Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Has no one stopped to think this is all a Machiavellian masterstroke by Trent - and that Jackson will in fact start at 5/8 on Sunday, catching everyone unawares and leading us to a glorious victory? No? I thought not. Me neither.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't spoil it!!

That's a good point because its not just Hastings who has previous form. Cherry has a long list of Manly and Qld players who didn't like him either.
fairly certain some of the Manly players, such as Stewart and Watmaugh didn't like DCE was because his manager had the temerity to ask for a contract upgrade in 2012, some of the Manly players thought that he should bide his time before asking for a contract upgrade. But in reality, in his first year he was a grand final winning halfback as well as getting selected to play for Australia as well, whilst on an $80,000 contract, if we didn't upgrade him, then another club certainly would've.
As for the Queensland player not liking him, well, over the last 12 years a certain clique developed in the SOO squad, plus the fact that he backflipped on a fellow QLD team, that was the final straw in having his papers stamped never to play for QLD

I don't have an opinion because I don't know the details Brad. I just know that it is better not to criticise Jackson based on gossip. Even this trail of destruction at Saints and Roosters seems overplayed. If he is trouble, just tear up his contract and get on with things. Leaving the guy to languish in Blacktown is piss poor.
Sorry if you took it a different way
When Trent through the players under a bus ?? I dont think anyone knows mate but its a forum site , people have an opinion friend. As ive said before i feel for Hastings and his well being no matter whats happened. He's still a human going through stuff that can be sorted with the right people around , and i hope he gets it .

@brad we'll continue to support the team, that is a given. But we'd be a lot more confident if we knew that our best 17 at any given time is the one that is running out onto the park.

This current cluster fvck we're in and Barrett's comments the other morning regarding the non-selection of Hastings means that our best 17 is just not going to happen.

This will make next months Womens
@brad we'll continue to support the team, that is a given. But we'd be a lot more confident if we knew that our best 17 at any given time is the one that is running out onto the park.

This current cluster fvck we're in and Barrett's comments the other morning regarding the non-selection of Hastings means that our best 17 is just not going to happen.
Its going to be tough mate but interesting how we turn up and get that siege mentality back.

How the worm is turning. The fickle bunch that we fans are swing and sway over the latest tidbit clickbait we can get.

At First, Jacko is Kim Jong Un, but now...slowly becoming Mother Theresa. Meanwhile DCE, who was the Dalai Lama, is rapidly becoming Saddam Hussein.

All I know is....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
OK, after a bit of thought I am going to say what has been niggling at me with this whole thing.

Is Daly Cherry-Evans the reason why Jackson Hastings has never gotten a fair shake at playing 5/8 for Manly and the reason why he has been banished to reserve grade? Not only is DCE our highest paid and highest profile player, but he is the team captain and as captain he would have some influence not only with team selection, but he would have a big influence on who partners him in the halves. Barrett has come out and said that he coaches the side and he picks the side, but no coach worth his weight would do that without at least talking to the team captain. Barrett has captained teams before when he was playing and I am sure his coaches talked to him when it came to team selection.

Does the fact that DCE doesn't seem to get along with Hastings have the biggest influence on the fact that we are forced to play a reserve grade quality pivot as his 5/8 partner?

Like I've said a few times, by not playing Hastings at 5/8 we really are cutting off our nose to spite our face. And I just can't shake the feeling that DCE is the main reason for that.
How do you know that playing him wouldn’t hinder other parts of the team. Have any members of the spine come out in support of him? You can like a bloke and not want to work with him. As I’ve said before a mate worked in the football department at the roosters and thought he was a right royal twat. He’s been told the sun shines out his arse for years despite never having done anything. Christ this forum talks about him like he’s jonathan Thurston. He’s got some issues. All we can take is face value. Barrett doesn’t strike me as someone who would outright lie. And if he said they’ve organized councilling and Jackson stopped going then I believe him. As I said though his attitude stuff is not made up. It seems he has swings. He can come across as a really nice guy. Seems like a nice kid but in a competitive environment there’s just something about it that turns him into a massive knob

The unfortunate thing is that by coming out and saying that Hastings won't be considered for NRL selection for the rest of the year, Barrett really has backed himself into a corner as far as selection goes.

