666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
Im happy with Hodko. Great kicking game and a quality goal kicker. Obviously cant run much but Greeney himself didnt run alot either. He will be behind a better team also. For one year its fine. Very cheap and means we can pick up a proper long term replacement next season without being in a massive rush.

Why does no-one have any faith in Barrett to do the right thing? His job is on the line... not ours. Relax already. If Hastings has to go because of something we don’t know, so be it. I dare to say Trent Barrett has more clues about Rugby League halves than any of us on here. Give him a chance.
What a ridulous concept ,that someone who has played 1st grade , SOO and for his country would know more about running a rugby league team than the keyboard genii on silvertails.
Outrageous thing to say !!!

Twitter is suggesting Jacko Hastings might be the one to go.

Funny I thought he’d be the most likely to stay.

Hastings to the Bulldogs I’ve seen posted a few times.

Snake seemed to indicate a pretty strong hint that it is probably an existing half who will be on the move in the direct reference then that Hodgo most likely would be then recruited . Also Baz apparently being indifferent at the fan"s forum about Hastings prospects to fill Green's spot for next season . Quite a major development regardless if it is going to be Hastings . Even if Hastings still has not been fitting in well or ingratiating himself with the team set up or culture , it certainly is still or would be a big step moving him on , considering he was an assumed front runner for Green" s vacant spot . Maybe there is some other options at play or maybe Croker is killing it at pre season training because any intention of Hodko being a direct replacement for Green is going to be a great leap of faith .The only qualification of course if it is actually Hastings to be released .

I could be wrong, have been in the past, but I can't get excited about Hodko. I'd prefer to see us take a chance on a rookie with a view to a season or two ahead rather than just put in a mediocre season with a "solid" journeyman who squeaks us into the 8 as cannon fodder.

Just a quick montage on who we are pinning our hopes on to lead the way forward....
723bf1f84062f9bc73b53b16faf90d6c.jpeg
98c47c87fbdd5c2db3680b4724ddc463.jpeg
images (7).jpeg
unnamed (1).jpg
images (9).jpeg
images (8).jpeg

Hodkinson is contracted to the Knights for 2018...Lamb is contracted to the Knights for 2018. Which one are Newcastle prepared to release? Hodkinson.

There is a reason why...

He sucks. Not even the worst team in the competition want him.

So what do we do? Chase him?!?! How stupid.

Instead of surrendering meekly, we should be negotiating hard for Brock Lamb to sign for 2019 and eventually a release will be granted for 2018.
Agree with all due respect to Hodko and what he achieved .... he is sh*t. Just because we might get him cheap doesn't mean it's good value or a sensible use of money.

When are the glory day's coming back? sick of picking up the scraps off other teams. Last year we were told it was because we still had Snake and Matai on the books what is the excuse this off season? Hodkinson is a great guy but is busted as a footballer. Very poor from the club when we are told from the coaches mouth Green won't be released without replacement and it's obvious that was a lie and we are now sniffing the bottom of the barrel for a replacement. Some of the deals we have done lately I can see Hodkinson getting a 3 year deal oh well I guess Blacktown will have a strong team.

Looks like a warrior,bleeding and tough and refusing to give in.....The sort of guy you like to have fighting beside you.
That's the beauty of perspective.. You see a tough warrior. No doubt he once was. I see a liability. A broken worn man who's way past his use by date. If we do get him I'll be supporting him 100%. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

With all this talk about Hodkinson, the next time I see him run out on the footy field I will expect him to be using a zimmer frame.

We were after a top line established half/5/8. That appears that it will not happen. So alternatively we use one of the "untried/limited NRL experienced" halves we have on our books. Whoever is used they are unlikely to play all matches. We may end up using 3 or 4 players in that position due to injury or form.

I think Hodko is a good option for at least one year.... at the right price. We should be able to get him for half freight ($300,000) or less.

At least we know what we are getting. He will not be a negative (good person and unlikely to rock the boat). On the positive side he may be able to assist some of the younger guys transition to main stream NRL 5/8's and fill the gap we have now.

• December 7, 2017 8:36am
  • by STAFF WRITERS
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
MANLY are considering handing Trent Hodkinson a career lifeline in what could be a financial coup for the club.

At the bottom of the pecking order at Newcastle, it’s understood the Knights wouldn’t stand in Hodkinson’s way if he was to secure an opportunity at a rival club.

Enter the Sea Eagles.

After releasing Blake Green to the Warriors and missing out on Mitchell Pearce, Trent Barrett is in need of a another playmaker before the 2018 season gets underway.

“Manly are seriously considering offering him a one year deal,” Ryan said.

“Trent is on $600,000 a season. Already a part of that has been paid by Newcastle.

“I’m hearing that if Manly can get him for $200,000 with Newcastle footing the rest of the bill, then they’re a serious chance of bringing him back home to the Sea Eagles.”

Sitting behind emerging playmakers Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger, Hodkinson has been shopped to rivals for months.

A chronic knee issue has limited the former NSW playmaker’s ability to train with the team and led to his falling out of favour.

48b780cfe0697225b8729379b429d18e

Trent Hodkinson of the Knights in action.Source: Getty Images
Keen to continue his career, a return to the club he started his career with back in 2010 could be his last chance.

“I don’t think it’s any secret that if the Knights could offload him, they’d be happy to do so,” Ryan said.

The Sea Eagles have around $800,000 to play with for 2018 meaning if they can net Hodkinson on a budget deal, they’ll be able to stay active in the market.

Catch the latest rugby league news in Media Watch!

Agree. If we are releasing a player (maybe hastings) then hodko will just take his place and $ out of the salary cap. Which leaves us with another position in our squad and a good half mil to buy a gun forward. I dont know why all the hate for hodko , only a few yrs ago he was origin half and playing origin. He's just like green but a better defender and kicks goals and is a gun field goal kicker, if anything he's an upgrade on green

And the media are reporting we could get hodko for as little as 200k. Bargain buy of the year if it pays off. If it doesn't then he's hardly broken the bank. We get hodko and spend the spare 500k on another player to round out our squad.

Ah well, seem to recall you calling people dillusional last year when they were excited about Uate. That turned out alright.

Maybe, just maybe, you're wrong (again) and the recruitment/coaching staff are right (again).
I agree. I know nothing.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10