Zac Saddler ... Indigenous team ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Zac be in our top 30 squad ..

• Total voters
This indigenous v non-indigenous equality thing will never end.

We are 2 different races of humans and are are life-affected differently genetically and culturally.

Many indigenous don't WANT to be Australians, being indigenous is their "thing".

Us invaders will forever be in the wrong. That's the way indigenous culture like it and that is the highest benefit for them to think that way.

Yeah, a generalisation...but everything is one.

No matter how much is done It will never be enough.
Sad.

We are 2 different races of humans and are are life-affected differently genetically and culturally.

Many indigenous don't WANT to be Australians, being indigenous is their "thing".

Us invaders will forever be in the wrong. That's the way indigenous culture like it and that is the highest benefit for them to think that way.

Sad.
Well said my brother and so very true

That’s the sorta Muzz rebuttal I expected.
Let me ask you this Muzz. How long do we have to keep apologising? When or if will it ever be enough that Indigenous folk will say , fair enough, you’ve done your best. Even though it is not this generation that has committed such atrocities. When is enough, enough.
This is now the forth time this has been asked. How have you been asked/made to apologize? I'm white and I have never felt that way. Please answer this so I can understand where you are coming from.

I’m sure the majority of Australians now understand the dud hand the Indigenous people were dealt in history. But how, as a nation are we supposed to move forward, when all we seem to be doing is looking back?

Yeah Muzz, I’m with MFB. If you are a resident of this beautiful country, you should at least sing the national anthem or f*ck off.
Let's go back to your original point: how does telling people they can F off because of the way they feel help anyone move forward. Forget about the past, you're not acknowledging issues which exist in the here and now. You are helping drive the wedge between cultures and histories by propagating a culture of us vs them.
This is about a group of individuals deciding that something doesn't speak for them and choosing to opt out. You are not being told to do or think anything from it. Yet you are somehow outraged by it. Yet, if it was you that was told what to do or how to think you would be up in arms. Why would you be right to dissent against such an idea but not another? It is hypocrisy.

And who’s fault is that?....the white man. It is how we are hardwired,
Did you miss the "sorry" campaign in the Rudd years.
Government handouts are not the answer either.
I know plenty of Indigenous people, who have no desire to help themselves, and are happy to suckle on the teet of taxpayer.
They as a collective need to try harder. Stop whinging about atrocities that were committed generations ago.
And again I’ll say it, how can your move forward, if all your doing is bringing up the past as an excuse.
You make a good point. Clearly the literacy problems aren’t confined to the indigenous people, because you haven’t been able to understand a word I’ve written. My bad.

This is now the forth time this has been asked. How have you been asked/made to apologize? I'm white and I have never felt that way. Please answer this so I can understand where you are coming from.

Let's go back to your original point: how does telling people they can F off because of the way they feel help anyone move forward. Forget about the past, you're not acknowledging issues which exist in the here and now. You are helping drive the wedge between cultures and histories by propagating a culture of us vs them.
This is about a group of individuals deciding that something doesn't speak for them and choosing to opt out. You are not being told to do or think anything from it. Yet you are somehow outraged by it. Yet, if it was you that was told what to do or how to think you would be up in arms. Why would you be right to dissent against such an idea but not another? It is hypocrisy.
Let me make a comparison. I have family members (down the family tree) who went to war against the japanese.. Does this mean I should feel anger/ hatred towards all Japanese? Does this mean I should never accept the Japanese? Should I hang on to the sadness from generations ago? The answer is NO! In fact I am married to a beautiful Japanese woman and have 2 beautiful children to her. If I held on to the frustration I would never have what I have now! There is absolutely nothing to be gained by dredging up the past! Im not saying to move on.... well actually I guess I kinda am, we just need to acknowledge the past, accept it is unfortunate and move forward together as a nation. Its up to the individual, how they are taught and how they choose to deal with it.

Last edited:
Let me make a comparison. I have family members (down the family tree) who were killed by Japanese at war... Does this mean I should feel anger/ hatred towards all Japanese? Does this mean I should never accept the Japanese? Should I hang on to the sadness from generations ago? The answer is NO! In fact I am married to a beautiful Japanese woman and have 2 beautiful children to her. If I held on to the frustration I would never have what I have now! There is absolutely nothing to be gained by dredging up the past! Im not saying to move on.... well actually I guess I kinda am, we just need to acknowledge the past, accept it is unfortunate and move forward together as a nation. Its up to the individual, how they are taught and how they choose to deal with it.
You failed to answer the question! How are you being made to apologise?

