Zorba's column today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Let’s hope so mate, because the amount of blood letting on this forum if we continue with the current trajectory will be very hard to take
The Manly supporters are passionate and proud Sea eagles and proud people dont take failure lightly .
History has proven that the tide always turns on the Northern Beaches feathered friend .
The tide will turn !!!

@Ryan The Penns have managed to shaft, sack, disenfranchise, piss off or disallusion every single directer, CEO, Coach, Past great player, support group, employee and fan since they took over a decade ago ...

To expect them to change now is the victory of hope over experience ........ but in hope we trust ...... I hope.

@Ryan The Penns have managed to shaft, sack, disenfranchise, piss off or disallusion every single directer, CEO, Coach, Past great player, support group, employee and fan since they took over a decade ago ...

To expect them to change now is the victory of hope over experience ........ but in hope we trust ...... I hope.
There is always hope !!!

Unfortunately, 100% right mate.

It's such a shame. A little tender TLC, and swallowing ones pride, and we'd look like world beaters again.

There is something very unlikable about that family. They have an Ivory Tower feel about them, without the money to go with it. They make themselves uncontactable, unapproachable, and move with an air of confidence, but they've destroyed the perception and culture of our club (despite any denials to the contrary from them).

They want the Porsche, but they don't want to service the damned thing. Surely it's not that complicated to them. These things aren't supposed to take years to do?

How bloody long does it take to employ a damned person (recruitment/list manager). Is Gorman that ineffective, or is it Penn not allowing him to spend the money.

How bloody long does it take to employ a damned person (recruitment/list manager). Is Gorman that ineffective, or is it Penn not allowing him to spend the money.

That's the thing ..... there always seems to be an element of suspicion creep into everything about every decision at the club .... nobody and nothing can be taken at face value any more .... we distrust even our own press releases ....

That is a very unhealthy situation and unfortunately one that has to be laid at Penn's door ..... from the first day he started the now usual tag-team character assassination of Delemege with Zorba ..... an air of doubt began ...

But to answer your question ... I don't know ... but if he has the money, and won't spend it, he is a **** ... If he doesn't have the money, and he won't sell the Franchise, then he is an egotistical and destructive ****.

They know what fans want and they know that the fans are customers and customers are the lifeblood of every business
So far they haven't shown that. It's as if us fans are an annoyance rather than embracing our passion they have snub their nose at us and made us feel unwelcome until they need our membership money.

So far they haven't shown that. It's as if us fans are an annoyance rather than embracing our passion they have snub their nose at us and made us feel unwelcome until they need our membership money.
Thats the great thing about this forum as there is a balance of views .
I have met Mr Penn at the Grounds and he was more than accommodating to exchange pleasantries . I did not feel unwelcome .
Nick Politis whos team is in the Grand final has a wooden spoon in his cupboard something Mr Penn does not have . I dont think Nick was too popular with the Roosters supporters back then when they won the spoon and had some very unhappy years lingering at the bottom of the premiership table
The Penns upgraded DCE who was in demand from clubs like the Sharks and the Titans , They kept both the Turbos , they signed Kappow , Walker . Now there is a lot of high profile players there !!! Speaking of high profile they hired The Incomparable Immortal and Unfortunately the next best thing Trent did not end up being that .
That is my view anyway and I am renewing my membership as I am loyal to my club to the bitter end . I am looking forward to the sweet , sweet taste of success in the near future

That's the thing ..... there always seems to be an element of suspicion creep into everything about every decision at the club .... nobody and nothing can be taken at face value any more .... we distrust even our own press releases ....

That is a very unhealthy situation and unfortunately one that has to be laid at Penn's door ..... from the first day he started the now usual tag-team character assassination of Delemege with Zorba ..... an air of doubt began ...

But to answer your question ... I don't know ... but if he has the money, and won't spend it, he is a **** ... If he doesn't have the money, and he won't sell the Franchise, then he is an egotistical and destructive ****.
Agree, and a sentiment I think most of us are either saying or thinking mate.

I hope he's there this Wed, and someone like you poses this to him. Love to hear his deflection , and denial of it all.

That's the problem right now. So much lip service, and B.S. - So little resultant goals.

Penn will go down in my view in history as one of the worst associations the club has ever aligned itself to. I don't care what people think K or say in the subject, I feel bad for Toovey, Barrett and others forced to live in 4th world conditions under the Penn family tenure.

That goes to all the legends, staff, coaches, CEO's the Penn's have alienated.

Agree, and a sentiment I think most of us are either saying or thinking mate.

I hope he's there this Wed, and someone like you poses this to him. Love to hear his deflection , and denial of it all.

That's the problem right now. So much lip service, and B.S. - So little resultant goals.

