better than Foran?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Speed is the difference. Walker has heaps of it and is quick off the mark, just needs to work on his passing and his kicking game. If he can get that right he'll be better than Foran.

Foran is very game-smart and mentally tough (and physically tough), while we have yet to see how smart Walker is. Walker has probably got by so far on his speed and strength. At his top Foran was the best 5/8 in the game but to start 2016 I'm happy to see what Walker's speed and strength can bring, hopefully he will quickly make a success of the position.

Foran is a better 5/8 (or at least more experienced).
Walker is an amazing, aggressive centre, and would be better than Foran there

The tough thing with Walker, is the unknown. He probably will need 4-6 weeks to find his feet, and I expect him to be quite quiet during the start of the season.

Have to wait and see I guess is the answer to this question.

That said, I don't think Walker is our long term 5/8. Not the Dylan one anyway.

Can't wait to see Walker mark up against Keary.....burn him & belt him!

Walker same style as Milford for the Broncos.....will take a bit of time but speed in close is gold in the modern game

Foran is a better 5/8 (or at least more experienced).
Walker is an amazing, aggressive centre, and would be better than Foran there

The tough thing with Walker, is the unknown. He probably will need 4-6 weeks to find his feet, and I expect him to be quite quiet during the start of the season.

Have to wait and see I guess is the answer to this question.

That said, I don't think Walker is our long term 5/8. Not the Dylan one anyway.

If he was an agressive centre, he will likely be an agressive 5/8th....which will be awesome.

He might just be the long term 5/8th depending on this year, but at least we have a top class centre in the squad. Win win i reckon.

He will be 5/8 only until our current 3 and 4 retire, either both together or in different years.

I cannot help thinking this year might be their last, or at least one of them.

[QUOTE="Technical Coach, post: 752163, membeMEDIA=youtube]o0kprsgY3yE[/MEDIA]

To pretend Foran is better than Thurston loses any attempted credibility from your post, but I was entertained by other parts also.
The classic desperation has set in to bring in 2 youtube highlights....I think Tom Wright threw more quality balls in his 2 minute highlight reel.....Funny stuff
Pity these were not prominent in his Manly games.
Forans game is based on the games key elements, toughness & competitiveness...not vision or skillful pass selections.
These cutout passes from Foran are as rare as footage of big foot & about as real....as for unstructured plays....Forans game is built on structure with his strength being able to endure more punishment than his opponent in the contest.
As for your opinion of Snake Stewart, just shows your ignorance of the modern day fullback, with Stewart the very best in this organising department...I will add he is also exceptional with his talk & organisation in defence....but to shed light on Stewarts options after creating that overlap himself with pace & timing, his final pass is top shelf.
As for minimising Stewarts contribution with his passing game, those highlights you spent 2 days finding on Foran.....Stewarts will show more vision, timing & execution & there will 200...not 2
The video link had zero to do with "desperation" but if it makes you feel somewhat elevated and insightful i will go with it. The video link was to show the two passes(not the rest of the highlights) what kind of pass variation Foran has if allowed more freedom and the type of play an older 5/8 will display behind a decent forward pack if he was retained---this also goes to DCE)

DCE's passing variety was just as rare,(the majority of DCE's impact has been show and goes down the short side or off the back of pet play second man variations) most of our backline plays were rehearsed structures.(as is 90% of plays from most teams in the interchange era)

As for Stewart, you are overstating his organising influence due to his standing in the game---sure he picks his moments to run but that is different to organizing, all good fullbacks will call for the ball when they see numbers, Stewart's quality was in his timing and quick hands off the back of structured plays.

Thurston at Manly behind our pack would have seen Manly drop out of the 8 more so than just last year.

Thurston's performances throughout his career at the Cowboys especially in the big games along with not getting QLD up when a few injuries hit shows his limitations when quality is not surrounding him.

The big difference that allowed the Cowboys to go another level was the improvement in the forward pack, the coaching department polishing up their structures, simplifying and more direct in some areas and overall better discipline and toughness in away games for consistent performances.

