Worst side Ever. Congratulations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
In reality we all have to admit that the first 4 rounds was absolute crap. The team played well below their ability in all aspects and it begs the question why.

The game against the Warriors at Central Coast Stadium was just a complete change of mind set from the previous 4 rounds. Passion, aggression and a want to win was completely evident as opposed to the previous 4 weeks.

So what changed and what happened in the previous 4 weeks?

One simple answer... ‘Turbo’ and the confidence. that he brings to the team and also the lack of a suitable replacement for him when he was injured.

Yes, we beat the Warriors without Turbo however, that was the first sign of real passion from the team. We played the top 3 in the first 4 rounds and while I was pissed off at the defence and lack of attack, it was more so against the Dragons, which was just ridiculous.

It’s amazing how things can change.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You're entitled to your opinion.
don't agree though about Jetski Boyle and Suli, I think all 3 have something to offer and if we go on to do something this year they'll play a role (well less so Boyle, he smashed his body out there on the field being a no-talent bum for Manly and now he's out for the whole season).

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
us Manly supporters who were 'Negative Nancys'. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it seems the classy thing is to not continually carry on with the whole "I told you so"
But its ok to have to read pointless whinge after moan after whinge yeah? Let me countvupbthe negative ****ty posts and compare that number to my apparent 'continual' carry on shall we? You didnt need hindsight to get to the position we are in today. Just a little understanding that we were not a bad side. Just a side having a bad time.
And yet you sit on your high horse, with the luxury of watching young talent now in the side, a few good wins, and are taking joy in the self-perceived notion that somehow you are more loyal than those who ever doubted.
What? What?

High Horse? Im just a bloke who's sick of the moaning bastards on here.

There it is again 'the magic young talent' holy grail excuse. The team is winning as a team. Tom is the catalyst for that. Yes its nice to see the enthusiasm of the kids doing well but had the same kids played in those first 4 rounds i doubt the results would have been much different.
I completely agree, and why folk can’t laugh along with the obvious troll bemuses me.
Troll? Thats a good one.
In reality we all have to admit that the first 4 rounds was absolute crap. The team played well below their ability in all aspects and it begs the question why.
The reasons have been well covered in multiple posts in tbis thread and others.

And to give you a tip.

it wasnt because they were crap, had no heart, were old or that the coach sucked.
You're entitled to your opinion.
don't agree though about Jetski Boyle and Suli, I think all 3 have something to offer and if we go on to do something this year they'll play a role (well less so Boyle, he smashed his body out there on the field being a no-talent bum for Manly and now he's out for the whole season).
Exactly. Every member of the 30 has something to give should they be needed.

Im happy to admit im not a huge fan of Suli for instance. Just never seems to fulful his apparent potential.
Jetski drops a lot of ball but gives his all every game and cover a number of positions and Boyle is a making up the numbers player at best. But in the end they all have a job to do that most of us couldnt even get close to doing.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Change of attitude and the warriors have changed the score

Brown did the Job at half time

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
But its ok to have to read pointless whinge after moan after whinge yeah? Let me countvupbthe negative ****ty posts and compare that number to my apparent 'continual' carry on shall we? You didnt need hindsight to get to the position we are in today. Just a little understanding that we were not a bad side. Just a side having a bad time.

What? What?

High Horse? Im just a bloke who's sick of the moaning bastards on here.

There it is again 'the magic young talent' holy grail excuse. The team is winning as a team. Tom is the catalyst for that. Yes its nice to see the enthusiasm of the kids doing well but had the same kids played in those first 4 rounds i doubt the results would have been much different.

Troll? Thats a good one.

The reasons have been well covered in multiple posts in tbis thread and others.

And to give you a tip.

it wasnt because they were crap, had no heart, were old or that the coach sucked.

Exactly. Every member of the 30 has something to give should they be needed.

Im happy to admit im not a huge fan of Suli for instance. Just never seems to fulful his apparent potential.
Jetski drops a lot of ball but gives his all every game and cover a number of positions and Boyle is a making up the numbers player at best. But in the end they all have a job to do that most of us couldnt even get close to doing.
Am I missing something?

Your initial post (in the re-hash of this thread) admitted to trolling... 'I'm bored...'

If reading whinging posters upsets you just use the 'block feature... personally I enjoy a different point of view (even occasionally my long-lost-bud Biff) - it spices things up and makes you think (unless you are p*ssed after a game and just want to have-at-it lol)

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Am I missing something?

Your initial post (in the re-hash of this thread) admitted to trolling... 'I'm bored...'

If reading whinging posters upsets you just use the 'block feature... personally I enjoy a different point of view (even occasionally my long-lost-bud Biff) - it spices things up and makes you think (unless you are p*ssed after a game and just want to have-at-it lol)
Being Bored and being a troll are very different things.

Let me help you out a bit.

noun

(in folklore) an ugly creature depicted as either a giant or a dwarf.

Or

troll noun [C] (COMPUTING)​

someone who leaves an intentionally annoying or offensive message on the internet, in order to upset someone or to get attention or cause trouble

a message that someone leaves on the internet that is intended to annoy people:
A well-constructed troll will provoke irate or confused responses from flamers and newbies.

What i was doing was having a laugh at the content of the thread with the benefit of hindsight.

We are where we are now due to people taking offence that someone dare question the negative teiger happy nature of their opinions.

P.s. i realise ive left an open door with the first troll definition. Go hard lads.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member

noun

Or

someone who leaves an intentionally annoying or offensive message on the internet, in order to upset someone or to get attention or cause trouble

A well-constructed troll will provoke irate or confused responses from flamers and newbies.

What i was doing was having a laugh at the content of the thread with the benefit of hindsight.

We are where we are now due to people taking offence that someone dare question the negative teiger happy nature of their opinions.

P.s. i realise ive left an open door with the first troll definition. Go hard lads.
I was actually using the term “troll” as a verb, not a noun, but accept that wasn’t clear. But come on, as Franky pointed out, your initial post the other day was deliberate in provoking the (formerly) negative nellys. Not that I disagree with the gist of what you say and haven’t found this thread entertaining.

Last edited:

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately

noun

Or

I am not having a go EoL...

I just figured you're 'I'm bored...' statement fit the 'somebody who leaves an annoying msg' definition... I mean you were clearly having a shot at @KaZa for your own amusement... its a classic troll move - even by your own definition...

I could care less as it is all a bit of banter and a laugh but @Ranga was not wrong...

Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was actually using the term “troll” as a verb, not a noun, but accept that wasn’t clear. But come on, as Franky pointed out, your initial post the other day was deliberate in provoking the (formerly) negative nellys. Not that I disagree with the gist of what you say and haven’t found this thread entertaining.
don't go bringing verbs into this. that's out of line.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers

noun

Or

In the spirit of the comic book guy, originally on the web it was trawling not trolling.

Kevinward777

First Grader
They were an absolute embarrassment it was almost comical - gosiewski, boyle, suli are no-talent bums. others were certainly playing like that too

Personally, I questioned to myself whether Des was still up to it, but I love that man, always have.
I look forward to resurrecting this post when Suli reaches his undoubted potential. Some folk are just suckers for punishment.

The players whom you are calling no-talent bums have all performed in the past. I know who I'm backing in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14