Penn will go down in my view in history as one of the worst associations the club has ever aligned itself to. I don't care what people think K or say in the subject, I feel bad for Toovey, Barrett and others forced to live in 4th world conditions under the Penn family tenure.

That goes to all the legends, staff, coaches, CEO's the Penn's have alienated.
Never judge something until the relationship is done. I don’t always agree with @BOZO but uncle nick is a good example. He wasn’t widely liked at first.

I would say based on the first few years things aren’t great. But if they were to turn around and give us 2 premierships in the next 5 everyone would be singing a different tune.

Hindsight’s a bitch and we got sold down a river on Barrett and 2 CEOs. Joke kelly oversaw this cap crap and Cleary fell out with his mate bozo who was the one that recommended him.

We need a strong footy brain as a leader of the club. I think with the right coach Gorman is a good transition and growth ceo.

We’ve got the nucleus of a squad they just need direction because their performance isn’t based on whether they’re in demountables or not

If they appoint Maguire, I want a joint presser with Gorman, Penn, Maguire, DCE and say J Turbo all together clearly expressing the same vision .
Nup. Press conference should just be Gorman and Maguire - two people steering the club, one for the footy team, one for the other stuff. That's it. Penn should stay out of it and the players have already had too much say.

Jesus, even Steve Matai won't even correspond with the club anymore now. Glenn Stewart the same. Jamie Lyon has dusted his hands of the club.

Ryan - how can you possibly know this? All I know is Matai didn’t show up to his lap of honour with with Snake and Ballin due to family commitments. Do you know things we don’t?

Ryan - how can you possibly know this? All I know is Matai didn’t show up to his lap of honour with with Snake and Ballin due to family commitments. Do you know things we don’t?
Mate, they've been invited to a number of events, and refuse to communicate and/or attend, not just one thing.

Our culture is broken. It's not Manly.

Players have been quoted as to saying the culture isn't the same (see Lussick & others).

I did share some things on here, an ex staff member said previously, but I don't want to rehash that again.

We've had events where a premiership team reunion had 5-7 players attend. That shows a broken / fractured culture. It's disgusting mate.

I'm sorry, it needs fixing, top to bottom. I think this factionism is a result of The Penn family and the way they "do business" at our club.

I think we are presently at the lowest eb in history on and off the field. Apart from the Trbojevic's (and a few other players) I don't see any other positives in and around our club at the moment.

The legacy these legends built (Ballin, Matai, Stewart brothers and others) have been dissolved by these current imposters (and I'm talking from owners, to management, to coaching staff - everyone).

Manly has been ripped from Manly, and we've become The Gold Coast Sea Eagles, rolling from failure to failure, lost appeal, after lost appeal.

Mate, they've been invited to a number of events, and refuse to communicate and/or attend, not just one thing.

Players have been quoted as to saying the culture isn't the same (see Lussick & others).

I did share some things on here, an ex staff member said previously, but I don't want to rehash that again.

We've had events where a premiership team reunion had 5-7 players attend. That shows a broken / fractured culture. It's disgusting mate.

I'm sorry, it needs fixing, top to bottom. I think this factionism is a result of The Penn family and the way they "do business" at our club.

I think we are presently at the lowest eb in history on and off the field. Apart from the Trbojevic's (and a few other players) I don't see any other positives in and around our club at the moment.

The legacy these legends built (Ballin, Matai, Stewart brothers and others) have been dissolved by these current imposters (and I'm talking from owners, to management, to coaching staff - everyone).

Manly has been ripped from Manly, and we've become The Gold Coast Sea Eagles, rolling from failure to failure, lost appeal, after lost appeal.

Thanks for the reply mate and I 100% agree with you. The Penns took over with a premiership side, a large and rejuvenated fan base and a culture like no other. That culture took years to build but not nearly as long to destroy. I can only hope these players frustrations are with the current ownership group and not with the club as a whole. I know Snake follows the Delmage Instagram account.

If Barrett and/or Cartwright are coaching by March next year this fan base really ought to speak with their wallets, and I believe they will.

Does it say more about the players or the club? Because there are a bunch of them that I have huge respect for that still turn up to stuff like beaver, ballin, Glenn hall, mark Bryant.

Couple of those guys (that don’t turn up) thought they were bigger than the club. I’ve said this on here before but there noses were out of joint because they thought they should be making team decisions.

I feel like people on this forum absolve everyone of decisions and just blame the owners when really there is blame all round. These decisions are constant in footy but I reckon it’s a bit childish to not turn up for your mates. These things are about your mates and the fans. It doesn’t help or hurt the owners if players do or don’t turn up to reunions IMO

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8