Cam Smith's "multiple threads- only one declared"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Come on how can anyone impeach on Capt Teflon's impeccable record.
The instigator of coach Martina's grubby wrestling, grappling,neck straining, shoulder dislocating tactics.
The innocent party to salary cap rorting. Knew nothing about the multiple contracts he signed.
Then blames a player for deliberately trying to paralyze himself just to argue a penalty.
Not to mention many other acts of grubbery over the years.
Finally someone has called out this creep and there's not one thing this grub can say to come back at it without looking like the piece of sht that he is
But I'm sure all his maroon moron backers will stick up for him especially that hypocrite bald headed fukwit Lewis.

He is a grub I agree but he isn't untouchable. He did miss a GF through suspension.

Yes but since then...

The trouble is he is very smart about it and people who either have a passing interest or those with a vested interest in the image of the game (the broadcasters and the governing body) just don't see or don't care what he gets up to on the field.

Basically only fans of other clubs who don't go for QLD see and remember the dirty tactics he gets away with.

Everyone else seems to either feel like he was unlucky to miss a GF due to carryover points or just forget about it all together.

IMO the tackle on Thaiday in 2008 was much worse than any accidental high or lifting tackle and it's a joke that even with carryovers he only got 2 games.

Don't forget before Origin I this year Mr Clean got more carryovers for repeatedly kicking Isaac Luke in the head (which should have been at least 1 game, even with an early plea) and everyone in the media went on with the old "it's not his go" BS.

Hopefully history repeats and he cops a minor charge in R26 that wipes him out of another finals game and they get smashed with him and his grubby mate Billy watching on from the sidelines - or even better, in the box with Bellamy.

I see all videos showing Smith arguing with the ref after the Mckinnon tackle have mystically disappeared from youtube & elsewhere.......

He is a grub I agree but he isn't untouchable. He did miss a GF through suspension.

He wasn't Qld or Australian captain then, Lockyer was. No need for him to be untouchable.

Since he got the rep captaincies though he's been put on such a pedestal by the media, especially Ch.9, that they can't see him for what he really is, and unfortunately the NRL refs have bought into it.

He didn't know he had signed two contracts for the Scum? Yeah, and yesterday I was a schoolgirl with pigtails.......

He has been the on-field leader of Bellyache's backyard wrestling tactics that has infested the NRL and continues to be the leading exponent.

The really sad part is that he is actually a good player. He doesn't need all the crap that he has in his game.

Cam's the Aussie captain, premiership winner and has pretty much accomplished everything in the game. I don't think he gives two ****s about being called a grub.
The only thing Smith hasn't and won't accomplish is gaining respect in the rugby league community but as you said he wont give **** about it ...why? Its simple the grubby little man has no scruples!

We must remember that it is a very tragic situation that Alex was faced with but there are 2 sides to a story. Yes he may have argued with the referee post accident but I am pretty sure that at the time of the accident the players including Alex would not have known the circumstances they were facing.
I feel for all involved.

Alex's point, and as I saw it happen on TV, is that as he screamed that he couldn't breath, and as 7 people had him on a stretcher with 30 secs of game time left, Smith was trying to nullify the penalty for the illegal tackle. :mad:

There is no arguing the illegality of the tackle, so there is no other side to the argument @:mad:

As the Captain he should have conveyed his Club's well wishes once the prognosis was known that night. Its common decency @:cool:

Alex's point, and as I saw it happen on TV, is that as he screamed that he couldn't breath, and as 7 people had him on a stretcher with 30 secs of game time left, Smith was trying to nullify the penalty for the illegal tackle. :mad:

There is no arguing the illegality of the tackle, so there is no other side to the argument @:mad:

As the Captain he should have conveyed his Club's well wishes once the prognosis was known that night. Its common decency @:cool:

And do we surmise that as Alex still harbours resentment towards Smith to this day, that Smith still hasn't apologised for the way he carried on? Even if he didn't know the seriousness of the injury at the time, any decent person would've apologised by now. If he hasn't, then he deserves condemnation.

I don't buy into the whole smith didn't know how serious the injury was at the time. It was bloody obvious to me watching it on tv and seeing the expression on his face and the horrible sight of him struggling to breath and crying out for help while his body lay motionless.
Surely if ever there was a time to shut up and cop a penalty that was it. Peoples true colours shine through at times like this and his sure did.

At the time of the tackle the Storm had a method of tackling where they would turn the player by holding him up and spinning him then dumping him so that there was no quick play the ball. It was not normal but just the latest storm tactic (think every bad tackle style of the last 10 years) to get away with an unfair advantage.

8 minutes of treatment was not enough for Smith to reflect compassionately :cool:

Alex does not want an apology, he is just affronted at Smith's priorities @:cool:

Teagan and Korbin are almost as amazing as Alex.
Lets hope that his healing continues to increase :angel:

He should sue the NRL for the lifetime care. What is 10 million out of 1,200 million @:cool:

#RiseForAlex

I don't buy into the whole smith didn't know how serious the injury was at the time. It was bloody obvious to me watching it on tv and seeing the expression on his face and the horrible sight of him struggling to breath and crying out for help while his body lay motionless.
Surely if ever there was a time to shut up and cop a penalty that was it. Peoples true colours shine through at times like this and his sure did.
100 percent.

At the time of the tackle the Storm had a method of tackling where they would turn the player by holding him up and spinning him then dumping him so that there was no quick play the ball. It was not normal but just the latest storm tactic (think every bad tackle style of the last 10 years) to get away with an unfair advantage.

This was really noticeable in our game down there 3 or 4 weeks later. I have never seen so many players lifted in tackles.

I really hope there are some good lawyers looking into Bellamy's tactics at the time and over the preceding 8-10yrs as well as the NRL's lack of interest in doing anything about them.

Alex did say the NRL have been great to him SINCE his injury, but what did they do about preventing it?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10