666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
No point investing even a year in the likes of hodko and Carney won't be approved by the NRL.
Croker was bought as a contingency if we didn't get Pearce. If we have 800 - 900k I'd rather see us throw that at 2 pigs or some backrow depth
I can see the point your are trying to make but my concern with Crocker is that he is unproven . He is not an established NRL half

Baz, Cliffy, Alan Thompson are all impressed by what Crocker is doing.:clap:

Give a young player a chance to shine on the NRL stage :nod:
I hope he can shine for us . His NRL experience is one game for the Raiders back in 2016 . Our preferred option was a rep halfback to steer our team and assist DCE . Big shoes to fill for a very inexperienced player

No point investing even a year in the likes of hodko and Carney won't be approved by the NRL.
Croker was bought as a contingency if we didn't get Pearce. If we have 800 - 900k I'd rather see us throw that at 2 pigs or some backrow depth
Well the Croker PR machine is in full swing to warm up the faithful, so you might be right. We only signed him on a 12 month deal so maybe it was an insurance policy for Pearce - if it doesn't work no big deal we just move him on. Sezer and Austin played every game this year I think, so he didn't get much of an opportunity in the NRL to see if he has developed any potential.

I'd say Carney will be the last straw for me.

I am very disillusioned at what the club has become and like @bones and @CAMBO and plenty of others I think I will just fade into the ether if they announce him as a signing.

The good thing is Toddles wont register a contract for this 5 Star Clown.

Can we agree to call “croker” “Crocker”?

A few people already are, and that augurs well for the kid, if we follow the great tradition of not being able to spell our best players’ names.

Only one way to become one
Just like playing lotto with this one . You have to be in it to win it but as with lotto he seems long odds to take control and responsibility and compete with the likes of Pearce and Cronk

Foran was something special in 2009, however he hasn't really kicked on since 2014, perhaps his intensity just took it's toll on his body.
I agree. I remember talking with mates back then and we said 'this guy won't last till he's 33/34 because he plays so rugged and loves the contact'. It appears we may have been on the mark.

In
The runs on the Greenturd vs Manly scoreboard tend to suggest that we wouldn't stand a chance.

We could try to sign the NRL's golden boy Scam Smith and Greenturd would find a way to block it.
Infact we are likely to cop a fine or an extension of the salary cap investigation sham for even trying !
Down with Greenburg,the Mr Magoo of the NRL

I'd say Carney will be the last straw for me.

I am very disillusioned at what the club has become and like @bones and @CAMBO and plenty of others I think I will just fade into the ether if they announce him as a signing.

The good thing is Toddles wont register a contract for this 5 Star Clown.
So what do we do with Carney . Do you suggest we hang him ?

Not a negative for Crocker to be stuck behind Austin for the Raiders No 6 , completely overcoming his previous injuries would be a major issue . Seems to be doing as much as he can to gain a crack for the Manly 6 position . Noticeable that there seems quite limited attention on Hastings progress to date .Carney still has indicated a willingness to return to the N R L if an opportunity arises and i guess that it would be for others to determine if he is again suited to be in the N R L . Probably depends on and will just have to wait and see on who is apparantly going to be released from their Manly contract and if it is a half .

Cairns post .....
Northern Pride back NRL interest in Todd Carney

Northern Pride chairman Tony Williamson says it would “hurt” to lose prized recruit Todd Carney before the QRL season starts but the club won’t stand in his way should an NRL team come calling.

Manly are in the hunt to find a suitable playmaker to work alongside Daly Cherry-Evans after releasing Blake Green to the Warriors and missing out on Mitchell Pearce.

While Manly coach Trent Barrett has not ruled out making a play for the Pride’s new half back, Williamson said he believed the Sea Eagles were most likely interested in out-of-favour Newcastle Knight Trent Hodkinson, with whom Carney shares a manager.

“I’ve talked to Todd and I’m confident that it’s more about Hodkinson,” Williamson said late yesterday afternoon.

“It would hurt (to lose him) but we’ve got to welcome this. Because it’s not about us, it’s about Todd Carney going to the next level.

“We are a pathway club. If we can play a role in getting Todd Carney back to the NRL, we’ve done our job.”

Carney’s manager David Riolo said the chances of his client moving to Brookvale before the start of the season were slim.

“I don’t think it’ll happen, mate and I haven’t heard from him (Barrett),” Riolo said.

“I’m not really sure why people are talking about it.”

Despite signing a three-year deal with the Pride, CEO Greg Dowling said last month he expected Carney to return to the NRL before his playing days were done.

“I’d like to see him back in the NRL. I think he has a lot to offer,” Dowling said.

“I’ll be surprised if he isn’t there at the end of the year.”

Williamson said Carney had already made a big impression on the club, mentoring the Pride’s talented young halves this preseason.

“If it happens, it just opens the door for another kid to go along,” Williamson said.

“There are some outstanding halfbacks running around.

“Todd’s done everything right and he’s a complete professional in the way he conducts himself. Just his habits, even though he hasn’t had the chance to show what he can do on the field, he’s made a big difference already.”

If Carney stays this season, Williamson said it wouldn’t be long before the former Dally M medallist was back in the national competition.

“We sort of half expect it’ll happen next year when people see him on the field,” he said.

I must say I’d rather Carney than Hodkinson.

Carney will have a lot to prove , and let’s face it he’s been dumb but unlike the Donkeys prize signing, he hasn’t been jailed.
You are right feathered friend he has a lot to prove.
He reportedly knocked back a $1.2 million offer to join Tim Sheens’ Hull KR in favour of the Pride’s $100,000 package and the opportunity to get back in the NRL .

You are right feathered friend he has a lot to prove.
He reportedly knocked back a $1.2 million offer to join Tim Sheens’ Hull KR in favour of the Pride’s $100,000 package and the opportunity to get back in the NRL .

I’m getting on the #toddbandwagon now, the more I think of it the more I think it could work.

Give him 12 months with an option.

Gives the youngsters another twelve months to shine.

Could be a win/win AND he kicks goals.

Yeah Carney is a better option than Hodko. At least Carneys knees still work unlike hodko. He is also a decent goal kicker solving that issue.

Surely at 31 he has grown up.

I still think Croker is the front runner. Baz has mentioned him on multiple occasions and the club has been marketing him.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10