Writing on the wall for Toovey it seems

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Penrith Full Strength????

Missing were Wallace, Kite, Idris, Whare, and Sika Manu thats off the top of my head.

Fact is it was Penriths reserve grade side that beat us at Brookie.

I love Tooves and feel for him with the amount of backstabbing that seems to be going on in plain sight. I do wish he had a bit more backbone though. Too many times he's been sideswiped in the media by developments he knew nothing about. From the outset he should have stormed into Penn's office and told him it stops or he walks. This would have earned the respect of the players too, because what they see in the man they have to follow is powerlessness.
It's also happened to him enough that by the time he was asked about Barrett at the airport he needed to have a smarter answer than "we'll see" and "it's just rumours".
I've defended his coaching record of recent times constantly by referring to injuries. But what I'm not seeing is plans B, C, and D - strategies built around losses in certain positions and against specific opposition playing style. Nada.
And as for a team decimated by injuries keeping a fresh man on the bench til the last 10 minutes - well ya got me! Anyone?
Sadly Tooves has now become a bit of a laughing stock and this is a tragic situation for one of our all time greats. He needs to fall on his sword because there is no way back now.
Toovey is very much old school and loyal to his players, there have been times this season especially when hes needed to be bold with changes, I know we have been decimated by injuries but at times he keeps doing the same things that are failing. Its a shame that the guys hes shown faith to in the team have not been able to perform to the required level consistently.

Tooves has my full unwavering support. He may not be the best man for the job but I think he is a fine coach and one of the finest Manly men there is. He is the victim of several toxic factors that have been years in the making and I am filthy about it.

If the board decide to move him on then I will trust their judgement. But in their own words, it's a results driven business. If they moved Tooves on and we didn't win a title say within 5 years, I'd want them to pay absolute hell for stabbing one of our proudest and finest in the back.

Tooves has my full unwavering support. He may not be the best man for the job but I think he is a fine coach and one of the finest Manly men there is. He is the victim of several toxic factors that have been years in the making and I am filthy about it.

If the board decide to move him on then I will trust their judgement. But in their own words, it's a results driven business. If they moved Tooves on and we didn't win a title say within 5 years, I'd want them to pay absolute hell for stabbing one of our proudest and finest in the back.
Mate it's a results driven business now and we're bottom dwellers so what do you expect is gunna happen. If you love a CEO but you're losing money it means nothing. He's gunna go whether you're emotionally attached or not.

"I've been consistent from the day I started at the club, and I got asked the question before I started at the club about Geoff's tenure as head coach – Geoff's got a two-year contract. I absolutely expect to honour that two-year contract," Kelly said at a recent address to members.

"I have no intentions of doing anything otherwise than seeing Geoff honour that two-year contract."

However, it is understood officials were banking on the side losing away matches to the Cowboys and Broncos - as well as retaining Cherry-Evans - to justify the handover to Barrett.

When I see this kind of rubbish in the Manly club as highlighted above, I can see just why this club has imploded on itself. What a disgraceful treatment of a club legend fuelled with two faced lies and hoping he loses?. Absolute bull****.

Lets stop blaming the team and start blaming what is a toxic office.

NYEagle

"I've been consistent from the day I started at the club, and I got asked the question before I started at the club about Geoff's tenure as head coach – Geoff's got a two-year contract. I absolutely expect to honour that two-year contract," Kelly said at a recent address to members.

"I have no intentions of doing anything otherwise than seeing Geoff honour that two-year contract."

However, it is understood officials were banking on the side losing away matches to the Cowboys and Broncos - as well as retaining Cherry-Evans - to justify the handover to Barrett.

When I see this kind of rubbish in the Manly club as highlighted above, I can see just why this club has imploded on itself. What a disgraceful treatment of a club legend fuelled with two faced lies and hoping he loses?. Absolute bull****.

Lets stop blaming the team and start blaming what is a toxic office.

NYEagle
This is such a parramatta thing to do, if he gets fired then this will be the first time in my life i have ever been ashamed to be a manly fan, God knows we've had issues in the past and at present but I've never felt shame

Worse than Manly missing the eight is to see this club destroy the great culture it created.

Then we become another Newcastle or Canberra and be mediocre for decades.

Its a sad time for the Manly club. The NRL must be absolutely loving it. They want the license to create another soulless entity.

Toovey is loyal to guys in the team but I really think we would benefit from swapping a plodder like Hasson with Hodges just to add variety around the ruck. If there was one weakness tonight it was the inside ball where one of our big guys got caught and unable to stop the faster player. We need more speed and mobility in our pack!

Toovey is his own worst enemy. Case in point: Hasson - 2 runs, 12 metres, 10 tackles...
'nuff said!
Agree^^. I have to say I think people are taking this far to personally. If he's lost the playing group then as a coach he hasn't done his job. He is making $300k + per year and just because he's a club legend doesn't justify poor performance. We lack creativity in game planning and we keep sticking with players who are failing to offer the spark. Then when we have a bloke like hodges offer some spark and a bit of dynamic play we drop him. It's frustrating watching the bench rotations. And don't get me started on conversions. I don't ever feel confident watching us go for the two. It was pathetic early in the season when we didn't even have a back up plan. Lovely bloke but I don't see what everyone sees in Tooves as a coach.

Toovey is loyal to guys in the team but I really think we would benefit from swapping a plodder like Hasson with Hodges just to add variety around the ruck. If there was one weakness tonight it was the inside ball where one of our big guys got caught and unable to stop the faster player. We need more speed and mobility in our pack!
Toovey would not even think of this. He is bereft of imagination and adventure.

Yep, I noticed that too. Every time the Cowgirls made metres out of dummy half my first thought was that this is exactly what is lacking in our game right now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6