Your preferred 2024 side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How do you come to that conclusion?

He has kicked 23 goals in his NRL 11 year career.
For whatever reason, @CRPSI eagle is anti Reuben. On checking, I saw he has bagged Garrick in 27 of his 268 posts.

Garrick continues to improve his game & I think most Silvertails would rate him the best winger in the club. He had an exceptional season in 2O21 - winger in both the Dally M & RLPA teams of the year, top point scorer ever in a regular NRL season and also the first player to kick 100 goals & score 20 tries in a season.

For whatever reason, @CRPSI eagle is anti Reuben. On checking, I saw he has bagged Garrick in 27 of his 268 posts.

Garrick continues to improve his game & I think most Silvertails would rate him the best winger in the club. He had an exceptional season in 2O21 - winger in both the Dally M & RLPA teams of the year, top point scorer ever in a regular NRL season and also the first player to kick 100 goals & score 20 tries in a season.
Just ask the Knights winger Dom! Now that’s a winger you want in your team.
Garrick wouldn’t make any top six teams.
A agree he’s work in progress.

Just ask the Knights winger Dom! Now that’s a winger you want in your team.
Garrick wouldn’t make any top six teams.
A agree he’s work in progress.
Indeed, Dom Young has had a breakout year. I think every team would want him on their roster. He outplayed Garrick this year, but I think in previous years, Garrick may have got the better of him.

Garrick was a top six winger in his rookie NRL year in 2019 when he kicked 65 goals & scored 16 tries.

He was a top four winger in 2021 when he topped NRL scoring with 304 points.

Let's examine the 2023 top six:
1. Panthers - I don't think Garrick would replace To'o or Turuva who are both great metre eaters
2. Broncos - I think Garrick could easily replace Oates or Arthurs
3. Storm - I think Garrick is a more accomplished winger than the rookie Warbrick
4. Warriors - Garrick is definitely a better all round player than Montoya
5. Knights - Young & Marzhew have been in great form & wouldn't be replaced by Garrick
6. Sharks - similarly Mulitalo & Katoa are having good seasons & wouldn't be replaced by Garrick

Of course, this is just opinion, but Garrick has great stats to back up opinion. Being an accomplished goal kicker (78% over the last five years?) is an extra reason for him to be selected in top teams.

Indeed, Dom Young has had a breakout year. I think every team would want him on their roster. He outplayed Garrick this year, but I think in previous years, Garrick may have got the better of him.

Garrick was a top six winger in his rookie NRL year in 2019 when he kicked 65 goals & scored 16 tries.

1. Panthers - I don't think Garrick would replace To'o or Turuva who are both great metre eaters
3. Storm - I think Garrick is a more accomplished winger than the rookie Warbrick
5. Knights - Young & Marzhew have been in great form & wouldn't be replaced by Garrick
6. Sharks - similarly Mulitalo & Katoa are having good seasons & wouldn't be replaced by Garrick

Of course, this is just opinion, but Garrick has great stats to back up opinion. Being an accomplished goal kicker (78% over the last five years?) is an extra reason for him to be selected in top teams.
We can’t carry soft wingers that get dragged around like rag dolls and can’t make yardage in our own 20.
I’m sorry he wouldn’t make my side, although always puts in effort.

We can’t carry soft wingers that get dragged around like rag dolls and can’t make yardage in our own 20.
I’m sorry he wouldn’t make my side, although always puts in effort.
Let's see.

This year, Xavier Coates in 21 games had 2,419 run metres, 12 line breaks, 45 tackle breaks & 3 offloads (plays in a top three side & for QLD)

In comparison, in 21 games Garrick had 2,805 run metres, 21 line breaks, 72 tackle breaks & 17 offloads.

If one's eyes are open, one will see that the team does not 'carry' Garrick. He is an important member of the team & will be an integral part of Manly's future success.

Last edited:
On the fictional basis that everyone would be fit and ready to go for Round 1.......

