Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
It's "interesting" how the media are reporting that players are denying they wouldn't play with hastings and are now supporting him leading to "a bit split' in Manly.

Whereas not one player was actually quoted as saying they wouldn't play with him...that was all from the media quoting 'sources'.

So it's a bit rich to report "No one will play with Hastings" - said no one.
Then make a fuss when a player says they have no problem.

Sports 'journos' should be suffering severe chafing with all their 'beat ups'.
Media trying to create some type of backflip without showing a flip in the first place.

Maybe AFB has no probs with Hastings....but maybe he never said he did in the first place.

edit: I should qualify that I don't have a problem believing some of the playing group have had enough of him. That still doesn't mean they can't text him and hope all is well with him as a person, and it still doesn't mean they all had a problem with him.

What a fkin mess...wouldn't there be someone at the club telling the players to STFU...this is a HR issue...and to give the media nothing ?
If the team gets outmuscled and out-enthused by the slime this week then we as fans can piss this season up against a wall...lets see what the talk is like when the momentum is sgaagainst us on Sunday...good indicator if DCE himself has lost the playing group..perfect recipe to Turd Greenbog to have a chat to the refs and ensure they referee Manly to death...even if we were to win I think the damage done is irreversible and we will see a serious flat period from our guys in the next few weeks...pull a win out of our ar5es and then go missing for the next few..switched on sides with motivation will be eating us for breakfast...our side is inexperienced and we dont have the half a dozen players that can ignore self preservation and mentally stay in the battle...we will be in the premiership wilderness for at least another three years after what happened this year..ie- cap and inevitable clean out required....

Now reports say senior players are saying they will play with Hastings!!!!!!!!!

Has ANYONE other then Dean Ritchie said that all players are out if Hastings continues in the team.

I heard Kent on Fox say Manly got their side of the story out first and that story was that nobody wanted to play with him. Now that story appears false as some players have said they do.

Well done scoop. The only problem with the line of reasoning is that Manly never said nobody wanted to play with him in the first place. In fact, when Barrett was asked he said it was a coach/management decision...

Where is the phantom Lyall Gorman in all of this. When is someone senior in our club going to come out and sort out these d1ckheads in the media.

The blokes biggest issue is settling in with his playing group and being one of the boys. It's not like he's bashing women, ****ing dogs or forcing himself in to new York apartments. Get the kid some counselling for **** sake!

The blokes biggest issue is settling in with his playing group and being one of the boys. It's not like he's bashing women, ****ing dogs or forcing himself in to new York apartments. Get the kid some counselling for **** sake!
Agree with you there. We all really don't know the full details and how he's impacting the team. What we do know is that his behaviour has led to this media circus. Blame Hastings? Blame DCE? Blame TBaz? I'd rather have no body to blame and focus on footie.. Hastings is no criminal. He's no saint either. However you don't need to be a criminal to rub people the wrong way.. OK that came out wrong.. Oops I did it again..you get my point.

Don't think that have been any suggestions that Hastings is a pariah or totally responsible for the present predicament but the only real alternatives were for him to continue to be part of the main playing group and inevitably continuing to exacerbate the unease and distractions with him there or removing him from the i st grade squad . The responsibility and real duty now is on the remaining Ist grade squad to adopt their expected professional and playing obligation to just focus on doing their best on the paddock and start winning some footy games again .

ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay
Asked whether the Sea Eagles squad had made it clear they don't want to play with Hastings for the remainder of the season, winger Brad Parker stressed: "That's not true. No, that's not true. But the Manly mouth piece who works in the media told us it was true...
Real story is Hastings is on a backend deal worth $330k this season that also has trigger clauses in it that activate 1st July - & he & a couple of others with similar deals have been aimed up to exit. All smoke & mirrors, with on this occasion Hastings trashed as an excuse.

