2017 Starting Line Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Check out the MWSE squad status pinned thread. SMH said he is at Manly until at least the end of 2017. Do you really think a guy who has played 100 1st grade games in his 5 year career would just be sticking around Manly in the hope that he could pick up some scraps?? His manager would have signed him a deal elsewhere months ago.
I bought the RLW summer review. our line up compared to others is not a top 8 roster. The imminent lose of snake and Stevie leaves some huge wholes experience and talent.
Kevin Locke may simply have to work out given lack of depth out wide now. its another rebuild year now up to year 3 .......
no such thing as a rebuild year theirs plenty of talent in that manly squad ... They all have to put in & play as a team .. This years team beat cronulla & would be better than a 50% chance anytime they play them .. Even down on troops most games we werent losing we were beating ourselves .. The experts this year had us equal 2nd on the betting .. Their is nothing wrong with our squad it is a very good one.. I myself have have made excuses for nearly every loss but next year we start on level terms & i expect to be in every game we play .. We have some very good players who all need to perform ..

Heard a rumour that DCE is shifting to 5/8 which makes no sense if it is true.
Call it half - 5/8 - or simply first reciever...his positional tag will have no effect on where he plays...predominantly on the right hand side of the ruck, occasionally floating to the left....the position on paper is irrelevant.

Call it half - 5/8 - or simply first reciever...his positional tag will have no effect on where he plays...predominantly on the right hand side of the ruck, occasionally floating to the left....the position on paper is irrelevant.
Agree, just look at Bunji Marshalls career.

I Spoke to a key person within the club and he said Stewart and Matai won't be playing at all, said Our side is very much lacking leadership as mostly inexperienced
I'd say it will be a building year and we have an exciting future if we are prepared to wait that long
Hey, we have Myles as "leadership".......

I know I'm being optimistic .... but hey that's the new me ... glass overflowing ...

DCE is your match winner, green is the organiser. We definately are a top 8 side. Taupau, Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Lussick, DCE, Green, Uate (if form returns), Siro could be a beauty of a signing should he get his confidence up and play the way he plays and Dylan walker as well, who will almost certainly improve back at centre. It's a great side to build at least a little into what will be our next era. 2018, after some big offseason recruits, should be the year we become serious side in the comp, 6th in 2017 for mine.

Also as turbo stated, 2016's side was probably capable of making the 8, if only we had a good injury run, however that was not the case although now we've only added to this side other than losing Lyon, Skivy and likely snake, who were past their peaks. Not bad replacements for them either so I'm confident in 2017
We started to build nicely when we were 4/4 last year. Then those 4 x 5 day turnarounds occured. 3 games in 11 days, I remember. We simply never recovered from that. Combine it with the Walker experiment, no snake or Matai and Lyon was injured a lot too. Plus no Foz who had been there for a long time. I can see us surprizing a few people in '17. We have some young punters that could potentially go real good (Brian Kelly, Omar, Locke, Siro, Hoppa, Meehan) so I say let's wait and see how we shape up. I think there are clubs who are on the decline and we are not one of them. I expect the broncos (not enough go forward) and cows (best players getting old and losing Tamou) to struggle in comparison to recent years. Sharks will have the GF hangover and losing Ennis is a major loss. Melb will no doubt be competitive but I think next year is maybe their last near the top as Cam Smith retires. Calling it early but I see the following sides to be up there next year.. Panthers, Raiders, Roosters (my smokie for top 4), titans (hayne to come good and Ash Taylor to have a huge year), melb (last one in the top 8 for a few years to come) and then us... building nicely to come in around 7th 8th in '17 and then top 4 in '19. Win the flag in 2020!

I think this will be our starting foreward lineup ... I'm not saying its who I would pick but who I believe will be picked ... I'm not sure who will be given the No 9 but who ever misses wont be on the bench (I don't think)

Lussick

Parcell/Api

Myles

Tapau

Lane

Trbojevic

L Brown

Fanua-Blake

Sironen

Lawrence

I think this will be our starting foreward lineup ... I'm not saying its who I would pick but who I believe will be picked ... I'm not sure who will be given the No 9 but who ever misses wont be on the bench (I don't think)

Lussick

Parcell/Api

Myles

Tapau

Lane

Trbojevic

L Brown

Fanua-Blake

Sironen

Lawrence
On what grounds do people have L Brown on our top 17 . Is it form , Is it reputation ? IMO this so called NZ international has to prove his worth in our trials just like our other new recruits .

Last edited:
As I see it at this stage, Turbo, Taufua, Walker, Kelly, Uate (or Omar), Green, DCE, Lussick, Parcell, Jake T., Taupau, AFB, Lane...bench Api, Lawrence, Myles (or Sironen), Hopoate (or Brown).

as I said feathered friend, I think its who I think will be picked by BOZO & his underling, not necessarily the lineup I would pick

Everybody is keen to give Kelly the centre spot sight unseen. He may get it, but don't discount Parker, he will give it a good shake.

If they are paying Kelly almost $200k a season over the next few (and Parker is likely on 80k), I'm not sure they'd plan to have Park in first grade over Kelly, and despite that, isn't Kelly a centre, and Parker a winger, so why are we saying it's one or the other?

If you want Parker, best compare him with Uate, Taufua or Slaimankhel, and even then, I'd consider Uate / Taufua the locks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7