World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
World cup huh that’s hilarious.The real world cup starts tomorrow.
Firstly, not a shot at you PSE. You just planted the tee in the ground, and I’ve come along doing my best "Happy Gilmore" impersonation.@:)
You mean this one.⬇️ Yes, bought and paid for by the Qataris.If I was apart of the alphabet group, I’d just be buying a one-way ticket. West meets East ideology and religious views. What could go wrong?

They (the Qatar royal family) only had a decade to make this call. But hey, lets leave it to a week before kick-off.⬇️

https://www.news.com.au/sport/footb...d/news-story/6eba818e66e6a15428e000bded1eb521

And this just in! Wow, just wow. Where do you start?⬇️☠️😳😱🤯

https://www.news.com.au/sport/footb...h/news-story/dfea477205d38ba12937ea2ae804ea1e

Last edited:
Yeah I found it fairly boring this world cup. I want to see more top level test footy Aussies, kiwis and poms and prob a pacific nation in old 4 nations format for next few years.
France to host us interesting one, some support there but hardly mainstream and current side way off pace even with pro players everywhere.
England need to sort there pro comp and try and move to franchise league need to have teams in Newcastle and London that us a must. Event showed some so called heartland areas are not showing support for code.
Pacific nations Png, Fiji, Tonga and Samoa continue to get stronger each cup.
Probably base a lot of the format on previous tournament outcomes . Maybe a bit more flexibility to allow OZ and the kiwis for instance not being on the same side of the draw if it was based on current indicative ratings . Haven 't seen the game yet , maybe Samoa were down on their game a bit , maybe Australia has picked up their game a bit .

Probably base a lot of the format on previous tournament outcomes . Maybe a bit more flexibility to allow OZ and the kiwis for instance not being on the same side of the draw if it was based on current indicative ratings . Haven 't seen the game yet , maybe Samoa were down on their game a bit , maybe Australia has picked up their game a bit .
Samoa looked like they played final last week

Not sure about 3rd gear, they put everything into it, but weren't slick in attack. Samoa scored 2 tries and could easily have got another but the lack of a dummy half was always going to be telling, it's obvious in NRL just how important a dummy half is. They didn't have one and even their fill-in was knocked out part way through.

Who was the last unsigned player to play in a world cup final a la Marty Tapow last night?
It's a strange one. I can understand clubs balking at a large price tag but you'd think he'd have had some interest. Maybe he's prepared to retire rather than play on a reduced deal?

Is that Flannos peptide Kangaroo?

479865_10151280539890583_1946912328_n.jpg

Flanno's boys were more like this! 🤭😂

Good on the Kangaroos being the world champions.

Having just seen it, I thought Aus weren't great but did enough to win it. Samoa and Aus both played better finals footy last week and our game vs the Kiwis was a better game to watch.

Today Samoa were never going to win after losing CHT and with no playmaker, but admirably they never gave up and competed to the end. A few were quiet, whilst others played really well and lived up to their reputations. One player I'll single out is Stephen Crichton who imo has stepped up in the last couple of weeks.

Yes, some WC games were blow-outs and a little boring, but overall I was just happy to watch some quality footy at this time of the year!

Good on the Kangaroos being the world champions.

Having just seen it, I thought Aus weren't great but did enough to win it. Samoa and Aus both played better finals footy last week and our game vs the Kiwis was a better game to watch.

Today Samoa were never going to win after losing CHT and with no playmaker, but admirably they never gave up and competed to the end. A few were quiet, whilst others played really well and lived up to their reputations. One player I'll single out is Stephen Crichton who imo has stepped up in the last couple of weeks.

