[Resurrected] Zac Saddler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is this his debut for us? I know he's played for us in the nines and he's played for the indigenous all stars. Excited to watch him go, aggressive, tough forward.

With people encouraging his pick as a second rower, how are his hands? Has he got an offload and can pass out the back?

In debut and considering his size I’d prefer to see him in the middle where he can defend as a 3 with jake and paseka/sipley/keppie.

out on the edge vs tohu, katoa and murdoch masila could be a massive ask with quick running backs like RTS, walsh and kodi

Good luck saddler and keen to see him play.

With people encouraging his pick as a second rower, how are his hands? Has he got an offload and can pass out the back?

In debut and considering his size I’d prefer to see him in the middle where he can defend as a 3 with jake and paseka/sipley/keppie.

out on the edge vs tohu, katoa and murdoch masila could be a massive ask with quick running backs like RTS, walsh and kodi

He definitely ends up as a middle forward for us. I would like to see him further developed as a traditional, hard running second rower off the bench for the next two seasons. Then bring him on as amiddle forward, and potentially starting front row after that. He looks like he all the skills to cover both positions off the bench very well. He has a fantastic opportunity to step up with Aloiai out, and then hold a bench spot when he returns. It's a big step up, but I hope he plays really well for us this weekend.

Zac is an out and out middle. Suli is brought in as our edge forward on the bench

He does not lack enthusiasm. Can't expect too much of him first time out in the big league though.
Paseka Keppie and Sipley will all need to step up their minutes significantly if we are to cover the loss of our 2 big guns up front.
Go Zac!
Guac got MOM in his first game ... let's see!

Zac looks to have great potential - hope he goes well, him and Guac a great potential future second row for us.

I actually don't mind this (Suli given a go on an edge) but I think Zac has the versatility to play both positions well.
Could be the much needed change to bring out the best in Suli. In defence, there won't be as much space around him to cover, and less decoy runners to contend with. In attack, his lack of ball-playing won't be as costly for the team - just damaging runs essentially needed BUT his biggest task will be to keep moving! Especially laterally in cover. Having said that, Guac will prob be playing 60-70mins so won't see him until the end of the game. Personally, I think this could be Suli's best position a la tony williams

Could be the much needed change to bring out the best in Suli. In defence, there won't be as much space around him to cover, and less decoy runners to contend with. In attack, his lack of ball-playing won't be as costly for the team - just damaging runs essentially needed BUT his biggest task will be to keep moving! Especially laterally in cover. Having said that, Guac will prob be playing 60-70mins so won't see him until the end of the game. Personally, I think this could be Suli's best position a la tony williams
If suli comes on as forward I think he would be more like kelepi tanganoa. Good for short bursts of hard running, probably not there for long periods of goal line defence.

Next big thing!
I would have him on the left edge and Shu to 5/8, Foran bench Cust to start and Crocker Blacktown.
If Saddler plays well, i’d bring him into the starting 13 as well

Saddler at lock, Jake at prop, Schu 12 and Foz 6. Saddler could also just be a prop but Jake needs stints imo

Or maybe complicate things slightly and make Saddler a back-rower so we can bring Schu to lock, Jake to the front-row rotation (especially now aloiai is out)

Just get Glenn Stewart vibes from Schu, don’t think in 5 years time he will be a 5/8. He looks much bigger than he did when he debuted and in such a short amount of time (but in a good way for a forward as he is very mobile). He could be a gun 5/8, or he may eventually become a beast 12 or 13 and be just as - if not more - important to us. I don’t really care which but just so long as it is good for the team. Dce, trbo and foz work well together in the spine w/ schu playing his current role (and linking our backs). Just need Fainu/Lawton to be available and it will dominate

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4