Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
What scares me about this mess is what the hell are we doing at a strip club in Gladstone after the game. I hope that is made up because for the life off me we are not going to win any comps with the attitude that we need to be going there . Who's idea was that. Thats the last thing any high profile player after a game needs to be doing. How mentally strong are we.

We all know that Hastings has had his issues, i.e. he has form, but we also know there are two sides to every story. The problem is that right now there are different stories flying left, right and centre.

What the truth really is at this stage seems to be anyone's guess.

We have the entire team allegedly not wanting to play with Hastings, so the coach banishes Hastings to reserve grade. Then some players start coming out and contradicting all that and saying that they get along fine with him and wouldn't be against him being in the team.

The more that comes out about this, the more muddy the waters seem to be.

All I know for certain is that from a pure footballing POV.....by not playing Hastings who is, as a player at least, clearly a class above Croker and someone who's talent could help pull this team out from the mire its sinking into, we are cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Trent's coming out in the media and saying its not the players fault but yet Hastings has been moved on. Too much garbage has been covered up for too long and yes we are cutting of our nose to spite our face. Man I hope we sort this crap out.

Mate its getting more messy then my grandmothers sewing room . I had a feeling this would escalate. I wish to god that it was kept inhouse and dealt with quickly . How the fuhk did it get to this .

Dont suppose you wanna back Manly on Sunday.

This is looking horrific for our entire season.

The more and more that comes out has me wondering if its only certain parts of the team, or a certain part, that doesn't want Hastings there.

Given the fact that not once in his time at Manly has Hastings been given a fair shake at playing in the first grade halves, even now when off-field BS aside he is clearly the best player at the club for that job, I do wonder......

Draw your own conclusions there because I am not going to say right now what has been niggling at me with this. But you lot in here are far from being dummies so I think you might see what I am thinking.

I hope like hell I am thinking it all wrong.

You know, with all the sensitive feelings flying around......

Oddball would be a God.

kellysheroes2t1oddball.jpg

Look if it is DCE n having a problem with Hastings, then he should think this through dispassionately for his own benefit. Having Hastings at 5/8 will probably take a lot of the pressure off him and make him look better and give him a better shot at SOO. Supporting Croker over Hastings is making DCE work harder and look less effective. If DCE is having a problem with Hastings and this is why he hasnt played 5/8, then he needs to seriously think of burying the hatchet real quick because its reflecting poorly on both and in the long term if Manly continue to struggle with an inexperienced 5/8.

I'll be very curious to see how Hastings goes for Blacktown this weekend, especially if Manly lose.

Last edited:
Seems to be a bit more then players just saying "yeah I'm fine with him"

“That’s definitely not the case,” prop forward Addin Fonua-Blake said when asked whether Manly players had asked not to play with Hastings.

We’re all mates with Jackson and it’s unfortunate what happened to him.

“He’s a good bloke. To me, he’s a good bloke.

“I can’t speak on behalf of anyone else, [but] I’ve found him really good and it’s unfortunate what happened to him.”

It was a sentiment echoed by winger Brad Parker.

“I like Jackson, everyone likes Jackson, he’s a good kid. I’m not going to talk about it too much more,” Parker said.

“’Baz’ (Barrett) has talked to us and it’s not up to the playing [group] whatsoever, it’s all up to Baz.

“He’s talked about it and it’s his decision.

Also I would of thought Jackson is older then Parker but his calling him Kid

OK, after a bit of thought I am going to say what has been niggling at me with this whole thing.

Is Daly Cherry-Evans the reason why Jackson Hastings has never gotten a fair shake at playing 5/8 for Manly and the reason why he has been banished to reserve grade? Not only is DCE our highest paid and highest profile player, but he is the team captain and as captain he would have some influence not only with team selection, but he would have a big influence on who partners him in the halves. Barrett has come out and said that he coaches the side and he picks the side, but no coach worth his weight would do that without at least talking to the team captain. Barrett has captained teams before when he was playing and I am sure his coaches talked to him when it came to team selection.

Does the fact that DCE doesn't seem to get along with Hastings have the biggest influence on the fact that we are forced to play a reserve grade quality pivot as his 5/8 partner?

