World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Think that it a great concept in its present format and with the fairly flexible arrangements for country representative availability . Really need a bit of common sense approach to some on field interpretations for indiscretions and seemed the right call for the Junior Paulo incident . Samoa "s defence could be a little brittle at times and guess it will depend on how well they can manage this in the final . Certainly have some impressive attack if things click , Australia will have a little more depth and overall team strength to work off and should have the edge . Again much will depend on how well Samoa can hang in there in defence and make the most of their undoubted attacking flair if some things can go their way

Australia shot away from the international pack on the back of halfbacks in the late seventies/ early eighties.

Aussies have always had that extra dimension in the halves that the brits and the kiwis just couldnt muster.

they could rev up for games in different eras but it was the wally lewis, the sterlos, the ricky suarts, johns, lockyer and thurstons that have kept australia in the top spot. what about cliffys try

stacey jones briefly and big olsen took it to wally, provided that direction for the kiwis but the craft game managing playmakers have been, and still are the reason Australia hoists so many trophys. we often get outmuscled, enthused but pure class and a calmness prevailed way too often for the brits liking in particular

its never been about skills or big plays, as getting the team in a position to execute those big plays on your own terms and watch the opposition crumble. australia has always been better at that when it matters because the NRL gave a better grounding of attrition and patience

On manly watch, tuilagi was good v tonga did not get enough game time v England.
Event itself is what it is, look ideally having big 3 in same pool leads to more competitive games. England ideally need france to get there **** together to have a competitive nh nation.
England missed opportunity Watkins was very poor on defence

Funny reading these comments about Hiku now, go back and read the game day threads from his final season and he was getting carved up deluxe on Silvertails, mainly because the defence inside him would collapse and he was be left on the wing trying to mark 2 people

His last couple of years have definitely been his best, he had a period at the Warriors where he couldn’t defend to save himself but always had the attacking flair

Australia shot away from the international pack on the back of halfbacks in the late seventies/ early eighties.

Aussies have always had that extra dimension in the halves that the brits and the kiwis just couldnt muster.

they could rev up for games in different eras but it was the wally lewis, the sterlos, the ricky suarts, johns, lockyer and thurstons that have kept australia in the top spot. what about cliffys try

stacey jones briefly and big olsen took it to wally, provided that direction for the kiwis but the craft game managing playmakers have been, and still are the reason Australia hoists so many trophys. we often get outmuscled, enthused but pure class and a calmness prevailed way too often for the brits liking in particular

its never been about skills or big plays, as getting the team in a position to execute those big plays on your own terms and watch the opposition crumble. australia has always been better at that when it matters because the NRL gave a better grounding of attrition and patience

Dummy half is Samoa's Achilles heel, the rest of their spine can hurt the kangaroos.

There was too many minnows (16 teams, 4 groups) & blow out scores in the WC. I think the WC T20 draw with a pre qualifying competition for lesser teams and then a final draw with 12 teams in 2 groups worked better.

I would suggest the top eight teams from this WC be automatically seeded into the next WC, i.e. Australia, England, NZ, Samoa, Tonga, PNG, Fiji & Lebanon. The other eight teams, France, Scotland, Wales, Greece, Cook Islands, Italy, Ireland & Jamaica could participate in qualifying rounds with the top two (or four) being added to the main draw of ten (or twelve) teams in two groups.

Last edited:
Well it will not happen , guaranteed to be exactly the same team.

Agreed. The only way Meninga will change that team for the Final is if someone got injured during training this week

When Bozo was in charge of the Kangaroos he wasn't above changing even a winning side if he felt it warranted, though most times he would stick with the same side. But this game against Samoa really shouldn't see any changes to the Kangaroos Semi-Final side.

Unfortunately I think DCE has played his last game for Australia. Our only representative in the Final will be Jake Trbojevic.

Kevin Sinfield has started his latest fund raising effort running 7 ultra marathons (around 60km) in 7 days from Edinburgh to Old Trafford. He's planning on arriving at half time in the world cup final and is raising money for MND and of course his good friend and former teammate Rob Burrow.

This’ll sound like I’m a traitor but gee what a thrill it would be if Samoa was to win !!!

Can you imagine the celebrations in Apia ???

Highly unlikely but I wouldn’t be unhappy if it happened.

Completely different if we were playing England , **** them they can get rooted BUT I do love an underdog.

Funny reading these comments about Hiku now, go back and read the game day threads from his final season and he was getting carved up deluxe on Silvertails, mainly because the defence inside him would collapse and he was be left on the wing trying to mark 2 people
Sounds familiar with Harper this year getting stranded by his inside defenders.

This’ll sound like I’m a traitor but gee what a thrill it would be if Samoa was to win !!!

Completely different if we were playing England , **** them they can get rooted BUT I do love an underdog.
See where you are coming from and also just wonder how much more talent and star power is out there in the Pacifica .

I would've liked to have seen a NZ v Samoa or Aus v England final. They would be much better atmosphere and more bitter rivals. But yes I'd like to see Samoa win this.

The next world cup finals must be played in NZ but with prelim games being played in Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and PNG if the RL are fair dinkum about expanding the Pacifika game.

Apia for sure, but jeez I got enough police reports through last wknd from Logan and Redbank Plains! I can only imagine Western Sydney!

I've just watched the highlights of the Womens NZ semi-final win over England. Can anybody shed light on No. 24 for the Kiwis?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11