Worst side Ever. Congratulations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cmon guys its not that bad. Consider the facts first. We have walker who quite frankly is a role model for our club. Give the guy a PS5 and he is good to go. We have a coach who loves his players that much he is willing to put up with them. We have suli that has the mentality and wit that would scare the opposition into hiding and he can move like the wind especially on a loose ball yea. We had a hooker who loves a good party and can relate to others and boy can he play and to think who he replaced. Who needs smith when we have players like this. These three examples are only the beginning of a side who will win a grand final. Man we are going places and to think off field dramas don't matter, i mean how can it yea. But time will sort it all out as it always does. Just imagine us winning a grand final with the likes of walker and suli in our side. Honestly what a dream come true. **** where is my band aid.
A bit off topic but with all those "yea's" I read that in Randy "Macho Man" Savage' voice, made it so much more interesting.:cool:

• 😆
Reactions: Dan
look at the clubs you referred to, they are all in as much **** as we are and desperate to sign players that might boost their rosters, like us it’s error after error, poor management and no idea.
Dragons are 2-1...I couldn't even imagine Manly being 2-1.

This team from 2003 finished the season with losses of 36-28, 51-16, 56-24, 46-16, 52-26 and 40-10

Do you think they would beat our current side ??

Fullback1.Brendon Reeves
Wing2.Scott Donald
Centre3.Kevin McGuinness
Centre4.Ben MacDougall
Wing5.Albert Torrens
Five-Eighth6.Luke Dorn
Halfback7.Jason Ferris
Front Row8.Jason King
Hooker9.Chad Randall
Front Row10.Aaron Cannings
Second Row11.Solomon Haumono
Second Row12.Sam Harris
Lock13.Steve Menzies (c)
Bench14.Mark Shipway
Bench16.Anthony Watmough
Bench17.Gary Winter
Bench20.Glenn Stewart
CoachPeter Sharp

Fullback1.Albert Torrens
Wing2.Scott Donald
Centre3.Kevin McGuinness
Centre18.Ben MacDougall
Wing5.Mitch Creary
Five-Eighth6.Luke Dorn
Halfback7.Jason Ferris
Front Row8.Jason King
Hooker9.Chad Randall
Front Row10.Grant Wooden
Second Row12.Sam Harris
Lock4.Steve Menzies (c)
Bench13.Mark Shipway
Bench14.Aaron Cannings
Bench16.Anthony Watmough
Bench17.Gary Winter
CoachPeter Sharp
Yes they would.beat our current team.

I actually would love a 56-24 game. It means we can at least score some points. As for 36-28, that would our our crowning achievement for 2021 to get that close to a team

Combined team with the team that played last night

1.Reeves
2.Donald
3.Walker
4.Torrens
5.christ this back 5 is rough....Garrick?
6.Schuster
7.DCE
8.King
9.Randall
10.Trbojevic
11.Menzies
12.Watmough
13.Stewart

14.Cust
15.Aloiai
16.Paseka
17.Harris

Ahhh that backrow
Challenging but you have probably done quite well . Know that we are not presently seeing the best of him but would put Suli ahead of Torrents [ even though Albert was a pretty fair footy player ] May even put Paseka ahead of Jason King even though i really liked Kingy when he was fit and firing . Chad was a good competitor but would even put Cust ahead of him now . Hard to leave out Cannings on the bench . Reuben on the wing , yeah would think there would be better available but such is footy . Reeves played some wing

There needs to be an internal investigation into how we have fallen so far behind and so low. Unfortunately we have clueless owners who since they have owned the joint have just run it into the ground, they are out of their depth and don't have the brains or the passion to turn it around. With the Penn's owning the club, Dessie as a coach, reserve grade players masquerading as 1st graders and an unbalanced salary cap. We may as well get used to performances like the last 15 games. I see no way out of this worst side in the clubs history crap for the the next 3 to 5 years.
Mate I've followed this once great club since 1961 and I have never seen anything like this. The code has left us behind and all we are doing is making up the numbers. Redcliffe Sea Eagles with brand new owners has a nice ring to it. Watch this space.