Yes, some WC games were blow-outs and a little boring, but overall I was just happy to watch some quality footy at this time of the year!
I have to say that the numbering system used in the WC drove me insane, why would they do it? Didn’t someone at the top think about the confusion people viewing the games would be experiencing? I found personally that by the time I had worked out who was in jumper 15 or whatever, the play was over and for the king of morons Voss to say that the numbering system wasn't an issue just shows why he's the king of morons. Or maybe it's just because I'm an old bastard and I resent change😫

Yes, Andrew Voss needs to be ‘shot down’ (verbally that is!) on air, like his great great uncle Werner Voss, who was actually shot down in the air, back in 1917.

Here’s a picture of Onkel Werner:
11E96484-EDF7-4424-9BFD-DD16D4D7690A.jpeg

Now that it's all over I wonder if there will there be any signings announced this week?

I may have questioned a few things, but I'll admit that Nathan Cleary played well last night. Easily his best general play game of the tournament. Lord only knows what was up with his goal kicking though. For some reason he couldn't get a shot from the touch line to even make the distance during the tournament.

I may have questioned a few things, but I'll admit that Nathan Cleary played well last night. Easily his best general play game of the tournament. Lord only knows what was up with his goal kicking though. For some reason he couldn't get a shot from the touch line to even make the distance during the tournament.

Apparently they used different balls than the NRL use and he had trouble adjusting. He did seem to find his radar late in the game.

Last night's attendance of 67,502 was the 3rd highest ever for a World Cup Final.

2013 - 74,468 - Old Trafford
1992 - 73,631 - Wembley (0ld)
2021 - 67,502 - Old Trafford
1995 - 66,540 - Wembley (old)
1968 - 54,290 - Sydney Cricket Ground
2008 - 50,559 - Suncorp Stadium
1988 - 47,363 - Eden Park
2000 - 44,329 - Old Trafford
2017 - 40,033 - Suncorp Stadium
1954 - 30,368 - Parc des Princes
1977 - 24,457 - Sydney Cricket Ground
1970 - 18,776 - Headingley
1972 - 4,231 - Stade de Gerland

Firstly, not a shot at you PSE. You just planted the tee in the ground, and I’ve come along doing my best "Happy Gilmore" impersonation.@:)
You mean this one.⬇️ Yes, bought and paid for by the Qataris.If I was apart of the alphabet group, I’d just be buying a one-way ticket. West meets East ideology and religious views. What could go wrong?

They (the Qatar royal family) only had a decade to make this call. But hey, lets leave it to a week before kick-off.⬇️

https://www.news.com.au/sport/footb...d/news-story/6eba818e66e6a15428e000bded1eb521

And this just in! Wow, just wow. Where do you start?⬇️☠️😳😱🤯

https://www.news.com.au/sport/footb...h/news-story/dfea477205d38ba12937ea2ae804ea1e

Samoa were never going to win. Rugby League is such a strong sport in Australia. Even a kangaroos B side would have won the World Cup
Samoa were also the only team to suffer significantly from injuries, they were down to the bare bones for the final having lost 6 of their squad. For them to have mounted anything like a serious challenge they needed to be at full strength and healthy. So yes, Australia could probably supply 2 teams that would have won but with the funding the sport gets this will always be the case. RL is a minority sport in pretty much every other country and at both domestic and international level has been badly mismanaged. People may not agree with it but Australia has a duty to promote the sport (wherever in the world this may be). Or they can be content celebrating being world champions every 4 years, which at the moment is a bit like being crowned tiddlywinks champion of our house (there's only me and the Mrs)

Samoa were also the only team to suffer significantly from injuries, they were down to the bare bones for the final having lost 6 of their squad. For them to have mounted anything like a serious challenge they needed to be at full strength and healthy. So yes, Australia could probably supply 2 teams that would have won but with the funding the sport gets this will always be the case. RL is a minority sport in pretty much every other country and at both domestic and international level has been badly mismanaged. People may not agree with it but Australia has a duty to promote the sport (wherever in the world this may be). Or they can be content celebrating being world champions every 4 years, which at the moment is a bit like being crowned tiddlywinks champion of our house (there's only me and the Mrs)
I thought Samoa were a second Australian side

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4