2017 Starting Line Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
don't trust those retention/recruitment articles from fox or zero tackle, they contradict each other and are wrong in many cases

seriously? a fully fit snake wont make a difference. He had half a bad season last year and this was after he was told he wont be needed and then picked up an injury. Some of fans are quick to write off our legends. The amount of stick Snake has got in the last 6 months is amazing.
Yeah i dunno how serious he is to say that .. A fully fit snake is what we really need more than anything else ..

The make up of the team really does depend on what happens with Snake and Skivy.

Assuming that neither will be in the team in 2017 for one reason or another, my YART would be:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Kevin Locke (if we sign him) / Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Jorge Taufua (if we sign Locke) / Brian Kelly
WG - Akuila Uate
FE - Blake Green
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (vc)
PR - Darcy Lussick (vc)
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
SR - Curtis Sironen
SR - Martin Taupau
LK - Jake Trbojevic (c)

Res - Nate Myles, Brenton Lawrence, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane

Reggies - Lewis Brown, Brad Parker, Billy Bainbridge, Matthew Wright, Frank Winterstein, Willis Meehan, Jamil Hopoate, Cameron Cullen.

I have a feeling that we're only going to sign Locke if either or neither Snake or Skivy are there, otherwise it might impact on the cap depending on his price. And despite what I've put, I have a feeling that we're going to go with 2 hookers again (and it wouldn't surprise to see TB start Api) with Brown as the bench utility / fill-in.

Jake will probably captain the side, but I'd like to see Darcy Lussick given a leadership role as co-vice captain with DCE. That would see him take on more responsibility and he might not give away so many penalties or try for so many low percentage big hits that led to a fair few missed tackles. He was better in that department this year, but could still definitely improve.

With or without Snake and/or Skivy, while I don't think we can win the premiership in 2017 with the squad we currently have (but don't count us out), we can definitely get back to playing finals footy again.

The make up of the team really does depend on what happens with Snake and Skivy.

Assuming that neither will be in the team in 2017 for one reason or another, my YART would be:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Kevin Locke (if we sign him) / Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Jorge Taufua (if we sign Locke) / Brian Kelly
WG - Akuila Uate
FE - Blake Green
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (vc)
PR - Darcy Lussick (vc)
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
SR - Curtis Sironen
SR - Martin Taupau
LK - Jake Trbojevic (c)

Res - Nate Myles, Brenton Lawrence, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane

Reggies - Lewis Brown, Brad Parker, Billy Bainbridge, Matthew Wright, Frank Winterstein, Willis Meehan, Jamil Hopoate, Cameron Cullen.

I have a feeling that we're only going to sign Locke if either or neither Snake or Skivy are there, otherwise it might impact on the cap depending on his price. And despite what I've put, I have a feeling that we're going to go with 2 hookers again (and it wouldn't surprise to see TB start Api) with Brown as the bench utility / fill-in.

Jake will probably captain the side, but I'd like to see Darcy Lussick given a leadership role as co-vice captain with DCE. That would see him take on more responsibility and he might not give away so many penalties or try for so many low percentage big hits that led to a fair few missed tackles. He was better in that department this year, but could still definitely improve.

With or without Snake and/or Skivy, while I don't think we can win the premiership in 2017 with the squad we currently have (but don't count us out), we can definitely get back to playing finals footy again.

One thing's guaranteed,

Lewis Brown won't be in Reggies.

One thing's guaranteed,

Yeah, he'll be on the bench for sure, as will Myles.

I'm not a fan of either; however, if both don't perform I can see them being dropped - Barrett has a lot on the line this year and he did show last year that he isn't afraid to make changes if people aren't performing.

We have the depth to bring people up such as Jamil, Meehan, Lane, Amone (in time) etc.

The team I expect to run out (not my choice, but what I think will happen):
1. T Trbojevic
2. Uate (my choice: Omar S)
3. Walker
4. Kelly
5. Tafua
6. Green
7. DCE
8. Lussick
9. Koroisau (my choice: Parcell)
10. AFB
11. Tapau
12. Sironen
13. J Trbojevic
-------------------------
14. Brown (my choice: J Hopoate)
15. Myles (my choice for now only because I think Meehan needs time in reggies)
16. Lane
17. Lawrence
-------------------------
18. Koroisau / Parcell (I really want Parcell in the 9 but I don't think they will start him and won't have him and Brown on the bench together)
19. Meehan
20. Cullen
21. Parker
22. Bainbridge
23. Locke
24. Winterstein (would prefer Amone in the top 25)
25. M Wright

One thing's guaranteed,

Don't put your caravan on it Mark, Barrett isn't a rookie anymore and will have learnt the hard way that coaching isn't a gig for the sentimental. He knows his coaching career depends on performance.

Brown and Myles will be given first opportunity but given the alternatives and depth we have this year (unlike last year) he won't persist. And Bozo will have taught him one thing with Buhrer, nobody is safe.

The backs will be a case of which contenders want it the most. Preseason attitude and trial form will decide the outcome not names.

Don't put your caravan on it Mark, Barrett isn't a rookie anymore and will have learnt the hard way that coaching isn't a gig for the sentimental. He knows his coaching career depends on performance.

Brown and Myles will be given first opportunity but given the alternatives and depth we have this year (unlike last year) he won't persist. And Bozo will have taught him one thing with Buhrer, nobody is safe.

The backs will be a case of which contenders want it the most. Preseason attitude and trial form will decide the outcome not names.

If that actually happens he will succeed as a coach , every position should just be the best man available, names mean nothing !!

So only guys left from the successful era are DCE, Jorge and Lawrence. Wow think about that for a minute and you'll know why we've been struggling. The transition has been painful. Hopefully a new era is dawning.

Hope being the operative word!

So only guys left from the successful era are DCE, Jorge and Lawrence. Wow think about that for a minute and you'll know why we've been struggling. The transition has been painful. Hopefully a new era is dawning.
Yeah, considering all the change in recent years I feel we are actually in a rather good situation. Some extremely good players in this squad, it could have been much worse and we are lucky we aren't in the same position Newcastle are in

This really is part one of the rebuild, 2018 with an increased salary cap and no Skivvy / Snake payments I'd suggest we will be in the market for a top quality Prop and a strike centre, two players I think we are short of to be ultra competitive in 2017.

BUT, I do think we will be better, trouble is I see some teams around us this year being better as well, so I'm still sticking with my 10th position at this stage.

One thing's guaranteed,

He would be if I had anything to do with it......when I win X-Lotto tonight (mental note: buy a lotto ticket this arvo), I'll buy the club from the Penn's and instruct Barrett that Brown's on Wolfman 2015 conditions (no first grade unless we're desparate).

As owner I'd also kick ZtH to the curb and welcome Tooves back to the club in an official capacity (should he want it) with apologies for past injustices.

If I win enough dosh I'll also buy Brookie from the council and re-build it into something us Manly fans deserve.

Damn, I might click the optimistic icon myself for this post.....:p

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8