better than Foran?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the Only thing Dylan has to work on his passing game and his kicking game. His attack and his defence is as good as Foran if not better. Just Hope Foran has worked hard in the Off Season to Shoulder all the work at the WatheMatta. He looked busted at the end of last year and Mr. Watmough is on his last legs.

Has anyone sighted Mateo at training yet . Is he losing any of that excess weight

Will trouble defense more with his runs than Foran. Will be interesting to see if he has a decent long/short kicking game. In terms of speed hes probably a bit faster than matai but slower than tom trbojevic.

Does he need a good short kicking game because Killer has one of the best weighted grubbers in the game...

I don't think so.. Foz when he was motivated was top shelf.. Thing was he wasn't motivated for the last few seasons.. Injured & uninterested..
AgreeJ1, That's the crux of the matter, you might have all the ability but it's whether you have the passion.
I think there's something in that for all of us, don't you? :)

Even though Barrett has stated DCE will have a licence to roam both sides of the ruck, much like Thurston, I wonder if Snake will play as the second, wider playmaker, with Walker floating around in more of a fullback role ready to run off either of them. It would be quite daunting as a defensive line to be confronted with DCE having an option of either playing short to a flying Walker or playing out the back to Snake on a sweeping play with men on the move outside him.

I hope when we play them whomever is our 5/8th shall better 'that' foran!*

*Just in case no one has noticed the thread title as yet**

**didn't say it was funny***

***I was right****

****carry on*****

*****Peace and hugs!

Or. 'Better, that Foran'. This thread...

ackbar.jpg

I think he can certainly trump Foran if he reaches his potential because he has a better skill set. Foran is a great competitor and I love the fearless way he takes on the line and passes so late to hold the defence up, but he is limited in other areas. Walker is a more explosive player with great speed, strength and anticipation. He can be a revelation closer to the action.

I predict Foran to be the form 5/8 for at least part of 2016. He has the ability to be that player and may wont to stick it up the doubters. It will only be medium term though.

I hope when we play them whomever is our 5/8th shall better 'that' foran!*

*Just in case no one has noticed the thread title as yet**

**didn't say it was funny***

***I was right****

****carry on*****

*****Peace and hugs!
Bugger I didn't see that misprint :eek:

I think he can certainly trump Foran if he reaches his potential because he has a better skill set. Foran is a great competitor and I love the fearless way he takes on the line and passes so late to hold the defence up, but he is limited in other areas. Walker is a more explosive player with great speed, strength and anticipation. He can be a revelation closer to the action.
I wouldn't say Walker has a better skill set.

In general not a fan of individual ball running players playing in the halves if that is their main attacking threat, ballplaying at the line is the most important element, individual brilliance should only compliment the ball playing as an extra dimension to his play.

Have not watched much league in the last 2 years and have not kept up much with Walkers progress but from the limited footage i have seen he offers individual one on one brilliance and speed not an all round game.(Have not seen any 5/8 footage from his past to see if his skillset is more rounded in other areas)

1-2yrs of effectiveness at 5/8 before the lack of ballplaying options make him predictable unless he develops this area of his game further.

If interchanges drop to 6 he could be a real weapon on the edges with space.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8