[Resurrected] Zac Saddler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Same but I dont think we'll see him for a while, that was nasty. Surprised he didn't get put on report for attacking the head of the opposition...

Poor fella

Same but I dont think we'll see him for a while, that was nasty. Surprised he didn't get put on report for attacking the head of the opposition...

Poor fella
Don’t call it too early, once they review the footage I’m sure the match review committee will turn up at his bedside to inform him.

NYEagle

The NRL claims it is ridding the sport of head injuries.
I thought anyone causing a head injury was sent off, even if it is accidental.

The point I'm trying to make is that the majority of the crushers, sin-binning, head injuries are accidental. But any time a player holds the back of his head, or his face the ref rules it to be deliberate -- for chosen teams/players at least.
The ref now has the power to influence a match like never before.
The sport has never relied upon gambling money like never before.

Yes, get your same game multis in, folks.
I thought in game betting ads were banned. Or was that only for free-to-air?

Zac Saddler reckons he might set off the metal detectors the next time he walks through an airport.

That’s because he has had a metal plate inserted in his skull after suffering a depressed fracture against Newcastle a fortnight ago. The Manly forward came off second best in a head clash with Knights counterpart Sauaso Sue, which forced him to make an emergency trip to John Hunter Hospital.

“I will be out for eight weeks, the same time period as a broken arm or normal bone healing. They put a plate in my head. It’s just like breaking your arm really.”

There’s never a good time to suffer a head injury, but for Saddler the timing couldn’t have been worse. After a luckless run of injuries during his stint at Canterbury – he didn’t play a game for almost two years due to complications after an anterior cruciate ligament injury – Saddler was just getting into his groove with the Sea Eagles.

The 21-year-old is off contract, but hopes to push his case for a new deal by coming back strongly as the Sea Eagles look to play finals after a tough start to the season.

Relieved for the Big Fella:

From Foxsports, who got its story from the SMH.

RELIEF FOR YOUNG MANLY FORWARD

Zac Saddler sent a shock through the rugby league world when he was rushed to hospital a fortnight ago during his side’s loss to the Knights due to a depressed fracture in his skull.

There were initial concerns that not only his season was over, but perhaps his career after just three NRL games. But in a big sigh of relief, Saddler has confirmed to The Sydney Morning Heraldthat there was no bleed on his brain and he will be right to play in eight weeks after getting a metal plate put in his skull during surgery.

“It was just a fracture and the brain was untouched. It didn’t actually knock me out. I literally got hit in the head, but I wasn’t unconscious or anything like that,” he told the Herald.

“I was always aware what was going on. It was a bit of a weird one. I’ve had the surgery and will be back playing again this year.”

“Obviously I got hit in the head, but at the time I thought I was sweet, it’s just a normal little head knock.

“I was telling the trainers I wanted to play on. I remember walking past the bench and going, ‘I’ll be back in five minutes’. Then I got into the sheds and felt my head and that freaked me out a bit.

“I started spewing in the sheds from the pain and then I spent the night [in hospital].

“You just know something is wrong. I didn’t know exactly how bad it was, but our doctor, Nathan Gibbs, you could tell he was a bit worried in the sheds. But if he wasn’t like that and I was bleeding on the brain, I guess it could have been a lot worse.

“I will be out for eight weeks, the same time period as a broken arm or normal bone healing. They put a plate in my head. It’s just like breaking your arm really.”

The game is so soft these days, should we just call it touch footy?
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Relieved for the Big Fella:

From Foxsports, who got its story from the SMH.

RELIEF FOR YOUNG MANLY FORWARD

Zac Saddler sent a shock through the rugby league world when he was rushed to hospital a fortnight ago during his side’s loss to the Knights due to a depressed fracture in his skull.

There were initial concerns that not only his season was over, but perhaps his career after just three NRL games. But in a big sigh of relief, Saddler has confirmed to The Sydney Morning Heraldthat there was no bleed on his brain and he will be right to play in eight weeks after getting a metal plate put in his skull during surgery.

“It was just a fracture and the brain was untouched. It didn’t actually knock me out. I literally got hit in the head, but I wasn’t unconscious or anything like that,” he told the Herald.

“I was always aware what was going on. It was a bit of a weird one. I’ve had the surgery and will be back playing again this year.”

“Obviously I got hit in the head, but at the time I thought I was sweet, it’s just a normal little head knock.

“I was telling the trainers I wanted to play on. I remember walking past the bench and going, ‘I’ll be back in five minutes’. Then I got into the sheds and felt my head and that freaked me out a bit.

“I started spewing in the sheds from the pain and then I spent the night [in hospital].

“You just know something is wrong. I didn’t know exactly how bad it was, but our doctor, Nathan Gibbs, you could tell he was a bit worried in the sheds. But if he wasn’t like that and I was bleeding on the brain, I guess it could have been a lot worse.

Another example of an accidental head knock which is just a unintended consequence of playing a contact sport. Did the dementia being suffered by older RL players happen from deliberate foul play or just bad luck? No matter how many rules the NRL puts in place accidents will happen and when it comes to paying compensation in the future to a former player how will a legal system be able to differentiate between an accident and a deliberate head shot?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8