If he had said that he won't be considered "for now" or something that wasn't so permanent as the rest of the year, there might be a chance that this can be resolved and we could see Hastings in the Manly #6 jumper before too long. But Barrett's comments the other morning seemed to have killed that chance regardless what happens.
I believe he actually said “at this stage”. The reporters asked him the same thing a bunch of times to try to back him into a corner and gives black or white so that it becomes clickbait if we have a crisis. All they care about is controversy and views none of them care about Hastings or manly

I feel like some people relish a chance to rip the team down. Like it’s their great pleasure in life to see DCE fail or baz fail even though both those things will hurt the club they love
Not here this is a mess ...
Where the bloody commonsense if Hastings at 6 team improves. Dce come on for better of side

This latest crap is just about the final straw for me as a supporter. I've become so despondent about this team lately. I'm sick of seeing Manly in media for all the wrong reasons. I've supported Manly since 1974 & have continued to support them thru the good & bad times, however it's been nothing but bad after bad after bad lately. I was excited when Hastings signed on with the club as I was with a number of other recruits. I've supported Barrett & tried to believe in what he has been trying to achieve with the club but this Hastings fiasco & the obvious lies about what happened & who is responsible has only confirmed that this club has gone to s%&t. Is it DCE or is it Hastings or is it some other underlying issue at this club. Bullying? Continuous harassment? What did the club learn from the Willie Peters debacle? DCE has had issues with a number of previous players which i chose to ignore....however if this rubbish about him being the instigator in all of this is fact then it makes me wonder if Blake Green wanted out because of him also. I'm not sure who is pulling the strings with Barrett but we all know the team would be better with Hastings alongside DCE in the halves! It's a no brainer. The club needs to come out & admit they fu*%ed up.....get the entire squad together & tell them to shape up or ship out. I've seen DCE & Hastings hug on a number occasions after a try so what the f@#k has gone wrong? I thought Parramatta was bad...but as far as i can see we've become the laughing stock of the NRL!!! I'm over this club & the hole they've dug themselves into!

This latest crap is just about the final straw for me as a supporter. I've become so despondent about this team lately. I'm sick of seeing Manly in media for all the wrong reasons. I've supported Manly since 1974 & have continued to support them thru the good & bad times, however it's been nothing but bad after bad after bad lately. I was excited when Hastings signed on with the club as I was with a number of other recruits. I've supported Barrett & tried to believe in what he has been trying to achieve with the club but this Hastings fiasco & the obvious lies about what happened & who is responsible has only confirmed that this club has gone to s%&t. Is it DCE or is it Hastings or is it some other underlying issue at this club. Bullying? Continuous harassment? What did the club learn from the Willie Peters debacle? DCE has had issues with a number of previous players which i chose to ignore....however if this rubbish about him being the instigator in all of this is fact then it makes me wonder if Blake Green wanted out because of him also. I'm not sure who is pulling the strings with Barrett but we all know the team would be better with Hastings alongside DCE in the halves! It's a no brainer. The club needs to come out & admit they fu*%ed up.....get the entire squad together & tell them to shape up or ship out. I've seen DCE & Hastings hug on a number occasions after a try so what the f@#k has gone wrong? I'm over this club & the hole they've dug themselves into!

Hang in there buddy, a lot of forces out there trying to kill us (or at least drive a stake through our heart) but when the going gets tough the tough get going!!

This latest crap is just about the final straw for me as a supporter. I've become so despondent about this team lately. I'm sick of seeing Manly in media for all the wrong reasons. I've supported Manly since 1974 & have continued to support them thru the good & bad times, however it's been nothing but bad after bad after bad lately. I was excited when Hastings signed on with the club as I was with a number of other recruits. I've supported Barrett & tried to believe in what he has been trying to achieve with the club but this Hastings fiasco & the obvious lies about what happened & who is responsible has only confirmed that this club has gone to s%&t. Is it DCE or is it Hastings or is it some other underlying issue at this club. Bullying? Continuous harassment? What did the club learn from the Willie Peters debacle? DCE has had issues with a number of previous players which i chose to ignore....however if this rubbish about him being the instigator in all of this is fact then it makes me wonder if Blake Green wanted out because of him also. I'm not sure who is pulling the strings with Barrett but we all know the team would be better with Hastings alongside DCE in the halves! It's a no brainer. The club needs to come out & admit they fu*%ed up.....get the entire squad together & tell them to shape up or ship out. I've seen DCE & Hastings hug on a number occasions after a try so what the f@#k has gone wrong? I thought Parramatta was bad...but as far as i can see we've become the laughing stock of the NRL!!! I'm over this club & the hole they've dug themselves into!
****ing hell are you a troll? Green wanted out because he was offered 3 years at a ****load of cash and we weren’t offering that. Him and DCE are mates. If you look at his Instagram or anything they actually hang out when green is in town.

Seriously this is such a beat up. From people that have worked with him Hastings has issues. He’s had it at several clubs now. According to the club and Barrett it was issues with several players. Why do people want to make this just about DCE. Ever thought he may have been doing the captain thing that everyone wants him to do and he was telling a young kid to pull his head in?

I believe he actually said “at this stage”. The reporters asked him the same thing a bunch of times to try to back him into a corner and gives black or white so that it becomes clickbait if we have a crisis. All they care about is controversy and views none of them care about Hastings or manly

Its true he said 'at this stage'. But he also said that Hastings would train and play the rest of the year with Blacktown.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10