Your preferred 2024 side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Realistically:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

* Picks itself really, but then we go to the forwards

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. NEW
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. NEW
13. Josh Schuster

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Matt Lodge

Released: Brad Parker, Cooper Johns, Latu Fainu, Morgan Harper, Ray Vaega, Aaron Woods, Ben Condon, Dean Matterson, Kelma Tuilagi, Lachlan Croker, Morgan Boyle, Samuela Fainu, Zac Fulton

Depth:

18. Christian Tuipulotu
19. Jake Arthur
20. Tommy Talau
21. Kaeo Weekes
22. Ben Trbojevic
23. Ethan Bullemor
24. Toff Sipley
25. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
Not bad Ryan but Lawton worries me now. Apparently he re injured his troublesome shoulder again on the weekend and he has to have surgery again so I am a bit worried about his longevity now with that shoulder

• Re-sign Lodge, Bullemor for bench, and Matterson, Woods for depth and Humphreys, Faulalo, Ferris, Sykes on development.
  • Release Talau, Condon, Fulton and don't re-sign Parker, Vaega, Harper, Boyle, Johns
  • Recruit established and proven Prop, Hooker, Centre, and Utility (Prop must be elite, pack leader type)

NRL (Reserves)
01 Trbojevic (Weekes)
02 Saab (Paulo)
03 ???* (Faulalo*)Dev.
04 Koula (Ferris*)Dev.
05 Garrick (Tuipulotu)
06 Brooks (Arthur)
07 Cherry-Evans (Humphreys*)Dev.
08 ???* (Aloiai)
09 ???* (Chan Kum Tong)
10 Trbojevic (Keppie)
11 Ola'akautu (Lawton)
12 Trbojevic (Tuilagi)
13 Schuster (Croker)
14 ???* (Matterson*)
15 Bullemor* (Sykes*)Dev.
16 Paseka (Sipley)
17 Lodge* (Woods*)

*Unsigned

As long as Turbo is in our team for the majority of the season we'll win more matches than we lose. Getting into the top eight is realistically what we can expect.
Turbo was no where near his 2021 form when he did play the few games this year apart from the Raiders game in Canberra. I think we are all deluded that he is our messiah again but times and rules have changed since then.

imo, Turbo is 1 major injury away from retirement.
Tom is also
one season injury free to be the best he can be
Once again

Everything in life runs out . Including bad luck
1692244750337.png

Schuster at 13?

Yeah right. We know he doesn't like the contact, so he's not playing in the middle.

Hard not to be negative with posts like these as there’s no way we can move on enough players to make a competitive team… we SHOULD have been culling alot of these players gradually over the last 4 years as the majority of this team are either lazy, or try hard and just arnt nrl quality (well, regularly top 8 nrl quality anyway)

Being realistic, my team for next year is almost identical to this year bar brooks… cos that’s all we got.. but what we need is…

1. Turbo
2.????
3.???
4.koula
5.garrick
6.brooks
7.dce
8.jake
9.?????
10.???
11.ola
12.????
13.schuster

14.croker
15.???
16.???
17.????

• Keep lodge
  • Get another bench middle from a good team with good culture who wants to push for a starting spot here.
  • Hardworking defensive edge second rower with a bit of mongrel

Find a way to deal Tui and Aloia. If we can find a buyer deal Shuster or give him a chance on the edge but assume he is destined for reggies.

1.Turbo
2. Paulo
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau'atu
12. Whyte (no sure of spelling from the Roosters)
13. New lock?
14. Schuster
15. Blacker (Penrith)
16. New Hooker?
17. Lodge

Listened to the BSB on the way into work this morning and they were talking about Josh Schuster and his untapped potential vs motivation. They also mentioned that on paper, and with the acquisition of Brooks, that we were building a very good team. With one caveat - a fit turbo.

Schuster at 13?

Yeah right. We know he doesn't like the contact, so he's not playing in the middle.
Mentioned previously , doubt if Shu has even played or had any background as a 13 so not sure with this expectation that he can automatically transition to a middle role .
Not to mention again that based on all of his general playing mode , really does need to be just wide of the ruck to utilize his best playing attributes .
Is capable of being a quite reasonable defender but the demands at 13 , really a different proposition and doubtful he would offer the most complete type of defensive requirements there.
Again already this season have tried Jake , Alioia , Keppie , and Woods there as starters , some stints there from Matterson .
No smokeys from the lower grades likely in the short term and looks like a bit limited elsewhere .
May have been better previously trying to groom someone or a local like Luke Garner or Preston .

Brooks should provide most off the [ or a big part ] input addressing the 6 issue but apart from persevering with Jake or giving Matterson more opportunity there and means to do relatively well , still could be a bit of a problem area going forward

Other issue is a lack of potential FG juniors coming through. Feledy, Myers, 2 x Fainu's have left. Given we are out of the finals race it would have been nice to see some juniors blooded. Instead we are blooding Harper and Vaega. GCKT must be struggling in ressies if he can't get a run.

Schuster at 13?

Mentioned previously , doubt if Shu has even played or had any background as a 13 so not sure with this expectation that he can automatically transition to a middle role .
Not to mention again that based on all of his general playing mode , really does need to be just wide of the ruck to utilize his best playing attributes .
Is capable of being a quite reasonable defender but the demands at 13 , really a different proposition and doubtful he would offer the most complete type of defensive requirements there.
Again already this season have tried Jake , Alioia , Keppie , and Woods there as starters , some stints there from Matterson .
No smokeys from the lower grades likely in the short term and looks like a bit limited elsewhere .
May have been better previously trying to groom someone or a local like Luke Garner or Preston .

Brooks should provide most off the [ or a big part ] input addressing the 6 issue but apart from persevering with Jake or giving Matterson more opportunity there and means to do relatively well , still could be a bit of a problem area going forward
A lot of good points here.

Ben Trb is the most likely to be able to "grow" into the role if he stays on his upward trajectory.

But even in the best case with him, he might be a year or two away.

I'd try Croker there if GCKT comes on.

1.Turbo
2. Paulo
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau'atu
12. Whyte (no sure of spelling from the Roosters)
13. New lock?
14. Schuster
15. Blacker (Penrith)
16. New Hooker?
17. Lodge
Would be great to sign Whyte and Blacker, exactly what we need for the price they’d cost!

I think Whyte is more suited to a 13 role from what I’ve seen.

Building on your team I’d have the same backs and then this pack and bench:

8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Olakau’atu
12. Schuster
13. Whyte
14. GCKT/Humphries
15. Blacker
16. Lodge
17. Burbo

Not bad Ryan but Lawton worries me now. Apparently he re injured his troublesome shoulder again on the weekend and he has to have surgery again so I am a bit worried about his longevity now with that shoulder

After this past Friday mate (and what I've seen before), I'm going to become a huge advocate of Arthur permanently in the 14 (given Brooks will play 6, and likely Schuster 13).

What ya reckon?

After this past Friday mate (and what I've seen before), I'm going to become a huge advocate of Arthur permanently in the 14 (given Brooks will play 6, and likely Schuster 13).

What ya reckon?
I like Arthur too… if he can put on some size he could be a handy 13.

Seems to have the work ethic and desire that we need

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8