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Reuben Garrick
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Jaxson Paulo
FE - Luke Brooks
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Josh Schuster

Bench - Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Matt Lodge, Toff Sipley, Sean Keppie.

Of course, we know Lodge won't start the season so probably Aloiai. As for others like Parker, Tuilagi, Harper, Talau, Tuipulotu, Vaega ... our injury history suggests they'll get NRL game time at some point.

If Schuster proves a bust at lock, either Jake could be moved back there OR ... play Croker as a ball playing lock, start Gordon at No.9 and bring up someone (maybe) like Humphreys.

On the fictional basis that everyone would be fit and ready to go for Round 1.......

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Reuben Garrick
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Jaxson Paulo
FE - Luke Brooks
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Josh Schuster

I agree with your seventeen, except I would select Bullemor over Keppie. He has less errors in his game and consistently makes good metres.

Koula
Sabb
Tom
Garrick
Paulo
Brooks
DCE
Schuster
Jake
Olakuatu
Toff
GCKT
Peseka

Croker, Burbo, Lodge, Humphries/Matterson/Arthur

Garrick will be in any of my team what a great player

get rid of Tuilagi, Ailoi, Schuster and pay Payne Haas what ever he wants

Koula
Sabb
Tom
Garrick
Paulo
Brooks
DCE
Schuster
Jake
Olakuatu
Toff
GCKT
Peseka

Croker, Burbo, Lodge, Humphries/Matterson/Arthur

Garrick will be in any of my team what a great player

get rid of Tuilagi, Ailoi, Schuster and pay Payne Haas what ever he wants
Sabb? reminds me of Battered Sav

1694235826950.png

Swap koula and trbojevic

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Reuben Garrick
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Jaxson Paulo
FE - Luke Brooks
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Josh Schuster

Of course, we know Lodge won't start the season so probably Aloiai. As for others like Parker, Tuilagi, Harper, Talau, Tuipulotu, Vaega ... our injury history suggests they'll get NRL game time at some point.

If Schuster proves a bust at lock, either Jake could be moved back there OR ... play Croker as a ball playing lock, start Gordon at No.9 and bring up someone (maybe) like Humphreys.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Reuben Garrick
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Jaxson Paulo
FE - Luke Brooks
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Josh Schuster

I agree with this team all the way through. I would possibly swap Turbo and Koula, though I don't expect any coach would have the balls to do it.

I think Garrick is due for a move to the centres. He could play similar to Bradman Best.

So put our Dally M Medal winning fullback in the centres to play someone who's only 2 good games at fullback were against the two sides who have been anchored to the bottom of the NRL ladder for the last 3 or 4 years??

Sure thing. And while we're at it how about we re-hire Trent Barrett......
I've seen some ex NRL players suggest this (Denan Kemp, Willie Mason).
Part of the reason they suggest for swapping, is so Turbo can get build up some game time and get his confidence back where he isn't doing a lot of work from the get go.

I've seen some ex NRL players suggest this (Denan Kemp, Willie Mason).
Part of the reason they suggest for swapping, is so Turbo can get build up some game time and get his confidence back where he isn't doing a lot of work from the get go.

There is also a school of thought that he'll hide from injuries out in the centres, but that's a crock of 💩 too. After all, his season ending injury this year came while playing centre.....

I once thought of Turbo into the centres way back,but now am not sure of it.
His defence is too concerning,he shows a lack of willingness to put his body on the line.
There are numerous times he could have tried to dislodge a ball from a tryscorer or at least try to force them out but made no effort at all.
In the centres at origin level he does not commit and just arm tackles and gets brushed off.
He would be a liability in the centres,Koula is whole hearted attack/defence with a much smaller frame.
For me,leave Tom at fullback and when he breaks down again move Koula to fullback and play whoever is necessary in centres.Current players contracted would suggest Talau,but could play Vaega there or play Vaega/Tuipulotu on wing and move Paulo to centre.
Maybe Parker re-signs and could be there.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10