Agree with you there. We all really don't know the full details and how he's impacting the team. What we do know is that his behaviour has led to this media circus. Blame Hastings? Blame DCE? Blame TBaz? I'd rather have no body to blame and focus on footie.. Hastings is no criminal. He's no saint either. However you don't need to be a criminal to rub people the wrong way.. OK that came out wrong.. Oops I did it again..you get my point.
Yea agreed, I would love to see us get on with the competition and focus on playing good footy. A lot of crap has been going on and kept under the radar while a lot has been going on above it at Manly too and there are players in the team no doubt that are taking to the field each week with a **** load on their mind. How they can concentrate on playing the game would be a feat in itself each week .Look at our record this year and it tells the story of problems at the club. I am glad in a way that it has hit the fan but I just hope that everyone involved will put it behind them now if they can as the players cant be playing at their best due to all this. I remember reading a post on this forum from a member(I forget who) that when all the crap was going down from our previous players like Stewart and co leaving, that it would take a very long time to recover from it. Well who ever it was, was right as somehow we are still in this same old bickering that has never really gone away. I get the feeling that we are all frustrated on this forum due to the fact that there is still problems at Manly that need to be addressed before we can win another competition. Sounds to me as if we still have ways to go yet as what we have done so far has been out of desperation.

Do you think he has the ability to be the organizing half Woodsie?
I don't know .... apart from the skill set req'd, it takes a very confident even egotistical personality to jump in and "run" a team ..... any talents he has or has not got in this area have not been forthcoming yet.... I repeat yet ...

Wonder how many of the WAGS knew about it and what they think ?? If you want to blow off steam go to a pub, do you really need to go to a strip joint ?? It's just asking for trouble because you know it's going to get blown up in the media.

I agree but they probably did beforehand and in smaller towns last drinks are called earlier. Probably continued onto the strip club after as that was open later? As for WAGS, depends on the trust level between them but unless they are nuns and have never seen a stripper during a hens night then who cares. More to the point if half wanted to go and the other half had no where else to go then they should all be good boys and go back to their rooms? The boys went out and they ended up there and behaved themselves, non-story imo. Probably told their partners when they got back. Bad look? Yeah in hind sight but then again i did some pretty stupid stuff when i was in my 20’s that i shake my head over thinking about it now. I’m sure all the other players in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne are all in bed by 8:30pm on weekends win lose or draw.

Asked whether the Sea Eagles squad had made it clear they don't want to play with Hastings for the remainder of the season, winger Brad Parker stressed: "That's not true. No, that's not true. But the Manly mouth piece who works in the media told us it was true...
Real story is Hastings is on a backend deal worth $330k this season that also has trigger clauses in it that activate 1st July - & he & a couple of others with similar deals have been aimed up to exit. All smoke & mirrors, with on this occasion Hastings trashed as an excuse.
This guy hates Manly. Also his hit rate on his tweeted dribble is below 50%. Take it with a grain of salt

The reality is that no player, apart from perhaps one or two, will openly come out to the media and say they don't want to play with Hastings, because that will make them sound precious.
I imagine Barrett knows the whole story and sees a toxic environment there with Hastings as it can divide the team if some players decide to take sides.

This guy hates Manly. Also his hit rate on his tweeted dribble is below 50%. Take it with a grain of salt

The second post in particular, TBaz stated in this press conference that they have been documenting and working with Hastings over the past 12 months to address his issues, including a sit down in Feb with RLPA, manager and staff. We copped the salary cap fine in late March. The issues were happening long before we were under cap pressure. It’s just convenient that we are trying to free up cap space that Jacko is being forced out.

This is getting messier and messier unfortunately. It seems like whilst obviously there have been issues caused potentially by Jackson, after the story leaked that the playing group went to Trent saying they wouldn't play with, this may not be completely true.

If so I think it may come back to bite us.

He's already been offered counselling and he didn't keep going. You can only do so much in these situations because at the end of the day all the good intentions in the world mean squat unless someone is committed to the process.
In the meantime let's just focus on what we can control and that means putting it together this Sunday

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10