Zorbs this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are many things that Zorba says that I totally disagree with.

What he points out in relation to our issues in the halves and especially our fullback and hooker are very valid.

I think in relation to the halves we have a bit more depth now and I urge Des to give Shuster the chance to nail down 5/8. Foran will be needed to manage games coming off the bench.

Before a ball is kicked we are scratching around to find a full back to replace Turbo and the options we have shown they have limited capability.

The gap we have at 9 is going to be our Achilles heel this season. You Cannot go into a season without a recognized one and the fill is that we are using in the hope that Fainu miraculously gets off his charge and returns to lead us to glory are fantasy at the moment. Even if Fainu is exonerated it will take him a good month to get up to speed and by then it will be end of the season. I do not understand why if the club was letting Levi go that we did not invest in a competent 9 to hold his own and allow our halves to breathe as they are going to be under so much pressure now.

Zorba has it right that unless we have a season without injury issues that a bottom 4 place is very likely. I hope he is wrong I really do. I hope that this is the under the radar thing that works for us. The first 4 games will be a real test as to where we are at as apart from the Dragqueens we play 3 other top finalist teams from last year.

I hope we see these rookies rise to the challenge and give a good account of themselves.

You have to wonder if these are purely his own views, or based on his previous role as the Penn family in-house mole, he is still doing their bidding.

Watch out Des.

I think it’s becoming more and more evident that it’s time for the Penns to sell.

I get they’ve put plenty of $$$ into the club, but their course has well and truly been run.

This club needs an owner that spends all of time within Australia, not someone that lives mainly in NYC and picks and chooses when he wants to get involved.

There are many things that Zorba says that I totally disagree with.

What he points out in relation to our issues in the halves and especially our fullback and hooker are very valid.

I think in relation to the halves we have a bit more depth now and I urge Des to give Shuster the chance to nail down 5/8. Foran will be needed to manage games coming off the bench.

Before a ball is kicked we are scratching around to find a full back to replace Turbo and the options we have shown they have limited capability.

The gap we have at 9 is going to be our Achilles heel this season. You Cannot go into a season without a recognized one and the fill is that we are using in the hope that Fainu miraculously gets off his charge and returns to lead us to glory are fantasy at the moment. Even if Fainu is exonerated it will take him a good month to get up to speed and by then it will be end of the season. I do not understand why if the club was letting Levi go that we did not invest in a competent 9 to hold his own and allow our halves to breathe as they are going to be under so much pressure now.

Zorba has it right that unless we have a season without injury issues that a bottom 4 place is very likely. I hope he is wrong I really do. I hope that this is the under the radar thing that works for us. The first 4 games will be a real test as to where we are at as apart from the Dragqueens we play 3 other top finalist teams from last year.

I hope we see these rookies rise to the challenge and give a good account of themselves.

Yes the 9 issue has been badly handled , unless ( hard to imagine ) what we are left with turn out to be better than anybody else we could have secured.

Peats is no superstar and possibly past it , but a one year fill in contract would have at least seen us with someone who knew the role.

Peats is no superstar and possibly past it , but a one year fill in contract would have at least seen us with someone who knew the role.
Do you mean, knew the previous role?
If the game has changed as much as many suggest it has, then having 3 halfbacks as our hookers, in Cust Foz and TNI, may be a master stroke.
Huh! Oh yeah! Whaddya say now?!!! Doomsayers to the left of me, doomsayers to the right, after next weekend either they or I will be changing our tunes @:D

How dare he say that!

Only silvertails members are allowed to post things like that!

Notice Zorbs tipped us as one of the favorites for the spoon this morning. No back up fullback, halves at 9 and said we should have retained Levi
Care factor of zero. Zorba was a never was before he became a has been. His opinion only reinforces my confidence in Manly overachieving this season. #whatawanker

Care factor of zero. Zorba was a never was before he became a has been. His opinion only reinforces my confidence in Manly overachieving this season. #whatawanker

So agenda driven , which is why what he says is irrelevant.

There’s always an angle

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7