I think in terms of pure player talent, it’s definitely not the worst team MWSE has ever had.
But ..... whatever word you want to use; culture, feeling, vibe or simply just attitude, this is the worst I’ve ever seen it.
When Des came back in 2019 it seemed like the old Des from the late 2000’s. The team was building nicely and just seemed to be getting better and better, until the unlucky loss to souths in the semi. 2020 was looking promising until Turbo broke down (again) in the Canberra game. From that point it’s been all downhill.
There’s lots of reasons why, we are where we are, but I can’t get past the notion that something’s up with Des. Mentally he seems off. He’s continually picking players who appear out of their depth and others clearly out of position. The game plan (I’m assuming there is one) is completely ineffectual and the players aren’t responding to it anyway.
I’ve heard over the years, commentators refer to a coach that’s “lost the dressing room” but never really gave it too much consideration. Now I understand what it looks like. Last night, the panthers looked like a team that enjoyed playing a game of footy. Most of our players looked like, they were only doing it because they were contractually obligated to.

That's ridiculous. He was a great player and always gave 100%/
He was a great coach in his first stint with the club.
Let's leave it at that.

We should have left it like that. He should never have been brought back to the club for a second stint. His legacy as a great Manly player and coach is being tarnished irrevocably by what is happening to the club right now.

I agree with Susan. We might not have the capacity as a club to comeback from this. We might fold or we might be forced to play out of Perth in the future. I supported the Northern Eagles, but I am not sure if I could ever support a relocated Eagles team.

The reason I’m worried is not so much the footy side of this as with some decent recruiting, new coach and good youth in a few years we could start becoming competitive again.

Trouble is it takes a long time and we have a very weak members base and our crowds have always depended on success, which thankfully we have had plenty over the years.The crowd attendances this year will lead to a massive loss for the Penns. Is there a genuine suitor out there ? Maybe

Can a club survive extremely low crowds and dwindling members for an extended period in this cutthroat environment with well funded expansion teams chomping at the bit. I’m doubtful and the fact that a Sydney team exiting would allow comp without a bye team in 2023 would probably be attractive to NRL.Vlandys is someone who looks like he would not hesitate to make a hard decision if required , unlike the weaklings who preceded him.

The owners have been extremely quiet and there just seems a feel around the place of acceptance of defeat.

Centre of Excellence and stadium upgrade have to be positives I suppose. Tough days.

Last edited:
I was a bit hopeful [ maybe more wish fill thinking for a better start ] but realistically , it was always going to be a big ask with a fairly tough opening draw and some key players out to be doing that well at this stage . Worse then expected for sure but let "s see how things go in four round "s time for instance . Just putting themselves under too much sustained pressure with that shocking mistake rate and again can seem to be competitive for short periods then combined what can only be described as sub standard overall efforts . Des called for composure [ apparently ] for the i st half and what eventuated , rushed passes , unforced errors and so on ] Was Des responsible for this , hardly but has to take the criticism for persisting with some players who should not be starting or out of position . Put Tom , Fainu , Olokau - atu , maybe even Siro off the bench and Sipley or Davey in the 17 last night and of course would be a much more competitive side . Blame all round still but just not confined to any one or specific area .

Sea Eagles are still the only recognized N R L club on the north shore or beaches so that will always be in their favour fortunately at least , unless disaffected Manly supporters want to see some type of a North Sydney convoluted franchise replace them . Penns are not the sole owner in any case , what is their actual ownership stake now , some 70 % , apparently there has been some other interest in the past to buy their stake but that is another matter again . Would changing owners suddenly result in a big uptake in T P A "s , doubt it . Anyway still a long way to go this season , terrible start and some terrible or very ordinary form in general [ from the team or some particular individuals but surely must be able to do better , some pretty good juniors coming through , some good players to return soon . Never as bleak as it seems sometimes .

This team from 2003 finished the season with losses of 36-28, 51-16, 56-24, 46-16, 52-26 and 40-10

Do you think they would beat our current side ??

