Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Being used to the anti Manly bias by the chimps in clothes masquerading as sports 'journos' is one thing (sorry chimps) but some of the vile tweets and reports these loons are spewing out today is borderline psychopathic.

What pathetic little unfulfilled lives they must lead.

Why was our dirty laundry done in public? It started with the bull**** story nobody wanted to play with him and then snowballed. We know it's bull**** because some players have since made statements to the contrary. So the story should have been that some players don't want to play with him. DCE obviously doesn't like him very much going back to his room for round 2 at 1am. The decision to go back to his room at 1am was genius. Who leaked that story to the press? That's what I want to know. The motivation must have been to get rid of him. TB tells us there was a meeting in February in an attempt to resolve issues but unsuccessful. As a matter of timing that meeting follows Baz and others making statements in the press that Croker was the anointed one and it was clear Hastings was not getting a start, notwithstanding that Hastings good performances on the field during the trials. Can't blame the kid for feeling hurt by that and feeling like he wasn't getting a fair crack at the starting spot. Somebody or some people don't want him there because, but who is it really? If it's not Barrett then it must a influential player or influential players. We really don't know what is going on but it smells bad. TB's attempt of putting the matter to bed didn't work because the press are like piranha and smell a story in the water and they will keep on digging. Right now this is the last thing we needed.

The problem with the 'media' is that it s full of muppets.

What has happened with Jackson Hastings is no different to what would happen in any work place. If a junior employee has a punch up with his team leader, chances are he's getting the sack or at least demoted to another department. Either way, it was a bad career move and his chance of being promoted back up through the ranks of the organization are over unless he turns out to be a superstar or there is a change in senior management.

Not all employees would agree with the decision to sack him because some employees would have liked the guy. Regardless, everyone has a job to do and moves on.

That is the way of the world.

Not sure what kind of work you do but if a senior manager had a fight with a junior employee and then went back in the dead of night for round 2 they certainly wouldn't have a job come next monday.

Being used to the anti Manly bias by the chimps in clothes masquerading as sports 'journos' is one thing (sorry chimps) but some of the vile tweets and reports these loons are spewing out today is borderline psychopathic.

What pathetic little unfulfilled lives they must lead.

LOL! A bit like the crap DCE (and his family) copped from manly fans before his backflip?

Hastings may be out of sorts with DCE and the Turbos, but I find it interesting that Jorge, Marty and Thompson all offer Hastings support. http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...f-bullying-culture/1y1wiyfjt9nl71gfv5kt5k0va9

This is starting to smell like the rift Jason Taylor had going at the bears before their demise. At the start of all this, I just assumed it was a way of clearing some cap space...but if it is, our head honchos better be very careful. It seems to be ruffling a lot of feathers within the playing group.

Not allowing our players to speak to the media about the situation stinks too. They should at least be able to unburden themselves of the supposed "bully" tag. A simple, "I like the guy and have know idea what's going on", would suffice. But that wouldn't look good at the moment. It's only a matter of time in this day and age with all the social media outlets that the truth will bubble to the top.

There is a particular constant factor. That constant factor has been behind damaging leaks stretching back at least a decade. Back then this constant factor dripped info to the media which blew up in the club’s face in early 2009. It took a few seasons to recover.

The constant factor then leaked ‘information’ that helped see off the other then joint owner. What we can surmise is that the dynamic tension that existed between the joint owners didn’t seem to have a great impact on onfield results.

Then the Penns became sole owners and it has largely been a shambles ever since.

And that succubus-like constant factor is still there.

Why was our dirty laundry done in public? It started with the bull**** story nobody wanted to play with him and then snowballed. We know it's bull**** because some players have since made statements to the contrary. So the story should have been that some players don't want to play with him. DCE obviously doesn't like him very much going back to his room for round 2 at 1am. The decision to go back to his room at 1am was genius. Who leaked that story to the press? That's what I want to know. The motivation must have been to get rid of him. TB tells us there was a meeting in February in an attempt to resolve issues but unsuccessful. As a matter of timing that meeting follows Baz and others making statements in the press that Croker was the anointed one and it was clear Hastings was not getting a start, notwithstanding that Hastings good performances on the field during the trials. Can't blame the kid for feeling hurt by that and feeling like he wasn't getting a fair crack at the starting spot. Somebody or some people don't want him there because, but who is it really? If it's not Barrett then it must a influential player or influential players. We really don't know what is going on but it smells bad. TB's attempt of putting the matter to bed didn't work because the press are like piranha and smell a story in the water and they will keep on digging. Right now this is the last thing we needed.
Trent said issues with Jackson had been documented for a year. That tells us his issues at Manly were present before he didn’t get the starting half spot this year and not the other way around.

I back Trent because he is the one in involved in the situation and has the facts.
A lot of the media can make things up just to create a story without knowing any facts. Wayne Bennett said this to the media yesterday, ‘they just make up rubbish to have something to talk about’.

Send Lane packing with him. When Tom and Jake have a problem that is when I will sit up and listen. Send these over payed reggies players to another club if they think Manly isn't treating them correctly.
Hang on since when does Jake and Tom have a problem with him?

All the experts on the forum giving their two bobs worth on something they know nothing about...too funny for words really.
When Trent threw the playing squad under the bus, things turned for the worse. Stay tuned, much more to come

Where did he say that? Not in the interview that I saw (and i am not talkiing about the Zorba leak to ritchie)

If it's been such a documented problem for such a long time, why was it allowed to continue to fester?
A question only the coach can answer.

From the outside looking in it would be good if they could put their differences aside and get on with the job of playing footy because Manly are a much better side with JH in it. Would take a lot of pressure off DCE too but seems like the problems run too deep for that. It's a shame.

As if any of the players would come out and be quoted that they don’t get on with him.

The noncommittal “I’m fine with him” quotes that have emerged are possibly awkward moments for the players being interviewed.

Who could say if they are true or not?

The surprising thing is that manly is letting them respond. I’d be imposing a media ban and get on with training.

Personally I like to think that people can change and I hope that all parties can reflect on the situation, reach some solution, and put Hastings at 6.

Our club appears to be in the worst state its been in since the old Beagle days. Drama after drama, the NRL hunting us down while the media stomp all over us. We haven’t had a full squad for two seasons, and Including next season, it will be three years of competing with a compromised salary cap. Now it is being reported that we have a divided squad, something has got to give, because the dam walls look as though they are about to burst.

This whole thing is getting ridiculous. Barrett came out to field questions and clearly tried to be as transparent as possible. He probably - quite reasonably - thought that would stop the speculation, but it seems to have only fanned the flames.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8