Your preferred 2024 side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Croker needs to watch some footage of Wayde Egan from this year. He’s come on leaps and bounds as a hooker. Really brings the forwards onto the ball at the advantage line and has a crisp long pass that gives the halves plenty of time to create.

1. Turbo (Koula replacement)
2. Saab (Vaega / Tui / Faulalo replacement)
3. Koula (Parker replacement)
4. Garrick (Parker replacement)
5. Paulo (or Vaega / Tui / Faulalo / Garrick again, if he fails at centre)
6. Brooks (Arthur Replacement)
7. DCE (Arthur replacement)
8. Paseka / Sippers
9. Croker / GCKT (Humphries replacement)
10. Jurbo / Lodge
11. Guacamole
12. Burbo / Schuster (if fail at lock)
13. Schuster (TBD) / Croker / Jurbo / Aloiai/ Twal (?) / Arthur (if he bulks up)
14. GCKT / Croker / Arthur / Humphries
15. Sippers
16. Lodge (assuming fit) / Aloiai / Bully / Twal / James
17. Bully / Matterson / Twal / James
18. Schuster (if he reallllly fails again)

Definite development players: James, Humphries, Faulalo, Talau

Like many have said, Koula shows a lot of real world potential in the 1. Assuming Tommy explodes again, he should be set up with Snake, into coaching him as a the second no. 1. Turbo would not have an easier time with injuries defending in the line.

Some other things to talk about, firstly, I see a possibility where Croker is moved to being a Walker-style 14, or as a ball playing lock forward, in which case GCKT would be starting 9. Croker has the work rate to be effective in a 13, and has the 40/20 wildcard up his sleeve. Of course, Croker / Arthur / Humphries would then move back in as hooker at some point during a match as I don't think GCKT would get the full 80 mins just yet. However, to start conservatively GCKT could just be part of a hooker rotation in the 14, defensive hooker first half, offensive hooker second half, to stop our fades.

The No 12 and 13 jerseys are up for grabs in my opinion. Jurbo is much better suited as a prop, playing the full 80 in the 10, and guac of course playing 80 in the 11, leaving the 8, 12 and 13 jerseys up for selection and in match rotation. I believe who we play in the other prop position will come down to form and injuries, Sippers was great in that position lately. However, the 12 is a battle between Burbo (who I don't think is a full 80 mins player yet) and Schuster.

The 13 is probably the main point of contention here. We're missing a definite spark here, Jurbos great but having three props is just insufficient in attack. Schuster, pending a magical pre-season could be an effective 13 if he can handle the work rate. Alternatively, if GCKT can do the full 80 in the 9 or alternative with Arthur/Humphries as dummy-half, Croker could be put in the 13, as I mentioned before. Or, if Arthur's metabolism disappears into thin air and he bulks up, he could also be a ball-playing 13. Off the bench replacements, except for when Jurbos in the 13 could be Aloiai, Twal (?) Or James. If neccesary, Croker could mid-game move from lock forward to hooker, or five-eighth.

Additionally, if our wing is too weak, or if Garrick gets a knack for dropping the ball cold for no reason at centre, we can move him back to the 5 and put Parker in the 4. Koula should be kept in the 3, as he's got a good step that side.

Taulagi gone to reserve grade. Look at the rugby league eye test's player ratings - his defence is statistically a black hole.

Faulalo has been said to be simply lucky with where the ball went in Blacktown, but I'd still give him a shot. Humphries too.

8. Paseka / Sippers
10. Jurbo / Lodge
11. Guacamole
13. Schuster (TBD) / Croker / Jurbo / Aloiai/ Twal (?) / Arthur (if he bulks up)
15. Sippers

Like many have said, Koula shows a lot of real world potential in the 1. Assuming Tommy explodes again, he should be set up with Snake, into coaching him as a the second no. 1. Turbo would not have an easier time with injuries defending in the line.

Some other things to talk about, firstly, I see a possibility where Croker is moved to being a Walker-style 14, or as a ball playing lock forward, in which case GCKT would be starting 9. Croker has the work rate to be effective in a 13, and has the 40/20 wildcard up his sleeve. Of course, Croker / Arthur / Humphries would then move back in as hooker at some point during a match as I don't think GCKT would get the full 80 mins just yet. However, to start conservatively GCKT could just be part of a hooker rotation in the 14, defensive hooker first half, offensive hooker second half, to stop our fades.

The No 12 and 13 jerseys are up for grabs in my opinion. Jurbo is much better suited as a prop, playing the full 80 in the 10, and guac of course playing 80 in the 11, leaving the 8, 12 and 13 jerseys up for selection and in match rotation. I believe who we play in the other prop position will come down to form and injuries, Sippers was great in that position lately. However, the 12 is a battle between Burbo (who I don't think is a full 80 mins player yet) and Schuster.

The 13 is probably the main point of contention here. We're missing a definite spark here, Jurbos great but having three props is just insufficient in attack. Schuster, pending a magical pre-season could be an effective 13 if he can handle the work rate. Alternatively, if GCKT can do the full 80 in the 9 or alternative with Arthur/Humphries as dummy-half, Croker could be put in the 13, as I mentioned before. Or, if Arthur's metabolism disappears into thin air and he bulks up, he could also be a ball-playing 13. Off the bench replacements, except for when Jurbos in the 13 could be Aloiai, Twal (?) Or James. If neccesary, Croker could mid-game move from lock forward to hooker, or five-eighth.

Additionally, if our wing is too weak, or if Garrick gets a knack for dropping the ball cold for no reason at centre, we can move him back to the 5 and put Parker in the 4. Koula should be kept in the 3, as he's got a good step that side.

Taulagi gone to reserve grade. Look at the rugby league eye test's player ratings - his defence is statistically a black hole.