[QUOTE="Technical Coach, post: 752163, membeMEDIA=youtube]o0kprsgY3yE[/MEDIA]

To pretend Foran is better than Thurston loses any attempted credibility from your post, but I was entertained by other parts also.
The classic desperation has set in to bring in 2 youtube highlights....I think Tom Wright threw more quality balls in his 2 minute highlight reel.....Funny stuff
Pity these were not prominent in his Manly games.
Forans game is based on the games key elements, toughness & competitiveness...not vision or skillful pass selections.
These cutout passes from Foran are as rare as footage of big foot & about as real....as for unstructured plays....Forans game is built on structure with his strength being able to endure more punishment than his opponent in the contest.
As for your opinion of Snake Stewart, just shows your ignorance of the modern day fullback, with Stewart the very best in this organising department...I will add he is also exceptional with his talk & organisation in defence....but to shed light on Stewarts options after creating that overlap himself with pace & timing, his final pass is top shelf.
As for minimising Stewarts contribution with his passing game, those highlights you spent 2 days finding on Foran.....Stewarts will show more vision, timing & execution & there will 200...not 2
Does not take 2 days to find highlights with an NBN connection and a memory recall of every pass from every half and 5/8 Manly have had for the past 3 decades.(if you expect immediate responses you are far too into yourself)

Glenn Stewart is a ball player more so than Brett, lets see Brett get the ball early take it to the line draw in defenders to make a mistake and pass at the line---don't think so.

I wouldn't have considered Foran one of the better ball playing 5/8 in the comp, but when you sit down to think of better ones it isn't that easy actually. Thurston obviously wears 7 but plays both sides and gets into 2nd receiver a bit. Widdop, Maloney I don't mind.

I wouldn't have considered Foran one of the better ball playing 5/8 in the comp, but when you sit down to think of better ones it isn't that easy actually. Thurston obviously wears 7 but plays both sides and gets into 2nd receiver a bit. Widdop, Maloney I don't mind.
Thurston has only played both sides the last few years was locked to the left mostly in the past and his passing game is nothing special.

It was easier to ball play in the past when fatigue and defensive lines were not so in your face and you had time to have the ball out in front deceiving a back pedaling defensive line.

Even Cliff Lyons struggled when the Dogs played up and in reducing his ball playing time in some games they got over the top of us back in the day.

I don't think he'll be as good as the 2011-13 Foran but will easily be better than the 2014-15 version. So IMO, it's definitely an improvement on last year.
Lets not overstate the length, more from the second half of 2014 to the first half and a little more of 2015.(not all of it was a bad attitude but injury related also)

But fair game at times he looked like a spoiled need a kick up the back side kid, you can thank a few senior players for fostering that culture who seem to be over "loved" by the fans.

When Foz arrived at the Speels he was given a starter kit.

eelswoodenspoon.jpg

I did a search for a Manly wooden spoon but haven't found one @:cool:

When Foz arrived at the Speels he was given a starter kit.

eelswoodenspoon.jpg

I did a search for a Manly wooden spoon but haven't found one @:cool:
When Foz was a Sea eagle he had tail feathers now that he has become an eel he will have a wooden soon stuck up his ass

Killer rarely seems to get talked about as a legend like these guys (Lockyer, Smith and Thurston) because the media, especially the Sydney media, have never really forgiven him for retiring from rep footy and concentrating on his club footy for Manly at a time when NSW desperately needed players of his quality and leadership.

Hayne was too inconsistent imo. Lyon has been consistently great for a long time and should be a shoo in but his loyalty to Manly will stand against him.

Killer rarely seems to get talked about as a legend like these guys (Lockyer, Smith and Thurston) because the media, especially the Sydney media, have never really forgiven him for retiring from rep footy and concentrating on his club footy for Manly at a time when NSW desperately needed players of his quality and leadership.
I think that's fair enough too. To be one of the greats I think you need to prove yourself consistently at the highest level. Represent. Killer is capable no doubt, but just hasn't bothered to get the runs on the board.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8