Worst team in the competition - Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How crazy is it watching the rabbitohs field a second string backline and demolish parra... why does every other club seem to have an abundance of big, fast, talented athletes and manly has parker taufua miski elliot etc etc. What the hell is crusher doing?? Oh wait we got morgan harper
.... and The Shoe, Miski, Anderson, Metcalf, Burbo.... all of whom may be up to NRL standard.

How crazy is it watching the rabbitohs field a second string backline and demolish parra... why does every other club seem to have an abundance of big, fast, talented athletes and manly has parker taufua miski elliot etc etc. What the hell is crusher doing?? Oh wait we got morgan harper
How many of those you listed and the current squad other than Harper, Boyle and levi has the current regime actually recruited? 90% of our roster is pre Hasler 2.0...

How many of those you listed and the current squad other than Harper, Boyle and levi has the current regime actually recruited? 90% of our roster is pre Hasler 2.0...
Point taken but...

Des/Crusher re-signed Taufua, Parker, Suli and Gosiewski last year when we could have looked for more dynamic juniors

They are also responsible for the recruitment of Elliot, Garrick and Waddell, plus guys like smith, musgrove and harper (all guys that couldn't crack it in first grade for the bottom teams of the comp)

I know we don't have $ but recruitment since Oct 2018 has turned out to be fairly ordinary (hindsight is a wonderful thing!)

I'd like to use this opportunity to also question Donny's programme. We are one of only 4 clubs who have declined in output - this has nothing to do with missing our spine, and tbh everyone else seems to be adapting to rule changes

Point taken but...

Des/Crusher re-signed Taufua, Parker, Suli and Gosiewski last year when we could have looked for more dynamic juniors

They are also responsible for the recruitment of Elliot, Garrick and Waddell, plus guys like smith, musgrove and harper (all guys that couldn't crack it in first grade for the bottom teams of the comp)

I know we don't have $ but recruitment since Oct 2018 has turned out to be fairly ordinary (hindsight is a wonderful thing!)

I'd like to use this opportunity to also question Donny's programme. We are one of only 4 clubs who have declined in output - this has nothing to do with missing our spine, and tbh everyone else seems to be adapting to rule changes
Pretty sure garrick wadell and eliot were barrett signings as was elgey

On current form we are one of the worst teams along with the Dogs and Broncos.
I don't know if it is injuries or we haven't adapted to the new rules or what but a few months ago we were a few dud ref calls from being first on the table.

Season is gone so forget about bringing Tom back in 2020, get him fully fit and give a few young blokes ago. Forget about Albert as it seems the club has no real interest in him, I thought he was meant to be a future star but if this was true he would be signed up.

Souffs' backline last night was missing star players Roberts, Gagai, Johnson and for part of the match Latrine. Yet their replacements were brilliant.
Many posters on here blame the injuries to Turbo and The Doorman for ruining our season. How is it that Souffs' young replacements can handle the NRL with ease, yet DESpicable doesn't have any faith in our young'un such as Anderson, The Shoe, Metcalf, Harper, Miski, Burbo and Hoppa Jnr?
To me, our capitulation this season is due to repeated selection of proven failures when there are so many potential options not being tried.

Souffs' backline last night was missing star players Roberts, Gagai, Johnson and for part of the match Latrine. Yet their replacements were brilliant.
Many posters on here blame the injuries to Turbo and The Doorman for ruining our season. How is it that Souffs' young replacements can handle the NRL with ease, yet DESpicable doesn't have any faith in our young'un such as Anderson, The Shoe, Metcalf, Harper, Miski, Burbo and Hoppa Jnr?
To me, our capitulation this season is due to repeated selection of proven failures when there are so many potential options not being tried.
Not just Souffs. The Rorters, Storm, Panfers all using young inexperienced players and look where they sit. It's been an apocalyptic failure of roster management this year.

I am not saying our outside backs are great but there is a fair difference when you are missing your 1, 6 and 9 than outside backs

Your right with young Marsters and Paulo who were creating carnage on that right side for Souths, after just a few games between them and marking up and destroying Jennings and Sivo.
Manly are probably a fair bit worse off without Tom and lessor extent Walker than Souths missing players, but when ppl say we rely on Tom T FAR too much its both sad and true....but will say he is arguably the best in the game when fit and on....which is hard to replace, though agree 100% a few of the youngsters you mention, would not only be at least as good as more experienced players who have filled in and I would say Far more exciting to watch play footy and with opportunity....may just have that star potential we need....

Point taken but...

What’s wrong with Suli? He’s done quite well amongst all the other crap that’s been handed out. Harper was playing NSW Cup & hasn’t had the opportunity to play 1st grade.

What’s wrong with Suli? He’s done quite well amongst all the other crap that’s been handed out. Harper was playing NSW Cup & hasn’t had the opportunity to play 1st grade.
He's pretty shyte this year... maybe because he doesn't get the ball or he's too lazy to get involved. After last year i thought he would become a damaging center and score many a try. He has not lived upto the hype

He's pretty shyte this year... maybe because he doesn't get the ball or he's too lazy to get involved. After last year i thought he would become a damaging center and score many a try. He has not lived upto the hype
He’s young Biff....Plus he’s played with broken wrist, dislocation & ankle not 100% & in a backline that’s done sfa. Last year he had Walkz feeding him good ball & showed what he’s capable of. Combination with Cust will come good. I’m hoping he & Walkz will reunite in the Centres. He’ll be back better in 2021.

I am not saying our outside backs are great but there is a fair difference when you are missing your 1, 6 and 9 than outside backs

Exactly!

Easy to bring in fringe players when the spine is settled and the team is winning.

But hey, some people just like to bag and whinge for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Pretty sure garrick wadell and eliot were barrett signings as was elgey
You are right about elgey, and can't remember if elliot was barrett or des but garrick and waddell were des... I think
Tbh Suli is our only outside back who can bend the line but considering him as our big weapon is a little lame when you compare him with those at other clubs. He doesn't get involved enough, can be a little suss in defence, and has 0 skill/passing game/footy awareness. I think he would be a much better winger - useing him as a battering ram to get us out of our end and he would be of much more value.

Harper can't crack it at the worst ranked, and lamest attacking team in the competition...surely that says we are literally the last at the table

Did you miss the fact that Latrell, Walker, Reynolds and Cook were giving good early ball and creating space for them?

How often have you seen Elliot, Cust, DCE and Levi do that.

Take out Latrell, Walker and Cook and I’d say their rookies wouldn’t look as good.

But hey, don’t let that get in the way.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10