Faulalo has been said to be simply lucky with where the ball went in Blacktown, but I'd still give him a shot. Humphries too.

Pretty well thought out analysis. Well done

8. Paseka / Sippers
10. Jurbo / Lodge
11. Guacamole
15. Sippers

Well summed up, just the one change for me or non change I guess, Garrick needs to stay as a winger. With Tommy back on deck and virtually playing as an attacking centre I can see many a try being scored on the back of Tom's 2 on 1 plays with Garrick on the end of them and scoring plenty.

Well summed up, just the one change for me or non change I guess, Garrick needs to stay as a winger. With Tommy back on deck and virtually playing as an attacking centre I can see many a try being scored on the back of Tom's 2 on 1 plays with Garrick on the end of them and scoring plenty.

Yes I'm beginning to see that as a better option. Now that we have a class optional full back in Koula, putting Turbo into the centre actually looks stronger than Koula at centre and Turbo at full back. Koula took time to adapt to first grade, but I think next year he could well be in the reps spotlight as the future state full back.

Add Keaon Koloamatangi to our team, we are competing:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Keaon Koloamatangi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong OR Jake Arthur
15. Josh Aloiai OR Toff Sipley
16. Sean Keppie OR Ethan Bullemor
17. Josh Schuster OR Ben Trbojevic

That's one mean arsed team, not to be messed with. We'd have a hell of a lot of depth too (Matterson, Parker, Tuipulotu, Talau, Weekes, Arthur, Humphreys, Faulalo, Sipley, Bullemor, Burbo, Woods) - but we NEED that one more marquee intimidation coming in.
Keaon Koloamatangi talk $900 Raiders and Roosters chasing him

Yes I'm beginning to see that as a better option. Now that we have a class optional full back in Koula, putting Turbo into the centre actually looks stronger than Koula at centre and Turbo at full back. Koula took time to adapt to first grade, but I think next year he could well be in the reps spotlight as the future state full back.
I wouldn't change Tom to centre tho, Tommy gives us more attaking options in so many different ways. It's just awsome to know we have a ready made replacement in Koula with speed to burn.

I wouldn't change Tom to centre tho, Tommy gives us more attaking options in so many different ways. It's just awsome to know we have a ready made replacement in Koula with speed to burn.

I only suggest it maybe the way to go to reduce his running and risk of injury, but also he was outstanding (when he stayed on the field) in SOO with Tedesco at full back. Was a lethal combination with Mitchell the other centre.

I only suggest it maybe the way to go to reduce his running and risk of injury, but also he was outstanding (when he stayed on the field) in SOO with Tedesco at full back. Was a lethal combination with Mitchell the other centre.
Get what you're saying Bf, but I worry about the one on one tackling Tom will have to do and the general grind of defending in the front line, just think playing FB he'll be fresher and therefore more dangerous with ball in hand.

If Koula is as good as Tom why can't he have a roving role from centre?

The idea that Tom won't get injured if he can chill out at Centre only comes from the ramblings of desperate fans that are hurting from his lack of game time.

All Tom needs is a bit of luck with injury and he will be rightfully recognised as the best player in the comp once again. Fullback is his only spot for Manly.

Tom would cut his running metres by at least 50% playing centre and could drift into the middle playing an attacking locks role using him on both sides of the ruck when the opportunity came up
Ben T. could cover the centre position at that time

Koula would run off him with brooks DCE Garrick hamoule and schuster

when heavy defence was needed lodge and bullimore would come on

Given what we know and what players will be here for sure next year:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Sipley
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Jurbo

14. GCKT
15. Burbo
16. Bully
17. Aloiai/Lodge (when fit)

18. Lodge/Aloiai
19. Arthur
20. Tuipulotu
21. Vaega
22. Talau
23. Humphreys
24. James

Interested to see how we fill out the rest of the 30. Assuming Keppie might end up staying now, and Parker and Woods get new deals but I wouldn't mind any or all of them leaving. Matterson and Faulalo might get promoted but either way it still looks like there could be a number of spots open. Don't know if we have any money left to sign anyone but I'd be happy to be surprised (and I hope it's the Dogs signing Twal and not us)

I am not yet convinced Koula is our fullback cover solution. Whilst his performance in the last 2 games of the season was absolutely brilliant they were against lifeless and deflated opposition.
In saying this I think next season will be his break out year however at centre. He is no where near where Tom is especially with his passing and positional play.

I am not yet convinced Koula is our fullback cover solution. Whilst his performance in the last 2 games of the season was absolutely brilliant they were against lifeless and deflated opposition.
In saying this I think next season will be his break out year however at centre. He is no where near where Tom is especially with his passing and positional play.

What it did show was if we can give Koula good ball, he is good enough to burn his opposition and either score a try or set up Saab for a try.

This will give Tommy more options and room if he is not used as middle forward on tackle 4.

Last edited:
1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick/Paulo/Talau
5. Paulo/Garrick
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau'atu
12. Burbo/Schuster
13. Twal/Aloiai/Bullemore

14. GCKT/Arthur/Humphries
15. Schuster/Burbo
16. Bullemore/Twal/Aloiai
17. Sipley/Lodge/James

Last edited:
What it did show was if we can give Koula good ball, he is good enough to burn his opposition and either score a try or set up Saab for a try.

This will give Tommy more options and room if he is not used as middle forward on tackle 4.
True, our backline is looking scaringly deadly, so Many game breakers, just need the injury gods to be kind to us in 2024.

Corey Allan available from Roosters, would be a handy pick up as we are short for genuine centres
He can also play wing and fullback, so contracting him would give us some great depth in the back three. Something we haven't had for a very long time.

Turbo, Koula, Garrick, Saab, Paulo, Allan, Talau, Veaga, Topiluto

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8