Like I've said a few times, by not playing Hastings at 5/8 we really are cutting off our nose to spite our face. And I just can't shake the feeling that DCE is the main reason for that.

Like I said before, I hope like hell I am wrong about that. But if DCE is the main reason why Hastings has not gotten a fair shake at playing in the halves and is now banished to reserve grade, then Cherry needs to take a good, long, hard look at himself in the mirror because he seems to be putting himself above the needs of the team.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope I am very wrong.

OK, after a bit of thought I am going to say what has been niggling at me with this whole thing.

Is Daly Cherry-Evans the reason why Jackson Hastings has never gotten a fair shake at playing 5/8 for Manly and the reason why he has been banished to reserve grade? Not only is DCE our highest paid and highest profile player, but he is the team captain and as captain he would have some influence not only with team selection, but he would have a big influence on who partners him in the halves. Barrett has come out and said that he coaches the side and he picks the side, but no coach worth his weight would do that without at least talking to the team captain. Barrett has captained teams before when he was playing and I am sure his coaches talked to him when it came to team selection.

Does the fact that DCE doesn't seem to get along with Hastings have the biggest influence on the fact that we are forced to play a reserve grade quality pivot as his 5/8 partner?

Like I've said a few times, by not playing Hastings at 5/8 we really are cutting off our nose to spite our face. And I just can't shake the feeling that DCE is the main reason for that.
That's been my take since the beginning of the year.
What I'd love to see is, if we lose on Sunday, give Jacko the 6 for the rest of the year and make it work. Barrett need to be in charge of the team not the Captain's yes boy.

So, I take the grandkids to Wet n Wild today and I’m only just home ( mainly cause it was pissing down on the Goldie), go to my phone, open up Silvertails and holy **** chicken little the ****ing Sky is falling in!!

Can someone tell me why this is such a big deal?

Who cares if , DCE doesn’t want to play with him, who cares if half the team do and half the team don’t.

The coach , rightly or wrongly has made a decision.

Oh sure the player can be pissed off about it , but that’s footy.

It’s a bit like me being about the 21st in line to play with the Moree High School University Shield side ( we won by the way ) in 1973,I’d have loved to play, my team mates liked me but guess what “ the coach didn’t think I fitted the makeup of the team he wanted”.

There were 5 of us that had played in the games leading up that missed the GF.

**** happens , I got over it!!

The unfortunate thing is that by coming out and saying that Hastings won't be considered for NRL selection for the rest of the year, Barrett really has backed himself into a corner as far as selection goes.

If he had said that he won't be considered "for now" or something that wasn't so permanent as the rest of the year, there might be a chance that this can be resolved and we could see Hastings in the Manly #6 jumper before too long. But Barrett's comments the other morning seemed to have killed that chance regardless what happens.

Like I said before, I hope like hell I am wrong about that. But if DCE is the main reason why Hastings has not gotten a fair shake at playing in the halves and is now banished to reserve grade, then Cherry needs to take a good, long, hard look at himself in the mirror because he seems to be putting himself above the needs of the team.

I refer back to what Trent said in his presser. ‘The issues date back one year and if it wasn’t Cherry it would have been someone else’.

I dont think you are wrong. DCE seems like a very arrogant man. Theres alot of people in the game that havent gotten along with him as mentioned previously.. and i think Jacko just stood up for himself. DCE wants to control everything as he may be threatened by Jacko running the show. Problem is.. DCE cant run the show by himself. He needs to realise that he needs an organising half next to him. It benefits his game and Manly's.

Barrett has shown little leadership buckling to what DCE wants. Pathetic all around. This isnt the Manly ive grown to know.

I dont think you are wrong. DCE seems like a very arrogant man. Theres alot of people in the game that havent gotten along with him as mentioned previously.. and i think Jacko just stood up for himself. DCE wants to control everything as he may be threatened by Jacko running the show. Problem is.. DCE cant run the show by himself. He needs to realise that he needs an organising half next to him. It benefits his game and Manly's.

Barrett has shown little leadership buckling to what DCE wants. Pathetic all around. This isnt the Manly ive grown to know.

That's a good point because its not just Hastings who has previous form. Cherry has a long list of Manly and Qld players who didn't like him either.

I said this a couple of weeks ago. It would be DCE for sure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10