666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
So the Hodkinson rumours are getting louder!

All I hope is they’ve done their medical due diligence.

And , he can’t be worse than Green with a big plus in the goal kicking area.

But, I’m still of the opinion that the youngsters should get a go first.

So the Hodkinson rumours are getting louder!

All I hope is they’ve done their medical due diligence.

And , he can’t be worse than Green with a big plus in the goal kicking area.

But, I’m still of the opinion that the youngsters should get a go first.

The problem is, Manly will turf a young one (Hastings) to get Trent. Defeats the purpose with 3 other halves way to green to be anything other than a stop gap.

When Trent is injured again, and we all reasonably know he will be, the cupboard will be bare and Sirro or Api will have to fill in circa. 2017.

The first choice will be Trent, and I like him as a man - he really is everything Manly could ask for - tough, resilient, respectful, charitable and humble. It is purely because he is broken that I wish Manly not to sign him, or 2018 becomes a dice game.

I don’t think Hodkinson can kick goals any more. I could be wrong, but i seem to recall him handing the duties over.

If he can’t kick goals then ..

Well today's foxsport article even points out that :

"A chronic knee issue has limited the former NSW playmaker’s ability to train with the team and led to his falling out of favour."

So if it's true he's struggling to train, why would you want to invest any money on him? Hastings must have slept with every team member's wife / missus /partner for him to get flicked for Hodko.

Manly Sea Eagles interested in bringing Todd Carney to Brookvale
DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
37 minutes ago
MANLY could be set to offer Todd Carney an NRL lifeline after Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett refused to rule out making a play for the rugby league bad boy.

The Sea Eagles have not made any official contact with the 2010 Dally M Medallist but are studying a number of options, including signing Carney to fill a vacant halves spot next season.

Carney is yet to be registered by the NRL, another development Manly must consider.

The Sea Eagles missed signing Mitchell Pearce and granted five-eighth Blake Green an early release to join New Zealand Warriors.

Carney, 31, signed with Cairns-based Intrust Super Cup club, Northern Pride, in late October, rejecting a $1.2m, three-year offer from English club, Hull Kingston Rovers.

Carney has signed with Cairns side Northern Pride. Picture: Brendan Radke
Manly recruit Lachlan Croker has made an immediate impact at training since arriving at the club while Jackson Hastings is another candidate to partner Daly Cherry-Evans at the scrumbase next season.

For all Carney’s madness, Manly know of his unlimited natural talent.

Manly have about $800,000 free under the salary cap but Barrett won’t be rushed into any decision regarding his five-eighth position.

Barrett confirmed Manly’s interest in Carney.

“We haven’t talked to him at all — but we will keep our eye on him. There are things going on everywhere,” Barrett said.

“I am certainly aware that Todd is there but where he sits with the NRL, I’m not too sure.

“There are a fair few players being thrown at us at the moment. We have a number of options but we’re not in a hurry because we need to get the right fit.

“No one has their full squads back until after Christmas anyway. Lachlan Croker is going really well at the minute with Cherry. I have two very good young halves here in Croker and Jackson Hastings.”

Full circle for Hodkinson?
Several halves — including Brock Lamb and Trent Hodkinson — have been linked to Manly in the past fortnight.

Given the chopping and changing of players, only a few teams in the NRL have a settled spine at this time of year.

A string of off-field indiscretions prompted to the NRL to cancel Carney’s registration.

He was sacked by the Sharks in 2014 after a photo emerged of Carney urinating into his own mouth.

Carney’s Pride deal is said to be around $100,000 a season.

The former Raiders, Roosters and Sharks star played for Atherton Roosters in the local Carins competition during 2009.

I say no one option is bring Gutho home.

After that I actually think it might even be yes to Toddles.

I mean, consider Hodgko and those knees being a serious option for a little bit.

This is interesting:

“There are a fair few players being thrown at us at the moment. We have a number of options but we’re not in a hurry because we need to get the right fit.
But how because we can’t attract people to the club and it’s such doom and gloom!!! This runs contrary to everything being said here by people that kinda don’t actually know what’s really going on!

“No one has their full squads back until after Christmas anyway. Lachlan Croker is going really well at the minute with Cherry. I have two very good young halves here in Croker and Jackson Hastings.”

Same as when Corey Norman was linked to us, he's a world class gronk but our options are limited at the moment. Save the cash and roll the dice on hastings or croker, or roll the dice on a 3 time **** up Carney. Could be rocks or diamonds but the longer this drags out the more I reckon it'll be hastings. Time for this guy to step up I reckon.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8