Worst team in the competition - Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After seeing Suli's effort in staying/coming back on the field after his sternum injury & getting heavily involved in defending our line I dont think his effort or passion can be questioned.

I think our lack of consistency in the backline has seen him starved of early ball but I have seen him go looking for it & making some good yards a few times this season.

Nothing wrong with dce and cust... can't say the same about levi. Also our forwards in general are always on the back foot which doesn't help our halves. This is all symptomatic of having the worst backline in the nrl. If the halves have no threats to go to, what do they do??
Doesn't help having the worst hooker in the NRL, but I agree. Our backs don't help enough, or just get smashed trying.

Last night Reynolds and Walker had sooo much time to run, because they were getting over the advantage line with ease. Their backs started it, returning the ball strongly and breaking tackles which lead to the middles jumping on the back of that and steam rolling up the middle. Reynolds and walker were allow to drift across the park and run to the line with so much space.

It was a pretty good team performance from south's, both weeks

Actually we are ranked 5th in fewest errors, and 2nd in missed tackles. If this was our problem, we would be top 4.

I think you'll find it is our output in metres gained, and inability to create line breaks, where we are ranked in the bottom 4. This implies there is too much pressure being placed on our middles, so they get gassed from having to constantly tackle and cart the ball from our own line. If you look at the workloads of our individual players, it's absolutely appalling how little our back 5 actually help
I think the back 5 have helped plenty this year, in leaking tries

After seeing Suli's effort in staying/coming back on the field after his sternum injury & getting heavily involved in defending our line I dont think his effort or passion can be questioned.

I think our lack of consistency in the backline has seen him starved of early ball but I have seen him go looking for it & making some good yards a few times this season.
that is what Im saying, a few times this year is not enough. he can be a weapon. Love to see him come looking for it and take a hit up, he is a very destructive runner

Very sad to say it but based on current form we are officially the worst team in the game. What a rabble.. what a joke... what a dead set disgraceful display.... hang your heads in shame.
Watch these guys beat souffs in the 2nd half, watch!

What a load of horse dung!
Yes we are not playing well, yes we have issues we need to address, yes some selections are leaving us scratching our heads, yes some players are not performing BUT, to say we are the worst team in the comp......! Really?

Go and follow someone else. I’m sick of reading tripe.

How many of those you listed and the current squad other than Harper, Boyle and levi has the current regime actually recruited? 90% of our roster is pre Hasler 2.0...
The truth is Des has extended/ re-signed most of the squad under his watch, thankfully he extended AFB, Tent and Guaca within his first couple of months at Narrabeen.

The likes of Jorge, Garrick, Elliot, Jetski and Sipley all got resigned by Des.

To say Des has not had his say in the squad is non factual, there are only a couple of players in DCE and Waddell that come off hand where Des has not had input into their contracts.

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
I disagree, in general we seem to always be on the back foot early on in matches. That’s the reason everything compounds badly.

We are defending most of the time and it always seems the opposition always gets set restarts late in the tackle count.

Our forward pack is hit and miss. I think our edge backrowers lack any penetration. AFB might be a beast at making metres, but he must’ve have the slowest play the ball which then makes those metres gained sort of redundant.

The problem I have with AFB's play the balls are the reason they are so slow. Other than turning his back to the defence looking for an offload (but more often than not all that does is allow them to put him on his back), he then gets up and looks at the ref appealing for a penalty that never comes ... THEN he plays the ball. By the time he's got through it all the defence has set and is all but moving forward already (and sometimes actually is ... which is illegal but rarely gets called).

I don't care so much that he appeals for a penalty because sometimes its warranted. But couldn't he do it after he's played the ball? It just wastes time otherwise. Time that allows the defence to be set.

On recruitment, I recall when Des came back to us it was made clear he would have zero input on the financial/contractual side of things.

I'm curious about what the process is then - does our recruitment squad (whoever they may be) find potential players then run them by Des for his final approval before making them an offer or do they bypass Des completely, essentially saying to him "here's who we've bought, now use them"?

Likewise with re-signing players - does Des have any say in it or are these decisions (& offers tabled) made completely without his knowledge & input?

I'd say Des is involved in who we target, who we retain etc. As coach he would have to be. And I would also say he'd be involved in negotiations to a point. That point being that he just doesn't have any say in how much money a player is offered or the length of the contract on offer. Pretty sure the club put that in because we don't want to go down the back ended contracts path again that Des was noted for.

A player like Suli really needs to get involved more and come looking for the ball.

We've got one centre who's more than willing, but isn't a great ball runner, and we've got another centre who likes to stay out on his side and wait for the ball to come to him even though he's a proven damaging ball runner.

