are liable for damages I can't begrudge him getting what he is entitled to, regardless of how much money people have raised. I imagine that would be taken into account when working out an amount to be awarded anyway.

Something that's been glossed over and forgotten by everyone who has banded together to help him

I think enough time has passed for us to be honest on the career of Alex.....he was a solid bench player at club level, he may have became a solid starter eventually but he was no adult superstar and never was going to be

I mean i was a future immortal until i did my ACL at 25 while playing for the lower mountains Eagles

I mean call me a cynical asshole but come on it's time to be honest

If so how great have they been and if not why lie? This is all about book sales and i think Smith was used as a draw in to get people watching, he's the perfect patsy because he's an asshole
You are a disgrace.

I think Can Smith is as big a grub as I've ever seen, however, he didn't act any differently to the way most captains do these days. It's all about trying to counter the seriousness of the penalty and any repercussions from it. I hear these types of appeals from captains every week. Anyone can look heartless and cruel in hindsight.

I wonder if the tackle on McKinnon was some sort of revenge for this tackle from the previous year. Pretty piss poor if it is.
On the other hand, why didn't Alex seem concerned for Jordan Mclean's welfare after this tackle which broke Mclean's jaw?

I reckon cause he was seeing stars as well. He walked straight to the back when the argy-bargy started.
Have a go @ Smith the ****tard going on about a shoulder charge! FMD McLean steps into him at the last moment, just a body shot with a head clash.
I'm going up Wednesday night. I'm going to have to gaffa tape my gob or I'll not even make it through Caxton st.

I understand McKinnon being pissed off but I've been through it myself.

It was an accident and rather than attack Smith via the media why not ring him and say it to him directly. And if as reported Smith tried to visit him who knows, may be an apology might have been forthcoming, for what was said.

No one is to blame other than the NRL for letting wrestling into the game.

Move on Alex.

I think Can Smith is as big a grub as I've ever seen, however, he didn't act any differently to the way most captains do these days. It's all about trying to counter the seriousness of the penalty and any repercussions from it. I hear these types of appeals from captains every week. Anyone can look heartless and cruel in hindsight.
No way mate. He had plenty of time to see what had happened and do what he should've and shut his mouth.

You are a disgrace.
Oh yeah do go on

I'm not wrong I'm just an asshole

Would you have done a backflip if we'd signed him during his playing career? No you would have Googled 'who is Alex Mckinnon' which may have lead to a 30 second highlight reel and then you'd bitch that Toovey is replacing Hasson for a slight improvement instead of signing a superstar

Enough time has passed for the truth to be spoken surely?

I do wish him the best and that's sincere,he deserves to live more than comfortably and i hope he makes a full recovery

I'm just over the love affair and over inflation of a player due to tragedy,it's getting old

He did act like an asshole when he had that head clash,cheering while a player was in distress who was the same bloke who lifted him,but it wasn't a revenge thing, it was Melbourne using it's new invention in spoiling tactics gone horribly wrong,if anyone is to blame it's Bellamy and his wrestling coach

I understand McKinnon being pissed off but I've been through it myself.

It was an accident and rather than attack Smith via the media why not ring him and say it to him directly. And if as reported Smith tried to visit him who knows, may be an apology might have been forthcoming, for what was said.

No one is to blame other than the NRL for letting wrestling into the game.

Move on Alex.
Can't sell more books with a phone call

Also, if he's thinking of suing good luck. I don't see him winning anything. No one is going to repeat Bai's go with McCracken and admit intent to harm.

Smith is an A grade ****wit and I think it's hilarious that there's finally a voice out there to cut through all the unplaced worship of the guy. I'm just not sure the reasons are right this time.
We're all there yelling "rip his ***ing head off" at the games. When someone actually does it, everyone gets upset.

If it was Manly's captain, I'd hope he was in there arguing for his team rather than being concerned for some aresehole that would have done the same to him.

You really have to remember that this is a channel nein story and what they are like.

This is a little different from how they told it. General melbourne grubbiness aside, in this context I 100% agree with him, he was calm, respectful while putting his point forward and didn't push it.

Smith is an A grade ****wit and I think it's hilarious that there's finally a voice out there to cut through all the unplaced worship of the guy. I'm just not sure the reasons are right this time.
We're all there yelling "rip his ***ing head off" at the games. When someone actually does it, everyone gets upset.

If it was Manly's captain, I'd hope he was in there arguing for his team rather than being concerned for some aresehole that would have done the same to him.
No I would prefer he was like Slater when Wolfy had his accident, showing concern for his fellow man. Some things are bigger than the game - and some people are just arseholes all their life. I know what I would rather see, and indeed be......

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8