World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roumanos.jpg

How embarrassing that the PNG anthem is some colonial anachronistic throw back. It's so grossly inappropriate and I hope they move to change it in the near future.
I could imagine a lot of indigenous cultures feel the same way about their National Anthems but, in the Kiwis case- at least they have a verse in traditional Maori and follow up the anthem with a Haka

I think Fiji have the best anthem, I'm neither religious or fluent in Fijian but they sound good

The competition is hotting up now. That was a good game and the atmosphere in among the middle of the Tongans was something I've never experienced at a game before. I've heard plenty during a game but never hymns being sung. We've probably got the teams in the semi's we were expecting, with maybe only Samoa or Tonga being most people's only question mark

Sadly the world cup has been terribly predictable. England with an easy passage into the final v the winner of the Aussies and The Kiwis. It hasn't got me up early yet.

That was a strange decision, which cost them dearly in the end.

Personally I think Tonga have gotten ahead of themselves since that win over Australia in 2019. A bit too much arrogance about where they think they are at, and now its cost them by missing a World Cup Semi Final berth.

The point is that it didn't need changing at all.

Well that's one opinion. Others probably hold a different view.

Considering Indigenous Australian's are the oldest civilization in the world, dating back some 60,000 years, probably makes sense we aren't considered 'young'.

I don't mind 'one and free'. Has an inclusivity to it that I like and appreciate.

I still don't get why ours needed to be changed, even if it was only a couple of words. I guess Scummo had to leave his mark on something.....
Scummo would have kept it unchanged if he could. It is a boring tune with cringy lyrics, before we even get started on the colonial pride aspect. I'd be happy to get rid of it altogether Holden.

Well that's one opinion. Others probably hold a different view.

Considering Indigenous Australian's are the oldest civilization in the world, dating back some 60,000 years, probably makes sense we aren't considered 'young'.

I don't mind 'one and free'. Has an inclusivity to it that I like and appreciate.

For mine it was an unnecessary change.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8