2017 Starting Line Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This really is part one of the rebuild, 2018 with an increased salary cap and no Skivvy / Snake payments I'd suggest we will be in the market for a top quality Prop and a strike centre, two players I think we are short of to be ultra competitive in 2017.

BUT, I do think we will be better, trouble is I see some teams around us this year being better as well, so I'm still sticking with my 10th position at this stage.
We definately have a side that's capable of finishing on either end of the ladder, if players such as Uate, Sironen and lane come good we could finish 5th-6th (personally I feel we'll finish around here but too early to tell atm) however if a majority of em turn out to be flops than as you said, we will finish at around that 9th-11th mark.

Overall though this side can't go worse than 2016's injury ravaged one, that's for sure. In 2017 we have a real quality 5/8, quality replacements for Lyon, snake and Matai in Walker, Trbojevic and either Kelly, Locke or Taufua. As I always say 2016's side was filled up with injury replacements so we have to be a whole lot better than that, especially with all the potential some of these recruits have. Nevertheless we're in for an interesting season and that's something we can all agree on

Heard a rumour that DCE is shifting to 5/8 which makes no sense if it is true.
Yeah Green has said his role is to be the organiser DCE is to play what's in front of him. What does the number on the back matter these days? 2011 excepted DCE has always done more ball running, then game managing. Id be surprised if he dosent have 7 on his back, but truth be told, it wouldn't change a thing.

Yeah, considering all the change in recent years I feel we are actually in a rather good situation. Some extremely good players in this squad, it could have been much worse and we are lucky we aren't in the same position Newcastle are in
Agree mate, I have a friend who's a Brisbane Lions supporter and he's absolutely despondent on how the club has flounded with their recruitment over the past 5 years. This could've been us.

Hope being the operative word!

In Barrett's short time at the club he has seen and been a part of Bozo walking in and saying to about 30 players "pack your bag, you are the weakest link" including a club favourite in good form (Ferris).

I don't think he is under any illusion that the credo is perform or be gone.

Yeah Green has said his role is to be the organiser DCE is to play what's in front of him. What does the number on the back matter these days? 2011 excepted DCE has always done more ball running, then game managing. Id be surprised if he dosent have 7 on his back, but truth be told, it wouldn't change a thing.

Thurston has been doing it for years.

Personally I don't think Stewart and Matai will play next year. Just a matter of sorting money. Thats why Taufua is still hanging around waiting if he is needed pending the Stewart situation and if Locke is signed or not.
Also I still think once Matai's money is free my guess is that we'll have a crack at a top line prop.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua / Kevin Locke
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly
5. Akulia Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evens
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. ???? (Still to sign)
11. Martin Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Willis Meehan
17. Brenton Lawrence / Nate Myles
I Spoke to a key person within the club and he said Stewart and Matai won't be playing at all, said Our side is very much lacking leadership as mostly inexperienced
I'd say it will be a building year and we have an exciting future if we are prepared to wait that long

• 📚
Reactions: Ben
I bought the RLW summer review. our line up compared to others is not a top 8 roster. The imminent lose of snake and Stevie leaves some huge wholes experience and talent.
Kevin Locke may simply have to work out given lack of depth out wide now. its another rebuild year now up to year 3 .......

I bought the RLW summer review. our line up compared to others is not a top 8 roster. The imminent lose of snake and Stevie leaves some huge wholes experience and talent.
Kevin Locke may simply have to work out given lack of depth out wide now. its another rebuild year now up to year 3 .......
Our roster was top 8 last year and it has only improved this year. Injuries are the reason for the last 2 years of failure. And we have plenty of depth in the backs. Parker, Slaimankhel, Locke, Wright, Wright, Wright. We've got a better roster than these teams IMO. Knights, Dragons, Souths, Tigers, Parra, Bulldogs, Warriors and the Roosters.

We are not a top 8 team , nor is green a first class 5/8 , green is a consistent competent first grader, he is not a match winner aka the the first class 5/8 like maloney, milford , thurston/morgan, etc. i believe our so called depth is essentially like spare parts from the wreckers. all i hope is our 2017 side play with more, aggression, passion and pride which should mean the 2nd half catapult loss to penrith and other losses could be avoided

Our roster was top 8 last year and it has only improved this year. Injuries are the reason for the last 2 years of failure. And we have plenty of depth in the backs. Parker, Slaimankhel, Locke, Wright, Wright, Wright. We've got a better roster than these teams IMO. Knights, Dragons, Souths, Tigers, Parra, Bulldogs, Warriors and the Roosters.
no way better than parra, warriors (spine) , dogs. Its a rebuild year we have some good young players but short a centre and class backrower.

We are not a top 8 team , nor is green a first class 5/8 , green is a consistent competent first grader, he is not a match winner aka the the first class 5/8 like maloney, milford , thurston/morgan, etc. i believe our so called depth is essentially like spare parts from the wreckers. all i hope is our 2017 side play with more, aggression, passion and pride which should mean the 2nd half catapult loss to penrith and other losses could be avoided
DCE is your match winner, green is the organiser. We definately are a top 8 side. Taupau, Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Lussick, DCE, Green, Uate (if form returns), Siro could be a beauty of a signing should he get his confidence up and play the way he plays and Dylan walker as well, who will almost certainly improve back at centre. It's a great side to build at least a little into what will be our next era. 2018, after some big offseason recruits, should be the year we become serious side in the comp, 6th in 2017 for mine.

Also as turbo stated, 2016's side was probably capable of making the 8, if only we had a good injury run, however that was not the case although now we've only added to this side other than losing Lyon, Skivy and likely snake, who were past their peaks. Not bad replacements for them either so I'm confident in 2017

no way better than parra, warriors (spine) , dogs. Its a rebuild year we have some good young players but short a centre and class backrower.
Definately better than them, have you seen their signings, they've come in the droves although who would be happy with Auva (poor player), Hoffman (mentally weak, never been good), Vave (lazy defender, short time on field), Pritchard (old, just out of super league), Nathan Brown (grub, will be constantly suspended, wouldn't trust him outside of football), will smith (no good, not good at all). I've probably missed a few but they are all as bad as the others.

I Spoke to a key person within the club and he said Stewart and Matai won't be playing at all, said Our side is very much lacking leadership as mostly inexperienced
I'd say it will be a building year and we have an exciting future if we are prepared to wait that long

As much as I've always loved Stewart and Matai, for the club to fast track its plan we really can't have them running around next year. Im happy to watch this tree grow.

Last edited:
As much as I've always loved Stewart and Matai, for the club to fast track its plan we really can't have them running around next year. Im happy to to watch this tree grow.

They won't be, they'll be on the sidelines taking up 1.4 million in cap space.

I don't begrudge them that but no chance of the NRL taking that into account, ok for " the darlings" to have a deal done but no this is Manly so you can go and get ****ed!!

DCE is your match winner, green is the organiser. We definately are a top 8 side. Taupau, Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Lussick, DCE, Green, Uate (if form returns), Siro could be a beauty of a signing should he get his confidence up and play the way he plays and Dylan walker as well, who will almost certainly improve back at centre. It's a great side to build at least a little into what will be our next era. 2018, after some big offseason recruits, should be the year we become serious side in the comp, 6th in 2017 for mine.

Also as turbo stated, 2016's side was probably capable of making the 8, if only we had a good injury run, however that was not the case although now we've only added to this side other than losing Lyon, Skivy and likely snake, who were past their peaks. Not bad replacements for them either so I'm confident in 2017

You are a fool coupled to that you quote your own alter nickname in your posts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8