If Suli had Parker's work ethic, not to mention his defensive game, he'd be just about bloody perfect.

Yes we are not playing well, yes we have issues we need to address, yes some selections are leaving us scratching our heads, yes some players are not performing BUT, to say we are the worst team in the comp......! Really?

3rd worst... I reckon we could only beat dogs and broncos atm.. just.
If we played titans atm, they would towel us up. We are actually not far off being the worst side in the nrl. Sometimes the truth hurts like a bitch

The problem I have with AFB's play the balls are the reason they are so slow. Other than turning his back to the defence looking for an offload (but more often than not all that does is allow them to put him on his back), he then gets up and looks at the ref appealing for a penalty that never comes ... THEN he plays the ball. By the time he's got through it all the defence has set and is all but moving forward already (and sometimes actually is ... which is illegal but rarely gets called).

I don't care so much that he appeals for a penalty because sometimes its warranted. But couldn't he do it after he's played the ball? It just wastes time otherwise. Time that allows the defence to be set.
Agreed...very frustating. Still an absolute beast, our best forward and one of the top props in the world. As frustrating as his play the balls, we have waaaaaaay bigger problems

On recruitment, I recall when Des came back to us it was made clear he would have zero input on the financial/contractual side of things.

I'm curious about what the process is then - does our recruitment squad (whoever they may be) find potential players then run them by Des for his final approval before making them an offer or do they bypass Des completely, essentially saying to him "here's who we've bought, now use them"?

Likewise with re-signing players - does Des have any say in it or are these decisions (& offers tabled) made completely without his knowledge & input?
I cannot imagine Des having no say in what players he has. The head coach lives or dies by his players so surely he has most input on who he wants within salary cap limits.

I'd say Des is involved in who we target, who we retain etc. As coach he would have to be. And I would also say he'd be involved in negotiations to a point. That point being that he just doesn't have any say in how much money a player is offered or the length of the contract on offer. Pretty sure the club put that in because we don't want to go down the back ended contracts path again that Des was noted for.

Yeah, I figured he'd have to be involved somehow, wouldn't make much sense otherwise!

Was just trying to get an idea of the process & logistics of it from a non-financial perspective.

Silence! We lost 50 plus did any other team lose by that much on the wknd? Not even close hence we are the worst team based on current form. They carved us up like a thanksgiving Turkey and left us boneless

Silence! We lost 50 plus did any other team lose by that much on the wknd? Not even close hence we are the worst team based on current form. They carved us up like a thanksgiving Turkey and left us boneless
So if no team looses by more than doesntmatta this weekend does that mean a top 4 side is the worst in the comp? Of course it funking doesn't.
What a crapola cess pit of a thread. Just another chance for those silvertail members with a blatant anti Des anti DCE agenda to sprout more BS than a bulls Bottom hole. And let me tell you growing up on a cattle farm thats a lot of s h i t ola.

Have
So if no team looses by more than doesntmatta this weekend does that mean a top 4 side is the worst in the comp? Of course it funking doesn't.
What a crapola cess pit of a thread. Just another chance for those silvertail members with a blatant anti Des anti DCE agenda to sprout more BS than a bulls Bottom hole. And let me tell you growing up on a cattle farm thats a lot of s h i t ola.
Have we lost 3 in row? Last game 56 points. I love Des... dce is playing shyte. These are facts

Any side can have a **** day and as the parra game showed yesterday you come up against a side in form then anything can happen.

Case in point the 2008 GF. One of the greatest days in our history but honestly was Melbourne that crap or was it just one of those days?

I reckon its fair to say Manly are definitely 1 of the worst in 2020....there are many genuine reasons, but for Bring back the Biff or anyone else to have an opinion is fair game....obviously a passionate supporter pi**ed off at some performances and baffling selections, which for right or wrong is debatable no doubt.
The problem with Manly 2020 is there is a major difference between their best and their worst.
Yes there are key players out, but even with this there have been games against quality opposition where have been a massive performance, than against a poor side have looked horrible, with the SAME team.
I believe attitude plays a big part and some of the efforts from the likes of NZ, Titans full of reserve and average players, who have a true dig are indications this is true, as though lost plenty have seldom capitulated like some Manly perfornces.
The sad part about a Tom T type missing is not just what he brings, but the fact players around him grow in stature just knowing he is there....why??....because his team mates just KNOW - he can make something happen.
This is why personality would have loved to see some young enthusiastic blokes with undoubted talent, get the jump earlier, may have added energy and lifted the team, just glad Hoppa gets a gig Sunday....what a tester - Storm ...

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8