Fullback1.Brendon Reeves
Wing2.Scott Donald
Centre3.Kevin McGuinness
Centre4.Ben MacDougall
Wing5.Albert Torrens
Five-Eighth6.Luke Dorn
Halfback7.Jason Ferris
Front Row8.Jason King
Hooker9.Chad Randall
Front Row10.Aaron Cannings
Second Row12.Sam Harris
Lock13.Steve Menzies (c)
Bench14.Mark Shipway
Bench16.Anthony Watmough
Bench17.Gary Winter
Bench20.Glenn Stewart
CoachPeter Sharp

Fullback1.Albert Torrens
Wing2.Scott Donald
Centre3.Kevin McGuinness
Centre18.Ben MacDougall
Wing5.Mitch Creary
Five-Eighth6.Luke Dorn
Halfback7.Jason Ferris
Front Row8.Jason King
Hooker9.Chad Randall
Front Row10.Grant Wooden
Second Row12.Sam Harris
Lock4.Steve Menzies (c)
Bench13.Mark Shipway
Bench14.Aaron Cannings
Bench16.Anthony Watmough
Bench17.Gary Winter
CoachPeter Sharp
Any team with the Beaver will have heart. So yeah probably would beat the hacks we have at the moment. King and Haumono would steam over the piss ant Taupau who doesn't even want to be here.

We do have some talented Individuals.. but a team they are not.

We need to brace for whatever might happen if we lose all 25 games.

The impact on the club would be immense.

With them desperate to see another side in QLD we could very easily see our club forced to hand the licence back in ( Penn would get a payout ) and the license given to , say, the Redcliffe Dolphins.

Fans not turning up , owners not giving a **** , players not giving a **** , sponsors deserting the sinking ship.

Brace yourself , unlikely BUT could happen.

Honestly the worst side I've ever seen. Not just from manly. In general. 50% completions.

Saab. Not good enough. Out jumped by s much shorter winger. Can't tackle. Rubbish. Give our kids a go.

Parker. Pub player. Can't hold a ball or beat a tackle. No strength. Get rid.

Suli. For his size. Your a cat. Can't tackle.

DCE. Can't even run a side for 1.5 million a year. Can't even do the basics and organise his side.

Turbo. You are now slowbo. Rubbish. Lays all over the play the ball

Croker. Walker. I feel sorry for. Not playing in their right positions. Walker has no confidence there.

Boyle. Piss weak.

Jetski. Laughable.

Taupau. **** off. You don't want to be here. Feel like he doesn't want to get injured. Just let him go. Mutual termination. Bye.

If I forgot anyone. You weren't as **** as the rest.

Disgrace to my club and the jersey. Disgrace to yourselves. Can't hold the ball or tackle. No heart. No chase on a loose ball. Just nothing.

Des.... You've lost the dressing room. Yet you still pick these players that don't want to play for you. You have a bunch of kids who have real talent and don't give them a go.

1-17 next week. As you were.
I'm Bored. just going to park this here for fun.

Yep clearly a few members, including myself, were guilty of premature capitulation. We of little faith. Happy to put my hand up for being wrong on Des's legacy being tarnished by the complete garbage that we all saw on field in the first four rounds. Happy also to say that on many players (Crocker, Carrick, Parker et al), I was completely wrong. Happy to also defend the passionate Manly supporters who are clearly guilty of being passionate Manly supporters. Go Manly.

Last edited:
I've never been happier to admit how very wrong I was. Good thing coaches don't listed to us fans, eh?
Good thing Walker, Sirro, Suli, GoJetSki and Boyle got injured too...

Harper, Sips, Keppie, Guac and schu were all missing from the R1 team... Harper came in for the R5 game and totally locked down our edge defence since... if GoJetSki did not get injured R5 then Guac probs STILL would not be in the side...

Des has got the side firing and Tom makes the whole side look good but seriously wtf was Des thinking not playing some of these guys?

I reckon the initial thread had merit based on the early season form and was almost an emotional plea crying out for improvement.
Personally felt we would not get the truth until Tom T got back on deck, but also felt the side looked flat and lacked enthusiasm, hoping we could inject the Harper, Guoc, Sipley types who have also been integral in the attitude and form improvement....as Stokesy rightly called, some of these injuries have also turned into a blessing and this is an area that should not be underestimated in the form reversal in recent times.
As for Des, the man has proved himself before and with the right blend on the field and with the dressing room obviously buying into his ways, this side is on the up....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8