• 👍
Reactions: R3
I don't think anyone has said we have to keep apologising.
To your question as to when is enough, enough?
Maybe when life expectancy is the same: 80.4 for non indigenous vs 65.9 for indigenous
Maybe when child mortality is the same: 3.7 per thousand for non indigenous vs 11.6 for indigenous
Maybe when literacy and numeracy levels and employment prospects are the same.
I could go on. This is not looking back as you say. This is now. Educate yourself by reading the Closing the Gap report and ask yourself if it's ok, in a first world country, for all Australians not to be equal.
Or when the child protection systems around the country are not over represented by indigenous children who are frequently lost and losing their identity and connection to culture. Sorry this ones personal as I work in said system.

Sad.

Having lived in a 1/3 aboriginal 2/3 white fella community for 50 years before moving to Brisbane never a truer word was spoken.

I could argue all day on this topic ( but won’t other than making this statement).

When you’ve been to school with them, grown up with them , worked with them , employed them, been friends with them , had crimes committed against you by them and seen them daily in your life you get a very different perspective than your average city dweller who’s had none of that.

I have some good mates that are black fellas , not all are bad but sadly the radical / bad ones get all the publicity and the general public thinks that’s what they all think ( which isn’t actually correct), I assure you there are many aboriginals doing well and are happy with their lot.

If the radical ones could get the giant chip off their shoulders , use the benefits they get to improve their lives ( and not piss it up against the wall) then they’d have better lives to.

We are all Australians , it’s them that are being divisive not us.

PS: this is just an opinion and I’m not going to argue with anyone about it, I prefer to talk footy instead.

PSS: didn’t watch the game but read a report this morning and looks like we didn’t cop any injuries so that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
I think you're completely missing the point
Righto ... good ... now that we have solved this issue .... everybody take 5 ... and after the break Silvertails will fix the middle East problem ......

PSS ... can we have some more conclusions on Zac ..
I rate the guy. Needs a season or 2 at Blacktown against the big boys to ready himself for NRL. He may get a game here and there in the meantime but I reckon he is a couple seasons away from a regular 1st grader. We have a number of props on our books and he is definitely one for the future. Keep the production line coming

Hard to judge off of a couple of 6-7 minute stints...but looked fitter than ever before,having to play a 20 minute stint or more will tell more.
Hit the ball up strongly and did not take a backward step when hit hard,defended well and chased sideways,did not seem to get caught out or be lazy but agai,hard to tell off such short stints.Plenty to like and work with for the coaches...did not see any brain farts...

Hard to judge off of a couple of 6-7 minute stints...but looked fitter than ever before,having to play a 20 minute stint or more will tell more.
Hit the ball up strongly and did not take a backward step when hit hard,defended well and chased sideways,did not seem to get caught out or be lazy but agai,hard to tell off such short stints.Plenty to like and work with for the coaches...did not see any brain farts...

You must be right Joe .... you agree with me .... that is pretty much how I saw it ...

What I like about both Saddler and Keppie is that neither seem over-awed .... and this is the important point for me .... they both appear to be both physically and mentally invested in the game ... they don't seem to just be there to do a job, but are alert and prepared to do what has to be done .... that attitude is inherent .. not coached ... and is an attribute in footballers that is worth it's weight in rocking horse poo ....

Both look like becoming very good footballers with more experience and games under their belt ....

He played centre but kicked long and short for them but didn't play the 6 role.. He roamed a bit. Played pretty good.

Edit.

I can't recall that he ever saw the ball at centre as ALL their attack was to Marsters' side. I guess that is because that is Ponga's side. He only touched the ball when he he went looking for it.
Thommo was solid and Zac did ok too.

Agree with this. He didn't get any quality ball (say like Roberts did), so ended up looking like a half even though he was nominally at centre. Same as last year, I'd like to see him more willing to run the ball once he gets back to Manly - he's got the speed to put the defence in two minds.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8