666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/36d05e54b5a47df27b89a8e964ee8401

Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman told The Daily Telegraph the meeting with Hodkinson was “productive”, but no formal offer was tabled.

“We are in no rush to fill the final position in our roster, as we want to get it right” Gorman said.

“We have a few options at five-eighth, including Trent, and we will go through the process.”

Good,either save the money , buy Lamb or use the money for a forward.

So with 700-800K available to buy Dogrooter, we need to release a player to buy a reserve grade halfback from Newcastle?

Just asking Snake, Why do we have to release a player if we have 850,000 in the kitty

Because if the rumours are true, Hastings is on the nose with the squad anyway, and signing Hodkinson would partially block his path to a crack at first grade.

We would still have most of the cap space available to sign other players as needed.

We are releasing a player (going to keep it confidential out of respect but you will hear about it in the next couple of days) so it's pretty certain that Hodkinson will be at Manly in 2018.
I don’t know but I really hope it is NOT Hastings .i have no inside sauce etc but the little I saw of him when he got a go in 1st grade he looked pretty good and was where he was supposed to be ,if it’s Cullen ok good luck Cameron .unless there is something we don’t know about Hastings I think he needs to be given an opportunity.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/36d05e54b5a47df27b89a8e964ee8401

Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman told The Daily Telegraph the meeting with Hodkinson was “productive”, but no formal offer was tabled.

“We are in no rush to fill the final position in our roster, as we want to get it right” Gorman said.

“We have a few options at five-eighth, including Trent, and we will go through the process.”

So we don't need to kill anyone off? Or is it Manly magic again

Sorry snake usually like your scoops but Trent H is not the answer we need. This is a desperation buy and I don't like it don't think this is the right decision but thanks for the news anyway.

Is the player leaving a forward or other position?
No need to apologise; I totally agree.

No we didn't need to release the player for financial reasons.

I understand the hidden context, but there was no talk of releasing Hastings to accommodate Dogboy.

Kicking a y2k with some modicum of ability to the curb, for an albeit very nice, but very disabled, Trent H is just madness.

Hastings hasn't even been given a chance yet, only came off the bench a few times to play hooker. He could easily do the role green was doing given time to build combinations and playing every week at 5/8. Haven't seen any of crocker but he had big wraps on him at canberra. Then there is Trent who injury free could also do the job green was doing. If he comes cheap for 1 year deal i wouldn't be against it.

Green wasn't a world beater. He was good at what he was brought in to do. Organise the forwards and help dce with kicking duties and a second point of attack . He wasn't dangerous with th ball and missed a few tackles but was a good foil for dce and did a pretty good good.

I think anyone of the 3 players mentioned above have the same talent to fill the role.

I actually have watched a lot of hastings and trent and hastings is just a younger clone.They both are not that dangerous with the ball. Wont tear an opposition apart and rack up heaps of try assists. They both have good select long passing, and the occasional dummy and run. Both big talkers and good at directing forwards. Both excellent goal kickers.

Next year i would keep an eye on Brock Lamb as will be off contract and he has the above attributes but a little more skill with ball in hand and better running game

Why does no-one have any faith in Barrett to do the right thing? His job is on the line... not ours. Relax already. If Hastings has to go because of something we don’t know, so be it. I dare to say Trent Barrett has more clues about Rugby League halves than any of us on here. Give him a chance.

@Snake So with the release of the current player that would mean that we would have a place left in our 30 man squad given Hodko (if he signs) would have simply taken Green’s spot. Correct, mate?

Green v Hodkinson in 2017 AVG.
Points - 0.5 v 5.71
Line breaks - 0.08 v 0.12
Line break assists - 0.46 v 0.29
Try assists - 0.42 v 0.35
Tackles - 14.33 v 17.12
Missed tackles - 1.88 v 3.06
Tackle breaks - 0.46 v 0.35
Kicks - 8.04 v 5.18

When you consider one player was in a spoon team and the other was a chance at top 4, it looks like Trent will hold his own.

All he needs to do is replace Green. Green wasn't a world beater. He did the basics and did them well. If Hodkinson can stay injury free and the Knights pick up most of his tab I'm ok with it.
I say imo trent a good addition. The only worries i have is he played behind a huge dogs pack for years was made to look good and what his repeat set stats like.
He ticks 2 areas we struggle with goalkicking and that edge in defence.
But i dont know are we better to take punt on jacko hope he finally realises his potential.

@Snake So with the release of the current player that would mean that we would have a place left in our 30 man squad given Hodko (if he signs) would have simply taken Green’s spot. Correct, mate?
If Hodkinson signs, he will take Green's spot so yeah there would be another spot available in the top 30.

If Baz isn't putting him in, there's a reason for it. We've all seen he has ability. There's obviously something else to it.
I'll let Baz make that call cause ultimately he knows Hastings better than any person on silvertails.

I think people are underestimating Hodkinson. He played ok in a spoon team. He is a former origin player. He's in ressies for the same reasons Uate was. Time will tell though. If he's coming back to the Eagles, he'll have my support.
There rumours on hastings again rubbing players the wrong way. He seems a bit of a lonier on social media not any other players with him unlike dylan, api, aku, siro.
Trent be fine as long as he fit himself and dce player together at sunshine coast

I say we will release a player as we will still add another player as well as Hodko. We still have cash to burn after the Knights pay most of Trents concract. We should at least have 500k left after signing Trent and if we release a player on say 200k we will have 700k to buy a gun forward

There rumours on hastings again rubbing players the wrong way. He seems a bit of a lonier on social media not any other players with him unlike dylan, api, aku, siro.
Trent be fine as long as he fit himself and dce player together at sunshine coast

If this is true it's better for him and the squad for him to go somewhere that's a better fit. He won't play his best footy if he's unhappy, and he'll just drag down team morale.

I say we will release a player as we will still add another player as well as Hodko. We still have cash to burn after the Knights pay most of Trents concract. We should at least have 500k left after signing Trent and if we release a player on say 200k we will have 700k to buy a gun forward

I’m with you in thinking that they’ll bring someone of greater note than our signings thus far. If Hodko comes and we bring in a decent forward that will look slightly better!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11