Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
The leaked story on Monday is the issue here. Barrett said on Wednesday morning that this was a staff decision, not one that was brought about by players. Again yesterday players said the same thing (not that they would likely come out and publicly say otherwise). If it had come out that the reason for dropping Hastings was completely made by staff I don't think we would have seen this level of coverage.

Josh Massoud‏Verified account @josh_massoud
.@SeaEagles officials digging the club into a deeper hole over the Jackson Hastings debacle by trying to stop legitimate questions to team mates, who have been represented as not wanting to play with him. Smells like an attempt to get them to toe the company line.

So players contracted to Manly are being told not to answer questions about a particular topic within the club? Good one Josh, how is this digging a deeper hole? Some one is upset about not getting enough info to write an article about.

I’d be happy if the club initiated a complete media blackout for the next 48hrs for players to stop being asked questions not related to Sundays game.

He's already been offered counselling and he didn't keep going. You can only do so much in these situations because at the end of the day all the good intentions in the world mean squat unless someone is committed to the process.
In the meantime let's just focus on what we can control and that means putting it together this Sunday
In a world of spin, everything is up for grabs.
The counseling thing reminds me of a guy who I used to teach with. Brilliant teacher. Unorthodox methods. Unbelievably good results and unlocked creativity in kids like no one else.
The staid old farts in his department went after him in a big way. One of the options he was given was to attend counseling, which the poor bastard did, much to their chagrin.
They just kept trying things until they poked enough holes that he ended up on some sort of probation and finally got the chop because of his last indiscretion which was not putting the date on the board.
It was appalling to watch.
I am in no way saying that Hastings wouldn't have benefited from counseling, just that we are a world of spin now and knowing what to believe is well nigh impossible.

The leaked story on Monday is the issue here. Barrett said on Wednesday morning that this was a staff decision, not one that was brought about by players. Again yesterday players said the same thing (not that they would likely come out and publicly say otherwise). If it had come out that the reason for dropping Hastings was completely made by staff I don't think we would have seen this level of coverage.

Yep confirmed by players saying they don’t have a problem playing with Jacko so seems to be a management decision. But as with typical ‘breaking news scoops’ (betting scandal, peptides etc) Manly is thrown under the bus and no matter what we say we won’t be left alone.

You need to look at where the information that led to the initial story came from. I highly doubt Ritchie just plucked the story that the players went to Trent saying they wouldn’t play with Jackson from nowhere.

Whomever provide that info has made the situation 100x worse, as it doesn’t seem to be correct based on Barrett’s comments and what some of the players have said.

Good point. It it just me or has Lyall been out of the media for a while now...?
I read that Gorman returned from Christchurch last night and is being 'fully briefed' (before the club decides on sanctions to be imposed on DCE).
What Gorman was doing in Christchurch again is anyone's guess but probably to do with our forthcoming game there. Me thinks he should be here dealing with the task at hand, being dealing with the media and whatever it takes to win our next game.

You need to look at where the information that led to the initial story came from. I highly doubt Ritchie just plucked the story that the players went to Trent saying they wouldn’t play with Jackson from nowhere.

Whomever provide that info has made the situation 100x worse, as it doesn’t seem to be correct based on Barrett’s comments and what some of the players have said.
I have a funny feeling this is up Zorba's alley. @Reading the play stated that the manly mouthpiece made suggestions to media that players had the issue with Hastings. We don't need this sh-it.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Could it be that only DCE went to TB about not playing with Hastings but TB has conveniently said that 'senior players' spoke to him. After all, its DCE who's had the 'tiffs' with JH and now many of the players are saying they don't have an issue with him.

Irrespective of the background to the official decision, Hastings will be with Black Town and not in the Manly i st grade squad into the indefinite future and the general media should accept and acknowledge this reality as well instead of trying to manipulate and milk things and the subject way out of proportion .

The Mole‏ @9_Moley
This @JackoHastings saga is not over peeps - not over by a long shot. Stand by for more drama. Cruel what Manly have done to the kid. Not that Manly would ever lie to the NRL... #ohwait
The mole hates manly and hes super friendly with hastings. I wouldn't believe a word that douche says. He is also dave warners propaganda machine. If you listened to him you'd think warner was a saint and has never done anything wrong. The mole likes hastings because i'm nearly positive hastings feeds him crap. If hastings didnt have a famous old man he would have been out of league a while ago methinks

The only thing I have heard to the contrary to that @40 years an eagle is that allegedly Hastings' room mate Shaun Lane backs up Jackson's version of the hotel incident.

Whatever the truth is, the team that runs out onto the part needs to forget about it and just get on with winning football games......beginning with another demolition of Doesn't-matta.
Send Lane packing with him. When Tom and Jake have a problem that is when I will sit up and listen. Send these over payed reggies players to another club if they think Manly isn't treating them correctly.

In a world of spin, everything is up for grabs.
The counseling thing reminds me of a guy who I used to teach with. Brilliant teacher. Unorthodox methods. Unbelievably good results and unlocked creativity in kids like no one else.
The staid old farts in his department went after him in a big way. One of the options he was given was to attend counseling, which the poor bastard did, much to their chagrin.
They just kept trying things until they poked enough holes that he ended up on some sort of probation and finally got the chop because of his last indiscretion which was not putting the date on the board.
It was appalling to watch.
I am in no way saying that Hastings wouldn't have benefited from counseling, just that we are a world of spin now and knowing what to believe is well nigh impossible.

Agree Budgie, the truth is elusive when everyone with an opinion or agenda has a keyboard and a forum ...

One of the yardsticks I am using to try and make sense of this is, that too many players such as Siro, Jake, Tom, Api, AFB, etc have re-signed and more than once have said they are a close happy group and that Baz is a good coach and they want to play for him ...... weighed against the drama surrounding one player and his square peg round hole time at Manly ...

Whilst things may be strained

Could it be that only DCE went to TB about not playing with Hastings but TB has conveniently said that 'senior players' spoke to him. After all, its DCE who's had the 'tiffs' with JH and now many of the players are saying they don't have an issue with him.
Twitter had the 2 Turbos being in conflict with Jacko as well.

Baz did say that 4 players had been at odds with him, on 5 separate occasions.:cool:

Ultimately the Manly Coach choses his team and the Journos can bleet all they want :nod:

Last edited:

Mate everything Ritchie writes comes straight from Zorba - he's a ventriloquist dummy. What ever he puts out there is the official MWSE propaganda

They did and he stopped going. Barrett said that in the presser
Thanks mate didn't realise. I've always said he must be the biggest grade A wanker going round if he can't get a starting spot with the way Croker is playing. Its unfortunate to see such a talent go to waste because it's stuck on a morons body.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10