Writing on the wall for Toovey it seems

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I just had a look at the evening sports news and all channels, 7, 9 and 10 have strongly suggested that Trent Barrett is shortly to be named Manly coach, moving forward.

It just shows what a ruthless game this is now.

I really feel for Tooves, thrusted in when Doggler scarpered and kept a lid on things and continued the success of the team.

It seems he is to be the scapegoat for the performance of the team and pay the price for the dysfunction that has wrecked season 2014 and now 2015. The division of our players has caused this and Toovey has no where to go now.

I think its such a shame that a club legend like Toovey has been hung out to dry while some of the culprits of our current mire are at the club and still causing trouble.

If the club have decided to let Toovey go, this MUST be done with respect or dignity. After what we have see dished out over the last year, this is massively important.

If it is true, I would like to thank him for stepping in and having a go, you will always be a legend of our club!

Agreed, he's bleeds for Manly and deserves an immortal status in our great club. They must set up a job within the organisation so he is not forgotten.

What a joke.

Barrett has nothing to do with Manly. This isn't the Manly way.

I agree

Barrett does not bleed maroon and white

Bit out of the ball park but I think Cliff Lyons should be our next head coach- he would do a much better job than Barrett.

Toovey has certainly been hung out to dry and you know what with the right players he is most certainly a coach which could lead a team to a title.

And what hope they had of me renewing my membership will be well and truly gone if this is true

Would be the 1st year in 2016 I truly consider not resigning up if this rumour is true which it looks like.

But I know in the end I will renew my membership as I love this club too much and want to see it exist and members are a big part of its existence.

This is not the way to do it :mad:

The constant attacks, newspaper scoops etc are pathetic :swear:

If Bozo wants 2v gone, then it should have been done during the BYE. With a news conference headed by Penn thanking 2v for stepping up when The Son Of Sam pissed off etc :punch:

2V looks shattered with the ambush at the airport :(

Make a decision Manly FFS - they are just like Foran and Chez in their reluctance to stand by an unpopular decision :confused::banghead:

I'll keep my footy Club card active, but I am so over sitting in the Try Stand watching a Team that is whiteanted from the Chairman's Lounge @:rolleyes:

Didn't Manly management recently come out and say that Tooves job is safe for this year?

if they sack him before the year is out it not only shows how imcompetent they are but also what liars they are.

It's a result driven business Penn said regarding Tooves job, I also think it's the same for the chairman.

Penn will have to sack himself if Barrett doesn't get the desired results.

This is not the way to do it :mad:

The constant attacks, newspaper scoops etc are pathetic :swear:

If Bozo wants 2v gone, then it should have been done during the BYE. With a news conference headed by Penn thanking 2v for stepping up when The Son Of Sam pissed off etc :punch:

2V looks shattered with the ambush at the airport :(

Make a decision Manly FFS - they are just like Foran and Chez in their reluctance to stand by an unpopular decision :confused::banghead:

I'll keep my footy Club card active, but I am so over sitting in the Try Stand watching a Team that is whiteanted from the Chairman's Lounge @:rolleyes:

As much as I dislike foran I don't think he is having any trouble standing by his decision.

I've heard Ivan Cleary will be coach next year and Trent Barrett will be he's assistant.

So who really knows what the hell is going on at the club?
I just hope that Tooves is given the respect that he deserves and is able to at least finish the year out and given another role within the club

I will more than likely continue my membership as I've had season tickets in the Jane Try Stand since the early 90's.

I don't want that association with my club to end because of a couple of incompetent, disrespectful pr*cks!

They will have to deal with my emails/letters or phone call if they do sack Tooves and explain to me why it happened.

Of course it is just political as Tooves obviously was on the wrong side last year. The creeps that wanted him gone have nearly all moved on.

If our results since 2012 were bad I'd agree with the move but they're not. This year is down to turmoil and the worst injury toll I've seen at this club.

At least let him finish his contract and decide then.

As much as I dislike foran I don't think he is having any trouble standing by his decision.
My point is that in November he was rumored to have already decided that he only wants to be coached by BA. Despite two neespaper scoops, he still denied it till early March.

Chez signing with the Titans forced him to actually tell Manly in mid March - 5 months of leading Manly on!
With that implausible line about not knowing if he was staying or going till 9am on that Monday :confused::swear:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6