Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Alex got it spot on when he said to Liz Hayes :re Grub...
"You think you'd just shut up"
How do you have the title and honour of Australian captain affixed to a grub like that...sickening!?
The positive from Alex's story tonight is family...especially Tegan...my god ...what a woman!

Did any of you catch 60 minutes tonight. Smith has been exposed nationally and will now be the most hated man in league and he deserves it. So its a penalty from now on for anyone who ducks their head versus are you okay. Who is at fault is irrelevant in an emergency.
This is the most unsportsmanlike behaviour I have ever seen. There is no debating he is a weak human being.

Last edited:
Making her wait until he can walk

I feel sorry for the bloke and all but seriously why wait? Is his ability to walk somehow connected to if she deserves to be a McKinnon? ****ing marry her you git god ****ing dammit,**** me swinging you ginger gronk

If Bennett thinks Smith's such a 'good bloke', HE should've had a word to him about being 'good' and doing the honourable thing as the Storm's captain and contacted Alex :(

If Bennett thinks Smith's such a 'good bloke', HE should've had a word to him about being 'good' and doing the honourable thing as the Storm's captain and contacted Alex :(
Yeah and Corbin Sims is 18th Man for QLD and Smith is his Captain, you would think he would have said something to him. Funny thing is DCE is public enemy No. 1 Whilst Smith is a media darling.

We must remember that it is a very tragic situation that Alex was faced with but there are 2 sides to a story. Yes he may have argued with the referee post accident but I am pretty sure that at the time of the accident the players including Alex would not have known the circumstances they were facing.
I feel for all involved.
No way as soon as I saw that tackle I, as well as any one else new he was in trouble. Very disappointed in the way smith carried on. But not surprised.

Character reference:
1) openly mocked Brett being knocked out in 07 GF, in a speech to a crowd at Federation Square in Melbourne a few days after. (Some of the crowd may have been storm fans, but I suspect most were city commuters going to the train station).

2) suspended for the 08 GF for turning another player's head like a bottle top.

3) signing multiple contracts, and as captain would have known it was rife through the team.

4) constant niggle.

5) the McKinnon incident.

The result? He's a respected qld and Kangaroo captain.

The PR machine is now in full swing for the injury to Smith's reputation FFS @:mad:

We all choose our response to verbal assault, but Alex has no choice in even coughing, sneezing or any independent mobility. :( Horrific struggles for a 22 year old :angel:

Lets hope that the Media focus on Alex and not anyone else there that night @:cool:

The thing too with this incident is the time involved. I remember the game because I had just turned on and the incident happened and it was a good 10mins or so before Alex was taken off. Now I can understand immediately Smith having his say.....fair enough. But this went on and on and it was very clear from the tv (let alone if you were there) that this was a very bad incident. It didn't stop captain fantastic having his say.

Making her wait until he can walk

I feel sorry for the bloke and all but seriously why wait? Is his ability to walk somehow connected to if she deserves to be a McKinnon? ****ing marry her you git god ****ing dammit,**** me swinging you ginger gronk
Sometimes we say things, or write things that we really shouldn't. No doubt this is their choice and not his alone

8 minutes of treatment was not enough for Smith to reflect compassionately :cool:

Alex does not want an apology, he is just affronted at Smith's priorities @:cool:

Teagan and Korbin are almost as amazing as Alex.
Lets hope that his healing continues to increase :angel:

He should sue the NRL for the lifetime care. What is 10 million out of 1,200 million @:cool:

#RiseForAlex

Why doesn't he sue the coach Bellamy. After all through his direct coaching actions the game has turned into wrestle mania.

It goes to the heart of the matter, the character of Bellamy and hence the character of Storm players - the win at all costs attitude comes directly from Bellamy.

In true storm/qlder fashion, they've turned alex's interview last night into a 'poor smith is the victim here'...and judging by the comments below the courier mail article (which I recommend that people never read) they all agree Alex is now the villain.

Regardless....Keep fighting the good fight Alex, hope you make a full recovery.

Last edited:
It's interesting to watch the Melbourne tackling style, still.

They try, and most times succeed, to turn the tackled player over onto his back.

They always seem to get away with it but other teams seem to get penalised if they try and do the same thing. IMHO.

Imagine the uproar if Manly took on that tackling style? We'd be pilloried for it and penalised out of every game.

I wonder if the tackle on McKinnon was some sort of revenge for this tackle from the previous year. Pretty piss poor if it is.
On the other hand, why didn't Alex seem concerned for Jordan Mclean's welfare after this tackle which broke Mclean's jaw?

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8