[Resurrected] Zac Saddler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watching the Blacktown games, the tries are crash balls and unders lines that are middle based 4 pointers....Andrew Fifita used to score a few 50kg ago too as do a few other more mobile front rowers, who will run those Powerful tight lines in the red zone dropping under or off a flat drive on the line, attributes suitable to Saddler.
He will have this ability as an agile middle forward, whereas he would be rated quite slow and not agile as an edge forward at NRL level.
Spot on Sexy Maxy
Zac strength is ripping in and tearing up the middle of the guts because he is all aggression heart and guts . He is an inspirational player and my favourite middle forward

Covid and no NSW Cup. Hmmm - I don't understand how people fail to comprehend the significance.
Think out side the Covid Square feathered friend

It did not stop other coaches bringing up players from their top 30 squad
Even in Covid times every club had a top 30 squad
Des only had 17 and stuck with them through every humiliating turn style defensive loss
That year Zac was selected for the all Star game and was a star without no NSW cup games

This year There is NSW cup
but up until injury struck there was no Schu , no, Zac and no Olakau'atu
Des stuck to his players that had not won a game since July the previous year
as the team kept on breaking record score loses . I cannot comprehend why he did not replace those under performing players when the season was lost and we had nothing to lose.

Good debut from Saddler, needs to work on his discipline more, Des pulled him after Curran making him look silly on that horrible play the ball.
he was ok but again I back Des and the coaching team in that this is his first game. He's a way off even a bench spot in a full strength pack. those calling for his inclusion over the last 12 months can hopefully see that.

Not seen much of him before so was looking forward to watching him today.
I know it's only one game but thought he was only okay.
Also how dumb was that play the ball. I'm all for playing with passion but that was just stupidity.

Last edited:
I rated it. He came on at an awkward time and couldn't really do anything. In his few runs he got to ground quick and made a good play the ball (except that one time haha). Quiet debut that hinted at his potential. We were a bit off today, especially that first half when he came on. In an easier game he'd get a better chance. I want to see a lot more of him in 2021.

His performance was not unexpected. We said he was fiery and his indiscipline led to an alleged "grapple tackle" that was penalised, perhaps unfairly. Then after a good run he was baited in the play the ball and got into a scuffle which led to us losing possessions. This latter indiscretion is what we don't want to see again, and if he is to fulfil his obvious ability he'll need to be more professional. You don't get into a fight when he have possession.
However, he certainly has the firepower to make it in the NRL as an enforcer. JWH was like him in the early days. Here's hoping Tenterfield can be half as good over time.

Pretty special way to make your debut. At Brookie in front of Manly's 2011 premiers, not to mention getting a win, playing with Turbo, and making some good charges.
Hopefully he's smart enough to learn from his error!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8